Word Bearers' XXXth Host

CavPathfinder

Here are my Rhino transports

I thought I was done, until my buddy Dan the Daemon showed me his. Now I've got a few modifications to make

As with my Troops, these Transports have a uniform appearance. I really like Dress-Right-Dress.

I've got a total of five of these bad boys

gallery_48083_4321_130442.jpg

The rear of all of them is pretty much the same (once again, Uniformity).

gallery_48083_4321_72060.jpg

A close look reveals some battle damage

gallery_48083_4321_369970.jpg

A Plasma Glancing hit

gallery_48083_4321_320646.jpg

gallery_48083_4321_393774.jpg

gallery_48083_4321_836073.jpg

gallery_48083_4321_109560.jpg

I've got four more of these Scum Loyalist Space Marine Sacrifices to make

gallery_48083_4321_276250.jpg

gallery_48083_4321_758169.jpg

Watch out Dan, if you re-do yours he might have to re-do his. Then you'd have to re-do yours again. It'd be a vicious cycle.

That's what we've been doing to each other for two years now. It's definately been a benificial relationship. And the reason why neither of us has a complete Army yet (I mean complete to our standards. We can probably field over 2000 points each, if we had to).

The Rhinos look great, but for a Chaos army, you could add at least a little diversity between them.

When I saw your post I was first wondering why you posted similar angles of the same vehicle over and over again.

Silly loyalist. Can't you tell by their spikey bits? If you look closely, you can.

The Rhinos look great, but for a Chaos army, you could add at least a little diversity between them.

When I saw your post I was first wondering why you posted similar angles of the same vehicle over and over again.

Silly loyalist. Can't you tell by their spikey bits? If you look closely, you can.

I have about 4000+ points of Chaos Space Marines ^^

I just think that Chaos Marines would not decorate all their vehicles in exactly the same fashion, especially the spikey bits...

I have about 4000+ points of Chaos Space Marines ^^

I just think that Chaos Marines would not decorate all their vehicles in exactly the same fashion, especially the spikey bits...

It was meant as a joke. I've seen you post a lot on Chaos posts. I think they're the same reason as to why the squads all having the same helmet. Unifomity seems more cohesive than individuality for an organized Legion versus a piratical warband.

Lots of spikes! Nice job with all the bling :)

Thank you,

I always knew I’d do a Chaos Space Marine Army. Because I like spikes, fire, red, daemons, and guys that are mad at their dad.

I love the trophy in the Mk 8 armor and the strung-up marine.
They're some damn nice Rhino's, very flavourful indeed. I love the loyalists tied to them :P

You’ll notice in my Army that there are NO, NONE, ZIP, ZERO, ZILCH trophies of Imperial Guard, Orks, Tau, Necrons, Tyranids, Dark Eldar, or Eldar. We don’t view defeating these sub-races as glorious victories, but minor Inconveniences. Only Space Marines make fitting trophies.

My friend: Pah, nothing could make me collect a chaos...(sees this thread) a chaos......DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR

That’s right Brother, let the voices in your head, guide you along the true path of enlightenment

My guys are not a bunch of Space Pirates. They are an element, of a Legion, that has remained unified for over 10,000 years. I know it sounds crazy, but that kind of longevity requires some rules, rules that are strictly enforced. You know why you won’t see a Marine without a helmet in my Army? Because a member of a team that is willing to increase the risk of death to himself, lacks discipline. And we will kill him ourselves for his weakness.

The same can be said for our vehicles. The symbols, markings, litanies, runes, etc. are all arranged in an exact manner for a reason (what that is, I don’t know yet (haven’t gotten that deep into my own FLUFF)).

Looking good, james, looking good. I really dig the dark apostle, dopeity dope dope. Of course the army looks better in person :)
Thanks bra

Lots of spikes! Nice job with all the bling :wallbash:

Thank you,

I always knew I’d do a Chaos Space Marine Army. Because I like spikes, fire, red, daemons, and guys that are mad at their dad.

That's awesome. Best response ever.

They're some damn nice Rhino's, very flavourful indeed. I love the loyalists tied to them ;)

You’ll notice in my Army that there are NO, NONE, ZIP, ZERO, ZILCH trophies of Imperial Guard, Orks, Tau, Necrons, Tyranids, Dark Eldar, or Eldar. We don’t view defeating these sub-races as glorious victories, but minor Inconveniences. Only Space Marines make fitting trophies.

Xenos are below us.

