= 1,000 Chapter Project: post links here for MIA Chapters =

Philip S

Hi Philip, was wondering if you could add My Steel Wings to the list. The IA is still a work in progress, and although I have Chapter symbol, I have no photoshop/GIMP skills whatsoever, so haven't been able to add it to the left shoulder guard :(

:)

@ Shinzaren - do you have a chapter symbol?

@ Aquilanus - Sure, I can add them. Do you have a copy with a plain white background?

Philip

Edited by Philip S

@ Shinzaren - do you have a chapter symbol?

@ Aquilanus - Sure, I can add them. Do you have a copy with a plain white background?

Philip

I'll redo one asap.

Thanks! :)

Edit:

Here it is :P

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/sm/bpe=7D7878&bpj=7D7878&bp=7D7878&bpc=7D7878&hdt=7D7878&hdm=7D7878&hdl=7D7878&ey=2461B5&er=7D7878?=7D7878&nk=7D7878&ch=7D7878&eg=FC0303&sk=FFFFFF&abs=7D7878&bt=7D7878&cod=7D7878&ull=7D7878&lk=7D7878&lll=7D7878&lft=7D7878&url=7D7878&rk=7D7878&lrl=7D7878&rft=7D7878&slt=7D7878&sli=FFFCFC&srt=7D7878&sri=FFFFFF&ula=7D7878&lel=7D7878&lla=7D7878&lw=7D7878&lh=7D7878&ura=7D7878&rel=7D7878&rla=7D7878&rw=7D7878&rh=7D7878&bg=FFFFFF&rb=FFFFFF&gr=FFFFFF&/spacemarine.jpg

Edited by Aquilanus

Very nice - um, with a weapon please! Preferably a bolter.

I notice the original had black soft armour, helmet pipes, chest eagle wings, with red accents in elbow and knees?

Philip

Very nice - um, with a weapon please! Preferably a bolter.

I notice the original had black soft armour, helmet pipes, chest eagle wings, with red accents in elbow and knees?

Philip

I've just tried to redo it using the Painter with the wargear option, but for some reason it won't show the bolter :(

I'll have another go in a minute - it's probably my computer playing up :lol:

Edit:

Computer was playing up (interesting that when threatened with a blunt object, it suddenly started working again <_< )

This is the new image:

gallery_51296_5005_2621.jpg

It is different to the original one, and will be the final Colour scheme. The IA will be adjusted accordingly.

Thanks again! ^_^

Edited by Aquilanus

Thanks.

gallery_25512_4096_31724.jpg

?

If it's OK, I'll add them to the gallery.

Philip

Awesome!

Thank you! ;)

(I really need to spend sometime with GIMP and work out how to do such things myself :huh: )

I'd like to be a part of this as well! IA is in progress, but here is an image of a marine with power sword (I would've gone with a bolter but this seemed more appropriate).

Cheers!

Chapter Name: The Order of the Sword

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/431/ootsmarine.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

i would like to start writing an IA for the Scythes of Baal which is a chapter that was on your website IA to follow shortly

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/smsbeta...&blt=A82014

sorry still cant figure out how to get the marine on here and not the link

Edited by recon0321

• 2 weeks later...
i would like to start writing an IA for the Scythes of Baal which is a chapter that was on your website IA to follow shortly

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/smsbeta...&blt=A82014

sorry still cant figure out how to get the marine on here and not the link

Get the URL for the image (click the 'URL for image' link and then copy and paste the new address) > then use image tags;

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/sm/bpe=001522&bpj=001522&bp=001522&bpc=001522&hdt=A82014&hdm=A82014&hdl=A82014&ey=244882&er=A82014&pi=001522&nk=A82014&ch=A82014&eg=001522&sk=EFB736&abs=A82014&bt=001522&cod=001522&ull=A82014&lk=001522&lll=001522&lft=001522&url=A82014&rk=001522&lrl=001522&rft=001522&slt=001522&sli=A82014&srt=001522&sri=A82014&ula=001522&lel=001522&lla=001522&lw=001522&lh=001522&ura=001522&rel=001522&rla=001522&rw=001522&rh=001522&bg=FFFFFF&rb=001522&gr=001522&wg=true&be=244882&dm1=true&lightshade=true&loin=EED5AC&slips=CC0000&ti=FFFFFF&rkg5=FFFFFF&blt=A82014&/spacemarine.jpg

You can tell you have the right URL because it will end with: /spacemarine.jpg

You are welcome to have a crack at the Scythes of Baal, but be warned that they may actually belong to someone else who is still actively working on them. A lot of links are missing, but all the chapters came from somewhere (Dazzo collected up loads from all over the net), and so I am not 100% sure it is 'free'. If you create an IA I will link to it - but if the original owner turns up to claim them: then I will link to their IA instead (and there will be no link to your version at all).

Philip

Long time lurker (short time poster) here - I'm curious about the problem of duplicate Chapters, especially ones with no apparent IA. I have a take on a Chapter called the Obsidian Tears which I've been using in my gaming circle for years, but upon checking out this gallery, discovered that there's a MIA Chapter with the same name. My under-construction IA is here.

It would be awesome to see my Obsidian Tears make it into the DIY gallery, but I don't want to step on anyone's toes. Any ideas?

Long time lurker (short time poster) here - I'm curious about the problem of duplicate Chapters, especially ones with no apparent IA. I have a take on a Chapter called the Obsidian Tears which I've been using in my gaming circle for years, but upon checking out this gallery, discovered that there's a MIA Chapter with the same name. My under-construction IA is here.

