= 1,000 Chapter Gallery Project =

Philip S

Dazzo's purpose was never to get only Chapter with IAs. Besides I doubt there is even 1000 complete IAs in existence...

Fair enough, when the 1000 are ready and I sort it all out; any chapters with missing IAs will link to a forum thread to try track down IA or invite fans to write one up.

- nice falcons icon BTW :D

I am doing a database but that is also in its infancy.

Interesting...

However info on the Angels Puriel(now Pyriel) can be found Here

Thanks - added to prototype page.

I say dont worry about it phil, just link the images with the info available and we can sort out the rest later.

I think you are right. I'll set up a thread, blog post, or info page when we have the 1000.

Perhaps a simple notice page within the popup with links and a back button?

Philip

Are you still adding Chapters? If so, then I'd like to offer my Amethyst Askari.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/sm/bpe=9857AD&bpj=B595BF&bp=9857AD&bpc=9965AB&hdt=9965AB&hdm=9857AD&hdl=B595BF&ey=E9F719&er=9857AD&pi=B595BF&nk=B595BF&ch=9965AB&eg=E9F719&sk=E9F719&abs=A682B3&bt=9965AB&cod=9E71AD&ull=9965AB&lk=914AA8&lll=9965AB&lft=914AA8&url=9965AB&rk=914AA8&lrl=9965AB&rft=914AA8&slt=B595BF&sli=9965AB&srt=BB9FC4&sri=9965AB&ula=9965AB&lel=B595BF&lla=9965AB&lw=B595BF&lh=B595BF&ura=9965AB&rel=B595BF&rla=9965AB&rw=B595BF&rh=B595BF&bg=FFFFFF&rb=B595BF&gr=FFFFFF&wg=true&hs=FAF602&aq=true&lightshade=true&chps=CC0000&imperialfistpad=true&lkg3=EFFF0F&rkg1=EFFF0F&blt=000000&/spacemarine.jpg

Edited by Askari

Quick update: The first popup gallery has links to IA. If the chapter has an IA the marine and the name are clickable and will take you to the IA in a new window (or tab). If the chapter does not have an IA the marine is not clickable but the name is (so it's easy to tell the difference while browsing). If you click the name of a chapter without an IA you will see the MIA (Missing Index Astartes) page in the popup, with some links to this forum, and a 'back link' to the page before.

The MIA page allows me to centralise (easy to update) all the missing IA chapter links, and direct viewer here.

Easy to follow?

Philip

Are you still adding Chapters? If so, then I'd like to offer my Amethyst Askari

Before I add them can I just ask, is the right pad supposed to be blank?

Funny enough, i dont see it either

I see it, yay.

The MIA page allows me to centralise (easy to update) all the missing IA chapter links, and direct viewer here.

Easy to follow?

Very easy, and it works very well ;)

Easy to follow?

Very easy, and it works very well :)

Excellent.

I was wondering that I may revise my insistence on 1000 chapters before updating. The reason being is that this could be a good promotional tool for the final push if we are coming up short. If there are not enough chapters the visual index may encourage people to make new chapters and sign up to B+C. What do you think?

How many chapters do you have now and are they 'set'?

If we have 700-800 then I could update it 'as is' and new chapters that come later can be tacked onto the end rather than redoing the whole index. This means that as they come in bit by bit, we only have to update one gallery image.

?

Philip

The pop up gallery's great work Philip!

Thanks mate :)

I'll start providing links to some of my guys soon. Although some will be very small and I don't know where to upload the info on them since I don't want to Spam up the boards.

How about setting up a B+C blog, and I can link to that. A few members already have their chapters on a blog. It kinda isolates them from the forum traffic, but they are still easy to find and comment on by members (and you can link to them in your sig).

Philip

Chello!

Well, i sent my info for my DIY to Dazzo. If a link is needed, here's my thread. Please note that it is a "work in progress." I need to get cracking on it again, as I have ideas in my noggin, but not much on paper.

Blood Cross Marines: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...p;#entry1908526

If we have 700-800 then I could update it 'as is' and new chapters that come later can be tacked onto the end rather than redoing the whole index. This means that as they come in bit by bit, we only have to update one gallery image.

Right the way I do it is I group chapters into 20, each group ideally, if not in strict alphabetical order, is composed of all A's, and B's ect except where I dont have enough of one letter the you get AB,CD,EF ect. Now these groups are transitionary in that I am always trying to get them to be either all A's or all B's.

Also I seek to replace the less worthy chapters (and there are some crap ones) with better ones, I also try to replace those that I have come up with, with chapters others have created. This means even those groups that are of all one letter are also apt to change over time as the brutal process of natural selection takes place.

Also I change the macro groups eg first 400 is such a group, if I add a new A group that will push out a group further down the order, this then gets transfered over to the next 400.