My guys are not a bunch of Space Pirates. They are an element, of a Legion, that has remained unified for over 10,000 years. I know it sounds crazy, but that kind of longevity requires some rules, rules that are strictly enforced. You know why you won’t see a Marine without a helmet in my Army? Because a member of a team that is willing to increase the risk of death to himself, lacks discipline. And we will kill him ourselves for his weakness.

The same can be said for our vehicles. The symbols, markings, litanies, runes, etc. are all arranged in an exact manner for a reason (what that is, I don’t know yet (haven’t gotten that deep into my own FLUFF)).

What fluff do you really need? The Dark Apostle decreed a sleek, uniform look and the Host obeyed.

The organizational make-up of each Host differs wildly as well, and can change depending on the whims of the Dark Apostle that leads it. Often they will suddenly alter the hierarchy of their Host for reasons known only to themselves. These changes often result in seemingly unwieldy or tactically inflexible formations. The Word Bearers themselves accept these changes without question.

The rhinos look lovely. What chapter is the loyalist marine trophy going to end up being? My vote goes to Guilliman's sissy boys in blue.
They’re ULTRAMARINES of course. I’ve also got a few Black Templars and Space Puppies strapped to the hulls.

Lots of spikes! Nice job with all the bling ;)

Thank you,

That's awesome. Best response ever.

They're some damn nice Rhino's, very flavourful indeed. I love the loyalists tied to them :P

Xenos are below us.

What fluff do you really need? The Dark Apostle decreed a sleek, uniform look and the Host obeyed.

The organizational make-up of each Host differs wildly as well, and can change depending on the whims of the Dark Apostle that leads it. Often they will suddenly alter the hierarchy of their Host for reasons known only to themselves. These changes often result in seemingly unwieldy or tactically inflexible formations. The Word Bearers themselves accept these changes without question.

Yeah, what he said

Woah, these are really pimp, good job mate!
I think Huggy Bear would be proud

A Plasma Glancing hit

gallery_48083_4321_320646.jpg

Fantastic tanks! :(

At the risk of sounding stupid, how did you do the gouge down the side of this tank? It's a fantastic and original touch! :)

Thanks,

I did the gouge with an Exacto knife. And I felt really stupid afterward, because I own a Dremel.

Just awesome I love every bit. The uniformity, the deep sense of ritual and the vehicles looking the same feeds into your overall theme
Thank you very much.

I’ve been thinking this Army through for over two years now. I feel like this type of theme of uniformity is rarely seen in Chaos Armies.

• 7 months later...

Hey all,

It's been a while, I know. I live in Hawaii, there's a lot to do here, and I'm trying to do it all.

I finally painted something. This is the first model I've painted in almost six years. it's pretty rough.

gallery_48083_5293_914080.jpg

gallery_48083_5293_558730.jpg

gallery_48083_5293_568601.jpg

gallery_48083_5293_238758.jpg

gallery_48083_5293_339327.jpg

toying around with the camera

gallery_48083_5293_2602050.jpg

gallery_48083_5293_373642.jpg

gallery_48083_5293_1722929.jpg

gallery_48083_5293_530745.jpg

GOOD WORK

Good to see you back working on some stuff. Starting to paint now is the best choice so don't try and save all your guys until you learn how. You'll need to learn how to paint on all those guys, then you'll make some more, and be awesome.

I love the blue/white skin, that's what i was trying to go for with my Dp but couldn't pull it off. I think the horns and the spine/tail could be painted in bone color, but other than personal taste he's awesome.

GOOD WORK

Good to see you back working on some stuff. Starting to paint now is the best choice so don't try and save all your guys until you learn how. You'll need to learn how to paint on all those guys, then you'll make some more, and be awesome.

I love the blue/white skin, that's what i was trying to go for with my Dp but couldn't pull it off. I think the horns and the spine/tail could be painted in bone color, but other than personal taste he's awesome.

Thanks Brother,

I did a lot of experimenting on this mini. I'm way behind the curve on painting experience. Heck, it's probably the first time you've ever seen one of mine painted isn't it.

After looking at the pictures some more, I think my camera has a "make it look really, really good" setting. The actual mini looks real rough in person.

I was going to do the horns and spine in a "bone". In fact I did. It just didn't look right against the red armor and white skin, just too many contrasting colors. So, I painted over it. I like the way the black horns ended up "framing the face". And I figure, the spine could be grown from the armor, instead of his actual spine.

Once again, Thank you.

Archived