=][= REQUEST TUTORIALS HERE =][=

• 2 weeks later...

Tutorial Request

Type: Painting

Race: Space Marines/Luna Wolves

Details: How to paint them

Hey um I was wondering whether or not anybody could tell me how to paint luna wolves (I dont care to much about the type of armour but if someone could help with that to that would be so awesome) like I want them to be a pearly white but I dont know how to do it. If it could go into detail cause I'm a beginner. Also how do you paint that shoulder symbol for them? I really want the armour to be a pristine pearly white. Sorry for any hassell

Lupercal

P.S Will this be answered on this forum or somewhere else and how will i know when it is answered?

Race: Space Marines, Blood Angels

Details: How do you freehand the Angels Sanquine symbol?

I would like to use it for my DIY chapter, but I am having difficulty finding a tut/doing it myself so that it looks good.

Thanks in advance.

P.S Will this be answered on this forum or somewhere else and how will i know when it is answered?
Right here in this thread when/if someone has something to add.

Tutorial Request

Race: Space Marines/Luna Wolves

Details: How to paint them

Hey um I was wondering whether or not anybody could tell me how to paint luna wolves (I dont care to much about the type of armour but if someone could help with that to that would be so awesome) like I want them to be a pearly white but I dont know how to do it. If it could go into detail cause I'm a beginner. Also how do you paint that shoulder symbol for them? I really want the armour to be a pristine pearly white. Sorry for any hassell

Lupercal

There is a few ideas in this thread

Personally speaking I quite like the grey/white in this thread

The recipe for it is:

1) Basecoat of Scorched Brown

2) Mix with a bit of Codex Grey, get everything but the cracks

3) Mix in about 50/50 with Codex, feather over the previous layer leaving a bit showing

4) Mix in a lot more Codex so it\'s just slightly pinkish-brown, and again feather it over.

5) You should have I\'d say 65% of the surface of the tabard being pure Codex at this stage.

6) Mix a bit of Bleached Bone into the Codex. Feather up like before.

7) Yet more Bleached Bone, start to use more sparingly.

8) Lots of Bleached Bone, used only in a few key spots.

Race: Space Marines, Blood Angels

Details: How do you freehand the Angels Sanquine symbol?

I would like to use it for my DIY chapter, but I am having difficulty finding a tut/doing it myself so that it looks good.

Thanks in advance.

It isn't freehanded but check out how it is done at 7:00

ok, so I have decided that, instead of a 'tattoo', I am converting my MotW Grey Hunters with CSM bits, Maxmini werewolf heads, and genestealer hands. Basically, I am clipping the SW hands off the arms and gluing the smaller GS hands in place of them. I am going to try to sculpt fur on the backs of the hands to cover the joins. My issue is that I have no experience with gs and the tutorials I have found are for larger areas. Can anyone give me a good, scaled down example or tutorial?

Tutorial Request

Tutorial Type: Painting

Race: Space Marines

Description: A tutorial on how to paint tanks in yellow or other bright colors.

Description: A tutorial on how to paint tanks in yellow or other bright colors.

Make sure there's orange in there, which is my request pretty much. :)

link

link

link (orange shading)

link (can easily be modified to be more orange)

link

link

ok, so I have decided that, instead of a 'tattoo', I am converting my MotW Grey Hunters with CSM bits, Maxmini werewolf heads, and genestealer hands. Basically, I am clipping the SW hands off the arms and gluing the smaller GS hands in place of them. I am going to try to sculpt fur on the backs of the hands to cover the joins. My issue is that I have no experience with gs and the tutorials I have found are for larger areas. Can anyone give me a good, scaled down example or tutorial?
link

link

link

link

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tutorial Request

Description: Tattoos. Not necessarily the actual freehand work, I think I got that (although I wouldn't mind comparing my work to someone else's to see how I'm doing). I'm really having a heck of a time trying to get the right colors for that aged tattoo look, slightly faded. Any help would be appreciated.

Anyone have an easy Tutorial for freehanding the "new" Astral Claws chapter symbol? Thanks!
It is really not that hard, given it's all black. Just learn to draw the icon on paper and then with a detail brush. :rolleyes:

Sadly this is the only shot I have of it and it is a bad angle for the freehand I did on his belt, but you can see my AC test model here:

gallery_11038_675_109981.png

Give it a go on a test model, it is truly easy to do!

