Word Bearers' XXXth Host

CavPathfinder

Guest Herald of Desolation
That is amazing. I want to kidnap you and stick you in a cell and make you do conversions for me forever. I'll take care of you. You'll have all the beer, pizza and wenches you want.

Best Oblit Ever.

Real curious to see how that gaus works out, made a custom woofer enclosure for a car draping cloth over a form and soaking it with fiberclass resin, let it harden, bondo, sand then paint. Don't know what to use at this scale but you have definatly got me thinking.

smallvictory, sword brethren, Brother Loring - Thanks for all of the positive comments. I really appreciate them.

Herald of Desolation - I'm not sure how to respond to that. Just so you're aware, I have a lot of high powered firearms and can run really, really fast. :D

Yes!!!! A plastic obliterator!!! i totally hate the games workshop metal ones they're terribly chunky and look fat and ugly on the table top, this one is so literal and has all the weapons there perfectly displayed! what a fantastic conversion! i envy your green stuff skills :3

one of the BEST-ARMYs-EVER! xD

<----- waiting for paint^^

Thanks,

Paint might be a while, I’m waiting to finish the building phase. A few more squads of Marines to go.

Dear god that Oblit looks amazing, what a treat to look at! :D

Fantastic work.

Thanks,

I aim to please.

Yes!!!! A plastic obliterator!!! i totally hate the games workshop metal ones they're terribly chunky and look fat and ugly on the table top, this one is so literal and has all the weapons there perfectly displayed! what a fantastic conversion! i envy your green stuff skills :3

Thanks,

I don’t like the GW Obliterator model either, that’s what inspired me to create this little fella.

What kind of cabling did you use on your obliterator conversion?

I have used various gauges of guitar and bass string. I picked it up at Walmart (figured they had the cheapest stuff). It is basically a single wire with another wraped very tightly around it.

Hobby Tip:

Take your time bending it. If you rush it, you'll end up with kinks in it where the wraped wire is too spread out. As you can see in the bend below.

gallery_48083_3942_342200.jpg

I use two small needle nose pliers

gallery_48083_3942_741574.jpg

and make small bend after small bend

gallery_48083_3942_699809.jpg

After you have the basic shape you want, you should be able to adjust it with your fingers.

gallery_48083_3942_281631.jpg

Here's an example of where I went nuts with the guitar/bass string, using various gauges throughout the project.

gallery_48083_3967_634357.jpg

gallery_48083_3967_92204.jpg

gallery_48083_3967_359256.jpg

Really cool conversions you got. I especially like the Obliterators. What did you use for the mesh material that makes up the lower part of the robe?

I used gauze (I just realized I've been using the wrong word: gauss is a metric measurement of magnetism) from a first aid kit. I'm going to drip some super glue on it, that will make it rigid (diamond cutting hard).

Incredible conversions mate - the Bloodletter heads on the Dark Apostle's knees are totally inspiring; they're definitely an idea I'd consider stolen! ;) Where are the Chaos stars from that are behind the Bloodletter faces just out of interest?

I'm a fan of the head choice, although I personally think that if you could carefully chop off the front part of the head and attach it to the back part of a standard SM helmet it'd look awesome: a properly distorted Chaplain mask as opposed to a daemonic head. But hey, if that's your intention then it certainly works!

I second Nephilim's inquiry about the Soul Grinder, pics next to a standard Defiler....?

Looking forward to seeing more work from you brother.

For the Word! :lol:

Looking at the comparison picture really makes me wish when the Defiler kit was first released it looked more like the current Soul Grinder as that really gives the physical sense that the the defiler is a deamon engine.

You've definitely done a great job at re-creating the imagery behind the Defiler ;)

Archived