Word Bearers' XXXth Host

CavPathfinder

Updated the first Squad a little.

I've added an Aspiring Champion, A Heavy Bolter gunner, and a Flamer (I know the model has a heavy flamer bit, but I think the Word Bearers should be flamer heavy - the better to cleanse the galaxy of the unpure)

The biggest update were the litanies. I knew when I tried to take a short cut, I'd regret it. I did. So I went back and made them right this time.

here's a group shot

gallery_48083_4318_619991.jpg

a small group

gallery_48083_4318_695186.jpg

and just two dudes

gallery_48083_4318_576916.jpg

That better angle on it has me sold on it. The teeth on it are really good too.

Thank you, I thought the different angles would help.

Brother Martemis, Doghouse, Capt. Lysander, Thank you as well

That heavy flamer rocks. Where are the teeth from?

The whole squad looks very solid. I'm not sure I like how they all have the same helmet, but that's just personal preference.

Thank you

The teeth are from the WFB Lizardmen

Them all having the same helmet is part of their uniformity and attention to detail. It’s an indicator that they all fight together for the same common purpose. They’re not a bunch of pirates

I love the flamer and the power weapon. I also like how you gave the champ An accursed Halo.

The Flamer, Mace Power Weapon, and the Halo have been ideas I've wanted to do for a while now.

You're guilting me into modeling again.

you know - That’s what I do best

All this stuff looks great.

Thanks Brother,

Here’s a few more of the Aspiring Champion

gallery_48083_4318_289824.jpg

gallery_48083_4318_269471.jpg

gallery_48083_4318_33029.jpg

gallery_48083_4318_381983.jpg

gallery_48083_4318_348364.jpg

gallery_48083_4318_289618.jpg

gallery_48083_4318_18216.jpg

Wow. This stuff is all amazing. Just a few questions: Are those boot treads the only thing you use to make your marines so tall?

What's that tabard on the champion's back from?

Is the plasticard between the two grips on those bolters necessary or just aesthetic?

And finally, can we get a close up on that heavy bolter(?) guy?

Brother Duncs

Thank you

Wow. This stuff is all amazing. Just a few questions: Are those boot treads the only thing you use to make your marines so tall?

First of all, Thank you.

The tread on the soles is one of four steps to make my guys taller

here's a step-by-step

Steps 1 and 2:

I glue the ridged plasti-card to the soles of the feet, and plastic tubing to the waist.

gallery_48083_3942_78440.jpg

I trim down the ridged card around the feet, and file down the edge of the plastic tube

gallery_48083_3942_591856.jpg

gallery_48083_3942_223678.jpg

This way it fits into the bottom of the torso better

gallery_48083_3942_621518.jpg

Step 3:

I glue plastic tube to the neck of the head

gallery_48083_3942_815748.jpg

and file it down so that it fits into the neck of the torso better

gallery_48083_3942_120693.jpg

Step 4:

this is my final step. I'm going to add a base that is about 1/8 inches taller.

gallery_48083_3942_483178.jpg

gallery_48083_3942_588139.jpg

I also add a layer of plasti-card between the back and backpack

gallery_48083_3942_698536.jpg

I also use the Horned Helmet and add Chaosy Icons to the backpacks to further increase the overall height.

and there ya go, a genetically enhanced super human

gallery_48083_3942_19289.jpg

What's that tabard on the champion's back from?

The cape comes from the Space Marine Commander kit

gallery_48083_3942_817976.jpg

Is the plasticard between the two grips on those bolters necessary or just aesthetic?

It's not necessary, but it does cover a join between two bits

gallery_48083_3942_474042.png

And finally, can we get a close up on that heavy bolter(?) guy?

Yes you may

gallery_48083_4318_519410.jpg

gallery_48083_4318_108103.jpg

gallery_48083_4318_176692.jpg

where do you get the skeleton on the back of your chaos lords backpack from?

I got the skeleton bits from the Warhammer Fantasy Vampire Counts Skeleton Warrior kit

gallery_48083_3942_117844.jpg

Enjoy!

Oh my, so awesome. I love the look of your obliterator, aka Heretek type guy. Grade A+ awesomeness. The white card you are using, "plasticard", where do you buy that, and what's it called in stores? You're a master at using it obviously. Looking for some tips as I start some of my own conversions.

Chaos done right with all those awesome conversions.

Megalodon

Thank you

Oh my, so awesome. I love the look of your obliterator, aka Heretek type guy. Grade A+ awesomeness. The white card you are using, "plasticard", where do you buy that, and what's it called in stores? You're a master at using it obviously. Looking for some tips as I start some of my own conversions.

Chaos done right with all those awesome conversions.

Gracias,

Plasti-card is a Brit term we've grown accustomed to from way back in the day when White Dwarf would print articles about how to make conversions. The easiest way to find it in the States or online is to look for - Polystyrene (who wants to call it that?). There are two companies that make a wide range of widths, thinknesses, and lengths. Evergreen Scale Models and Plastruct. There are several places you can get it online:

Evergreen Scale Models - HERE

Plastruct Inc. - HERE

Tower Hobbies - HERE

I'm sure if you looked around you could find more. And some hobby/craft shops carry it, I'm lucky there's a craft shop right down the street from me that carries it.

As far as being a master, woah, Thanks. I'm actually just now getting into using it. A whole lot of trial and error going on here. Trying to broaden my skill set. But Thank you.

I LOVE your conversions, with all the authentic bits on the heavy weapons, like the flamer and the heavy bolter. Awesomeness! As I said before, all of them are unique. Thanks for sharing your boot-sole conversion with us ;)

Thank you

Too easy. If I’m not mistaken I think I ripped the boot sole idea from my buddy Dan the Daemon. you can visit his thread of Awesomness here at => Night Lords 18th Grand Company<=

Excellent job, i love how you made them taller, it works better than any other method ive seen

Thank you,

I don’t know if my idea works better, I certainly think it’s the easiest (that’s why my lazy ar$e is doing it).

wow, thanks for such an in depth response!

Now sit back and watch as hundreds of people shamelessly steal your ideas.

Except me, I'll ask: May I please shamelessly rip off these ideas of yours?

You’re welcome, and my pleasure.

steal away, isn’t that what friends are for?

Well, they do say imation is the sincerest form of flattery...

Trust me, with me – Flattery will get you anywhere, Flattery away.

I'll probably "borrow" the ideas on increasing height.

By all means. And you can rest easy knowing that I won’t ask for it back.

How is that apostle coming?

Sslllooooooooooowwwwwww.

I have a rare combination of:

• ADHD - where I’m easily distracted from one project to the other
  • And Obsessive Compulsive Disorder– where I have to go back and redo stuff (that should be done) until I think it’s perfect.

Sitting on my shelves I have:

• The Dark Apostle
  • The Obliterator
  • My second Squad of ten Chaos Space Marines. They used to be assembled models, now they’re not (preparing to undergo genetic enhancement, or just making them taller, adding all of the basic WYSIWYG wargear, and various bionics).
  • A Squad of ten Chosen. Once again, they also used to be whole, now they’re not (same as above).
  • A Squad of four Terminator Champions. One is 90%, the other three are at about 50%.
  • A Squad of six Terminators. They sit at about 75% completely assembled.
  • A Squad of ten Berzerkers. They’re at around 80% complete.
  • Two Land Raiders. The hulls have been assembled, but they still await the proper warp guided chaosy thouch (but I've got tons of ideas).
  • and I've commited to help a friend with one of his ideas.

I have vowed not to start any other projects until all of these are 100% completely assembled.

Archived