= 1,000 Chapter Gallery Project =

Philip S

Anyway my question is are the Shining Sons listed on the 1,000 chapters anywhere? Cos I cain't find 'em :lol:

Not yet. Do you have a copy of your chapter with a symbol? Do you have a link to your IA?

So uh, apparently I never posted an IA either :yes: (or it got removed. Yeah, that's the ticket :lol: )

I'll get it re-written (I have notes somewhere) and submit it. I have the chapter symbol, is it able to be imported into the painter somehow?

Cheers,

Viperion

@ Terminatorinhell - The image is not showing up in your post. Do you have a chapter symbol and IA?

@ Viray - do you have a copy of the marine with the chapter symbol and bolter? (edit - found bolter version in their IA)

@ Viperion - let me know when you repost it. The chapter symbol has to be applied in a painter program.

Philip

'Hounds of the Hunt' and 'Knights of Shadowfury' have been added to the new gallery.

@ Madwolf Shadowmane - I took the liberty of creating a v5 painter image with a bolter (in red), let me know if this guess is correct?

Philip

@ Viray - do you have a copy of the marine with the chapter symbol and bolter? (edit - found bolter version in their IA)

Do you still need the Chapter symbol? In truth, I'm actually still deciding what I want to do with their heraldry. I really want to make it an eight pointed sun, as a reference to the Filipino flag, but a triangle is simple and is an implication of strength and has ties in Eskrima. Still at a loss on what to do though.

Edited by Viray

Do you still need the Chapter symbol?

Yes.

In truth, I'm actually still deciding what I want to do with their heraldry. I really want to make it an eight pointed sun, as a reference to the Filipino flag, but a triangle is simple and is an implication of strength and has ties in Eskrima. Still at a loss on what to do though.

How about the eight pointed sun for the chapter symbol (like the chaos eight pointed star?) and the triangle so other marking? Their Devastator Insignia could be a triangle - seems appropriate for 'strength'

There's no hurry as I still have a ways to go on the converting (I'm up to 545 so far...), and I can slip your chapter in at the end or any time thereafter. Let me know when you have made up your mind and I'll add them B)

Philip

Do you still need the Chapter symbol?

Yes.

In truth, I'm actually still deciding what I want to do with their heraldry. I really want to make it an eight pointed sun, as a reference to the Filipino flag, but a triangle is simple and is an implication of strength and has ties in Eskrima. Still at a loss on what to do though.

How about the eight pointed sun for the chapter symbol (like the chaos eight pointed star?) and the triangle so other marking? Their Devastator Insignia could be a triangle - seems appropriate for 'strength'

There's no hurry as I still have a ways to go on the converting (I'm up to 545 so far...), and I can slip your chapter in at the end or any time thereafter. Let me know when you have made up your mind and I'll add them :HQ:

Philip

Alright, thanks for the heads up.

Conversion complete - 757 chapters (finished up watching the election results!).

Added a few that had been lost, a few official ones that have no colour scheme (plain white place-holder image) along with a few official ones with fan made colour schemes (marked with an asterisk).

Philip

Edited by Philip S

Cool!

You certainly are keeping busy.

I couldnt help notice that a few of the most prominent DIY Chapters out there are missing a link to more info:

Fiery Lions

Fighting Tigers (of Veda)

Oh, and I also think you missed these Aquamarines

There is also an "Angels of the Lion", created by ==Me==, here on the B&C, but his site is currently down.

I hate to say it but that may be 756... you've got Angels of Fire twice, right next to each other! Otherwise, very cool idea! Edited by Strike Captain Lysimachus

I hate to say it but that may be 756... you've got Angels of Fire twice, right next to each other! Otherwise, very cool idea!

Nice catch!

All sorted (this new gallery is much quicker to sort out than the old one)

Philip

@ Terminatorinhell - it the symbol and upside-down trident? Do you have an IA for this chapter or painting blog?

Update: I've added in a few missing official chapters, and around 70 'blanks' for official canon chapters which do not have a colour scheme (all harvested from the Lexicanum). I noticed that some official chapters without colour schemes are listed in the gallery with a fan made colour scheme - in these cases I've added an asterisk (seems a same to waste them!)

Now there are 832 chapters listed.

Later I'll harvest the chapters from the Iron Gauntlet 2010 challenge.

Philip

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, hopefully this time I can get in on this. My IA link is: Index Astartes: Doom Guardand it includes an image of my Chapter Badge (just without the white background).

Here is a picture of one of my marines with a bolter, as requested:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/sm/bpe=B50B0B&bpj=B50B0B&bp=B50B0B&bpc=B50B0B&hdt=000000&hdm=000000&hdl=000000&ey=B50B0B&er=9C9C9C&pi=9C9C9C&nk=000000&ch=000000&eg=EFB736&sk=EFB736&abs=000000&bt=000000&cod=000000&ull=000000&lk=000000&lll=000000&lft=000000&url=000000&rk=000000&lrl=000000&rft=000000&slt=EFB736&sli=B50B0B&srt=EFB736&sri=B50B0B&ula=000000&lel=000000&lla=000000&lw=EFB736&lh=EFB736&ura=000000&rel=000000&rla=000000&rw=EFB736&rh=EFB736&bg=FFFFFF&rb=000000&gr=9C9C9C&wg=true&aq=true&lightshade=true&ti=FFFFFF&lkg2=FFFFFF&blt=D60000&/spacemarine.jpg

It seems that you are capable of putting the Badge on shoulder pads (I am not, I've tried), so I humbly request that you assist me in that respect.

If there is anything else, be sure to tell me.

@ The Normish - You're welcome.

@ Heru Talon - Do you have an IA to go with that? All those without IA are lined up for the chop when we hit 1000.

@ Ikka - I need a V5 version, with bolter, and chapter symbol.

@ Madwolf Shadowmane - I'm glad you liked it.

Philip

I posted my entry on page 9 but it's not on the list :)

Your images have disappeared.

I need a v5 version, with bolter, and chapter badge.

@ Viray - Here's a modified copy of your scheme.

gallery_25512_4096_56143.jpg

Is this what you had in mind?

I've added it to the gallery (page 4) - let me know if it's OK?

Philip

Edited by Philip S

Ah, you posted it up here too? Well, then I'll use a slightly altered pattern of praise from the PM to keep myself from being too repetitive. ^_^

That is quite undeniably quite awesome. I'm rather curious on how you managed to attatch the Chapter symbol so neatly? Photoshop? 'Cause there is no way that one can pull that off in Paint.

Still, though it seems rather pointless now, I did have another graphic I intended to use so as to be a little more subtle with the heraldry (just a little). I already sent the link to said symbol in the PM. Also, like I mentioned in the PM, if it is too much hassle to change the symbol, then whatever. It still looks fantastic anyway.

Wow, that still ended up being rather repetitive.

Anyway, all that aside, great work. I really wish I had as much drive as you to finish the projects I start. ^_^

Yep. All done in Photoshop ('liquify tool')

A white star may be a bit flat/bland?

gallery_25512_4096_14732.jpg

I prefer the yellow, but it's your Chapter!

Philip

Edited by Philip S