Tutorial Request

Description: Tattoos. Not necessarily the actual freehand work, I think I got that (although I wouldn't mind comparing my work to someone else's to see how I'm doing). I'm really having a heck of a time trying to get the right colors for that aged tattoo look, slightly faded. Any help would be appreciated.

There is a few ideas: here

Anyone have an easy Tutorial for freehanding the "new" Astral Claws chapter symbol? Thanks!
It is really not that hard, given it's all black. Just learn to draw the icon on paper and then with a detail brush. :cuss

Sadly this is the only shot I have of it and it is a bad angle for the freehand I did on his belt, but you can see my AC test model here:

gallery_11038_675_109981.png

Give it a go on a test model, it is truly easy to do!

Much obliged there Nihm. However.... It seems i wasn't specific enough when asking. What i'm after is the pre-renegade chapter symbol, the one recently re-done (i think) by FW. Ideas for that one? But, I may just add the renegade symbol in the army somewhere for a fluffy nod.

-CC

The new badge mmm, would that be this one?

If so,

All you need is a good laser printer, some decal paper and some microsol!

And of course, this:

link

Or, simply teach yourself how to draw it, it, like the other one, it isn't that hard. No tricky shapes and it consists of only two colours. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Tutorial Request:

Details: Painting battle damage on dark metal

Looking for tips on painting battle damage on dark colored metal armor (boltgun metal very heavily washed w/ Badab black.) Most techniques i've seen involve painting metal color on armor color, then underlining with black. Don't think this will work on the scheme i'm using. Thoughts?

Tutorial Request:

Race: Space Marine: Luna Wolves (or White Scars, need to learn about painting white-based marine)

Details: I cannot paint white Space Marine model without them looking like some Storm Troopers, without any depths/different layers of color/shades.

Thank you.

Tutorial Request:

Details: Painting battle damage on dark metal

Looking for tips on painting battle damage on dark colored metal armor (boltgun metal very heavily washed w/ Badab black.) Most techniques i've seen involve painting metal color on armor color, then underlining with black. Don't think this will work on the scheme i'm using. Thoughts?

Would you happen to have a picture of your marines/scheme?

Tutorial Request:

Race: Space Marine: Luna Wolves (or White Scars, need to learn about painting white-based marine)

Details: I cannot paint white Space Marine model without them looking like some Storm Troopers, without any depths/different layers of color/shades.

Thank you.

http://bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=91589, have a look at around Step 11, before they are painted bone.

• 3 weeks later...

Tutorial Request:

Type: Modeling / Converting

Details: Converting Bikes

I love the idea of Marine bikes, I love the stats.....but I friggin' hate the incredibly static model, and I'm having a hard time trying to make each of mine unique. Any and all Tutorials would be greatly appriciated; Thank you in advance.

Tutorial Request:

I love the idea of Marine bikes, I love the stats.....but I friggin' hate the incredibly static model, and I'm having a hard time trying to make each of mine unique. Any and all Tutorials would be greatly appriciated; Thank you in advance.

Let me get back to you on that one.

pinning tutorials? im pinning my metal daemon prince to a resin base. got a privateer press pinning set with drill bits. any tips?
Surely you checked the Librarium before posting. ;)

link

• 2 weeks later...
Tutorial Request:

Any luck yet, brother?

Tutorial Request:

Any luck yet, brother?

For all your biker needs:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...=140294&hl=

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...=118757&hl=

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...=134730&hl=

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...=122323&hl=

And jet bikes:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...+tutorial\

http://grabski-jetbike.blogspot.com/

Tutorial request

Type:painting

Race:Space Marines: Dark Angels

Details: I want to know what technique is the fastest but doesn't look bad and inaccurate.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Feel free to look around in the respective forums before asking guys.

The Librarium and the chapter's home forum is usually a good place to start. :)

Tutorial request

Type:painting

Race:Space Marines: Dark Angels

Details: I want to know what technique is the fastest but doesn't look bad and inaccurate.

Thanks