So in conclusion tacking new groups on the end might not work phil B)

Unless ive misunderstood what you meant in which case ignore the above :rolleyes:

Any chance of adding the DIY chapter I have just started to work on

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/sm/bpe=000000&bpj=000000&bp=0AE8FC&bpc=0AE8FC&hdt=0AE8FC&hdm=0AE8FC&hdl=000000&ey=FC0511&er=0AE8FC?=DBD9D9&nk=000000&ch=000000&eg=DBD9D9&sk=DBD9D9&abs=000000&bt=0AE8FC&cod=000000&ull=0AE8FC&lk=000000&lll=0AE8FC&lft=000000&url=0AE8FC&rk=000000&lrl=0AE8FC&rft=000000&slt=0AE8FC&sli=000000&srt=0AE8FC&sri=000000&ula=0AE8FC&lel=000000&lla=0AE8FC&lw=000000&lh=000000&ura=0AE8FC&rel=000000&rla=0AE8FC&rw=000000&rh=000000&bg=FFFFFF&rb=DBD9D9&gr=DBD9D9&wg=true&hsk=true&aq=true&dm3=true&chps=CC0000&imperialfistpad=true&slips=CC0000&ti=FFFFFF&lkg1=FFFFFF&blt=FC0000&/spacemarine.jpg

I present The Hate Bringers

Edited by Grandmaster damion

Good works, Dazzo and Mr. Sibbering!

Absolutely a great and worthy project. I have considered (like a madman) painting up hundreds of marine schemes for a giant convention display. This might get me motivated for such an undertaking.

And it's cool and flattering that my scheme for The Dark Brotherhood is now semi-official :D Nice job on the chapter symbol.

So in conclusion tacking new groups on the end might not work phil :)

Oh...

...damn.

How about you finish up what you have, get them presentable, and I'll use what you have for a inbetween update?

700 or 800 good chapters will do.

This will allow me to sort out the clickable marines, and get it all working. Which in turn may get some more people to fill in the last 200-300 chapters.

Philip

Any chance of adding the DIY chapter I have just started to work on

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/sm/bpe=000000&bpj=000000&bp=0AE8FC&bpc=0AE8FC&hdt=0AE8FC&hdm=0AE8FC&hdl=000000&ey=FC0511&er=0AE8FC?=DBD9D9&nk=000000&ch=000000&eg=DBD9D9&sk=DBD9D9&abs=000000&bt=0AE8FC&cod=000000&ull=0AE8FC&lk=000000&lll=0AE8FC&lft=000000&url=0AE8FC&rk=000000&lrl=0AE8FC&rft=000000&slt=0AE8FC&sli=000000&srt=0AE8FC&sri=000000&ula=0AE8FC&lel=000000&lla=0AE8FC&lw=000000&lh=000000&ura=0AE8FC&rel=000000&rla=0AE8FC&rw=000000&rh=000000&bg=FFFFFF&rb=DBD9D9&gr=DBD9D9&wg=true&hsk=true&aq=true&dm3=true&chps=CC0000&imperialfistpad=true&slips=CC0000&ti=FFFFFF&lkg1=FFFFFF&blt=FC0000&/spacemarine.jpg

I present The Hate Bringers

that scheme seems familiar....

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-YQPQFL36.jpg

and here @ upper part:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d109/Spacefrisian/Spellekijn/IMG_2990.jpg

a friend of mine uses it :)

How about you finish up what you have, get them presentable, and I'll use what you have for a inbetween update?

Im working on that now mate, that first one you did is pretty much set in stone, I'll work through the rest and try to get them to that stage as fast as I can. That may reduce the number of chapters though as I weed out the naff stuff, but it will mean what is left is all good solid stuff.

Im working on that now mate, that first one you did is pretty much set in stone

Thanks for the heads up on that.

I'll work through the rest and try to get them to that stage as fast as I can.

Brilliant - thanks Dazzo; you're a star!

That may reduce the number of chapters though as I weed out the naff stuff, but it will mean what is left is all good solid stuff.

Sounds good to me.

Request: Is it possible to rename the gallery images to something a little more user friendly? I named pic after the first chapter on each image i.e. "gallery_Angels_of_Vigilance.jpg" (or .png in your case), and add "tn" for thumbnail to give "tn_gallery_Angels_of_Vigilance.jpg".

Or really shorten it to 'g_A.png', 'g_AB.png' etc.

I'm not sure the B+C renames the images?

Philip

I have named them A1, AB, B1, C1 ect not sure how you change how the B&C itself names stuff so i'm afraid that is out of my hands ;)

Can you send them to me direct? Or are they too big to mail? Do you have storage like 'skydrive' or photobucket where I could grab them?

If not - not worries :) I shall rename them!

Philip

I will be putting up a chapter on saturday and putting a link to it on this page aswell, i just not sure how you lot get the coding to make your stuff actually look like an IA plus to get the pictures of my designed chapter.

Im working on that now mate, that first one you did is pretty much set in stone

Apart from updates to the Falcon Knights, Falcon Brothers (colourscheme updates), Iron Raptors (to fix quality), Red Ravens and Red Scars images (to fix clipping).

Edited by Heru Talon

Update: First popup (the prototype with links) now has title attributes, so that when you hover over a marine or name, a little tool tip pops up with the status of that chapter: whether it is official or fan, has an IA or not, and where the IA is located.

Philip

*Facepalm*

Did a test model back in 2002 but put them on the back burner and only recently returned to them when I found my test model in a draw while looking for Dark Angel bits.

Guess they are not as unique as I first thought :P

lol xD

my friend works at the Amsterdam GW btw :D

If not - not worries I shall rename them!

I have an imageshack account, is that similar to those other things?

And we are officially at 660 with another 90 chapters waiting in the wings so thats 750 in all

If not - not worries I shall rename them!

I have an imageshack account, is that similar to those other things?

Image shack would be fine. When you are done, send me a link and I'll download them from there.

And we are officially at 660 with another 90 chapters waiting in the wings so thats 750 in all

Sounds good, I think 750 is a nice number and leaves 250 for fans to fill.

Philip