= 1,000 Chapter Gallery Project =

Philip S

Ah right ok, they are on the list at any rate.

And phil i'm gonna be working with Cam on a few of his, once we get those sorted it should be ready for you, but i'll PM you when thats done and we can discuss where we are going from there :P

Edited by Dazzo

And phil i'm gonna be working with Cam on a few of his, once we get those sorted it should be ready for you, but i'll PM you when thats done and we can discuss where we are going from there :)

This is excellent news!

Question: Do you have a text list of all the chapters you are using, or lists for each image? I would like to add name list to the thumbnails, so that when you hover all the chapter name pop up, and it will also make it searchable - so the visual index is a result returned by the search. If you do not, no worries I'll add them in by hand.

Philip

My chapter is the Nephilim and their splinter renegade faction, the Soul Scourers.

For background, fluff and nonsense see their entry in the Blood Angels area, they are a successor chapter founded during the age of Apostasy. After their home system was ravaged by their civil war, they chased the surviving renegades across space and all records of them were lost to all but the most learned members of the Blood Angels, the Adeptus Mechanicus and the Inquisition. They were considered to have been either wiped out by their Traitor Brethren or, like them, succumbed to the martial temptations of Khorne. Neither was the case.

After extensive Inquisition and rigorous Gene Seed analysis (not to mention proving their purity and devotion to the Imperium on the battlefield) the Nephilim have returned to the fold of the Emperor's glorious galaxy and regained control of their Homeworld from the Sisters of Battle.

Their colours are black, red, white and Gold. Their Chapter symbol is that of the Blood Angels, turned upside-down, but with the blood drop replaced with a tear. Those who have fought alongside their parent chapter and performed a pilgrimage to Sanguinius' shrine (a very few) turn their wings the other way, but the tear remains.

Edited by Florentine Pogen

Oh gods. This is going to be another one of those awesome scattered resources....

The internet's 40k resources need to Voltron together into an ultimate thing of infinite awesome.

Philip S's page, The B&C Librarium, the B&C Ultramarines forum's Sticky section, Lexicanum, this Chapter compilation, etc etc.... to have it all in one place and properly cross referenced and linked would be mind bogglingly useful......

Oh gods. This is going to be another one of those awesome scattered resources....

The internet's 40k resources need to Voltron together into an ultimate thing of infinite awesome.

Philip S's page, The B&C Librarium, the B&C Ultramarines forum's Sticky section, Lexicanum, this Chapter compilation, etc etc.... to have it all in one place and properly cross referenced and linked would be mind bogglingly useful......

...You've given me a radical idea...

to have it all in one place and properly cross referenced and linked would be mind bogglingly useful......

That's kinda the whole point of my 'Visual Index' it will showcase all the chapter colours, and to have all the marines in the galleries link to the chapters IA. I'll pick the best of the IAs available.

This means all the best information for any source can be linked to via the Visual Index, where possible it will be a B+C IA.

In the case of missing IAs, there will be a request for links, and asking fans to pitch in.

The very first gallery (top left) of my Visual Index page is currently a prototype with links to IA and request page - all the rest merely images.

Philip

Edited by Philip S

I'm hoping to see updates to the existing images before too much work goes into making each Marine scheme bring up info. Ie so it doesn't get to the point where it would be too much work to update the existing images.

I am sorry ... did I mention I am going to have to take the painters down ... they are consuming too much bandwidth ..

Hello - which bit is consuming the bandwidth?

Would it be possible to keep the painter but modify it to save the created image to a file to be hosted externally on a member's own photobucket account?

Would that help?

Philip

Indeed it was humour ... however over 10,000 images are generated per week using the painter ... over half a million a year!

I dislike you with great intensity. :wub:

Still that's a major amount of paintings every year. I'd probably account to only 200 of those.

Cambrius

Indeed it was humour ...

You're a funny man... *steely eye stare*

:)

however over 10,000 images are generated per week using the painter ... over half a million a year!

See - it phrases like this that makes me worry. If there is even a slight possibility of a problem we should come up with a future solution now - perhaps the mod the new generator so that it produce images that can only be downloaded and then the member uploads them to their photobucket account for posting. The old generator can still run, and all the images that use it still maintained - but new stuff would all be download only.

?

Philip