= 1,000 Chapter Project: post links here for MIA Chapters =

Philip S

@ XKhalilX - do you have a chapter symbol?

@ Chaptermaster Graymantle - I'll change the thumbnails once a few more updates have been applied :)

@ War Angel - changed (you may have to refresh the frame to see it).

Philip

• 2 weeks later...

@ The Normish - The Doom Guard are not on the list, please post it in the submissions thread (first post) so it can be added with a later update.

@Ecritter - link added.

Philip

• 1 month later...

The new gallery is super cool!

I cant wait to see even more Chapters added.

On a side-note though: Shouldn't Ultramarine be called Ultramarines?

I am just starting a gallery project at work, though that will incorporate approximately 15 000 images. - Argh! ;)

For that project I will be looking at different gallery solutions and what you found and used may be a place for me to start as well.

Anyway, keep on doing your excellent work! ;)

Edited by Chaptermaster Graymantle

On a side-note though: Shouldn't Ultramarine be called Ultramarines?

Yes it should. Nice catch. Corrected.

That was much easier to correct than the old gallery :D

I am just starting a gallery project at work, though that will incorporate approximately 15 000 images. - Argh! :P

For that project I will be looking at different gallery solutions and what you found and used may be a place for me to start as well.

Anyway, keep on doing your excellent work! :lol:

15,000? That's a lot. Aside from the Wordpress plugin I also considered this: http://gallery.menalto.com/. I went with the plugin as it was easier. Either should be able to handle 15,000 images (if your host can!).

@ Hrvat - I'll add the Sons of Amit when I get around to 'S'.

Philip

• 4 weeks later...

Philip,

I've updated the picture on the IA with a larger picture that has a white background.

Thanks for your help. It is much appreciated. Now, to get my chapter's symbol on to my guys.

Philip, sorry to bother you but do you have the actual image that you use for my Blazing Sons in your gallery? I have lost the original copy I had on my computer (read: eaten by digitized chaos daemons) and would like to have it for my current reworking of the Blazing Sons.

I will also post a new link for them once I get a thread up if that's alright with you.

Edited by Grey Hunter Ydalir

@ Grey Hunter Ydalir - No. Most of the original Chapter thumbnails were taken from Dazzo's work. I do not have an original full size version. You could contact him by PM (take a little while as he's off doing stuff).

PM me the link or post it here where you update.

Philip

• 5 weeks later...

I've been updating and tagging the new gallery and there are 228 canon chapters, 133 DIY chapters with IA, and a whopping 511 chapters without an IA (I categorise these as 'MIA' - Missing Index Astartes). These MIA chapters make up half the gallery and seem to exist in name only/ colour scheme. I'm sure Dazzo didn't make them all up, but tracking down the links is tough, they could be anywhere!

Thanks to the tags I can now isolate these MIA chapters into a separate page: 1000 Chapters - MIA

This should make it easier to check through them all.

Any help tracking down these missing IA would be much appreciated!

Philip

Thanks for those.

The Phantoms were removed as Hubernator's request. The others have been updated.

Some of them look like they are Brother Cambrius' brainchild, so you may want to Pm him and ask about IAs. Others I recognise as old, a few years at least. So perhaps a search of the Liber might be useful.

I think I have all his? I'll PM him.

Philip

More specifically it was the Avenging Angels I think may be his.

I found them, I also found the Death Riders while I was looking :D

I'm sure their are hundreds of chapters that have been missed - I can't imagine the whole 40K community has only come up with 140 IA!

Philip

Edited by Philip S

The Aesir Knights, Apocalypse Lords, Blades of Deliverance, Grey Death, Knights of Sieraph (who are now the Knights Seraphic, BTW), and Praefects of Heliophon are all IAs I remember. I'll dig links up for them at some point.

The Crimson Hunters are an official Chapter who are notoriously pro-Inquisition, though I can't remember where I've seen them referenced.

The Aesir Knights, Apocalypse Lords, Blades of Deliverance, Grey Death, Knights of Sieraph (who are now the Knights Seraphic, BTW), and Praefects of Heliophon are all IAs I remember. I'll dig links up for them at some point.

Thanks.

The Crimson Hunters are an official Chapter who are notoriously pro-Inquisition, though I can't remember where I've seen them referenced.

I found a blog for them. Are they DIY, is this fleshing out an undeveloped chapter by GW?

Philip