It would be awesome to see my Obsidian Tears make it into the DIY gallery, but I don't want to step on anyone's toes. Any ideas?

There only person who may know Dazzo - I'll ask him.

Where possible I will use one with an IA, and if the current owner of the MIA cannot be found yours will replace it.

I do like the single black tear on the current theme (very apt), have you considered something similar?

Philip

Where possible I will use one with an IA, and if the current owner of the MIA cannot be found yours will replace it.

I do like the single black tear on the current theme (very apt), have you considered something similar?

Philip

The single tear is indeed apt - but a bit too late to change my army now (in terms of miniatures, and obviously I'd want this scheme to reflect the minis). Besides, it sort of screams "Blood Angels successor" or similar, which is something I'd like to avoid. Anyway I'm sure the creator of those Obsidian Tears would be annoyed if I stole the logo as well as sharing the name!

If it's decided that the other version deserves the spot, then so be it.

EDIT: The alternative is I come up with another name, which I'm willing to attempt, but that's where it gets difficult :)

Edited by Neisseria

Philip

The single tear is indeed apt - but a bit too late to change my army now (in terms of miniatures, and obviously I'd want this scheme to reflect the minis). Besides, it sort of screams "Blood Angels successor" or similar, which is something I'd like to avoid. Anyway I'm sure the creator of those Obsidian Tears would be annoyed if I stole the logo as well as sharing the name!

If it's decided that the other version deserves the spot, then so be it.

EDIT: The alternative is I come up with another name, which I'm willing to attempt, but that's where it gets difficult ;)

Dazzo thinks they are on 40Konline somewhere - he is unsure of their status.

If you want your chapter included right away - change the name.

If you can handle being in limbo for a while, and a possible 'no' after that wait, then hang on while I try and track it down. I'm a bit busy at the mo sorting out the update (if you can find it for me on 40K online that would be great - but I can understand that's a bit like shooting yourself in the foot...)

But if seems another version does exist.

*headache*

;)

Philip

Edited by Philip S

Dazzo thinks they are on 40Konline somewhere - he is unsure of their status.

If you want your chapter included right away - change the name.

If you can handle being in limbo for a while, and a possible 'no' after that wait, then hang on while I try and track it down. I'm a bit busy at the mo sorting out the update (if you can find it for me on 40K online that would be great - but I can understand that's a bit like shooting yourself in the foot...)

But if seems another version does exist.

*headache*

Philip

No worries. I'll have a look around 40k Online - if I was the other owner of the Obsidian Tears then I'd want someone to do the same for me!

Looks like a name change is in order for my guys. I'll let you know when I decide on a new name - sounds like you've got enough on your plate without worrying about conflicting names.

No luck on 40kOnline, but I've tracked down someone on the DakkaDakka forums who lays claim to an Obsidian Tears chapter here. Could this be the owner? I would PM him but for some reason DakkaDakka is being really slow or it doesn't like my connection.

Having trouble coming up with an alternate name that keeps the imagery I was going for, so if you do get in touch with this guy AND it is his chapter AND he's abandoned them (that's a lot of "ands"!) then let me know so I can keep the name! If not then hopefully he'll at least provide you with some background for them.

Phillip can you add my Chapter. my icon is the Ravenwing icon, i have not figured out how to put it on the pic. If you know how please pm me on doing so or just do it yourself.

Angels of the Storm

http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu168/Khaine_01/spacemarine.jpg

Edited by Master Gabriel Macleod

No luck on 40kOnline, but I've tracked down someone on the DakkaDakka forums who lays claim to an Obsidian Tears chapter here. Could this be the owner? I would PM him but for some reason DakkaDakka is being really slow or it doesn't like my connection.

Having trouble coming up with an alternate name that keeps the imagery I was going for, so if you do get in touch with this guy AND it is his chapter AND he's abandoned them (that's a lot of "ands"!) then let me know so I can keep the name! If not then hopefully he'll at least provide you with some background for them.

Just to chip in here on this point because it is a personal campaign of mine. It doesn't matter if another person has a chapter with the same name as yours - there is no such thing as laying claim to a chapter name. You've made your history about this chapter and they are just that, your chapter. I could sit down now and pen a chapter with the same name and I wouldn't be challenging your chapter. Unless you really really want to get into this list, there is no point in changing the name of your chapter. This list isn't the list of Space Marine chapters, it isn't like when it is full I am going to have to turn people away from the Liber and tell them they need to pick one of these names for their chapters and history.

For DIY chapters, there is no such thing as copyright and claiming names/colourschemes/background :)

Just to chip in here on this point because it is a personal campaign of mine. It doesn't matter if another person has a chapter with the same name as yours - there is no such thing as laying claim to a chapter name. You've made your history about this chapter and they are just that, your chapter. I could sit down now and pen a chapter with the same name and I wouldn't be challenging your chapter. Unless you really really want to get into this list, there is no point in changing the name of your chapter. This list isn't the list of Space Marine chapters, it isn't like when it is full I am going to have to turn people away from the Liber and tell them they need to pick one of these names for their chapters and history.

For DIY chapters, there is no such thing as copyright and claiming names/colourschemes/background :)

Yeah, good point. I come from a roleplaying game background where I'm used to everyone having their own version of "the world" and obviously each one is different, even if they contain things that have the same or similar names. However, I've never seen an almighty list of Chapters like this one, so it would be a great shame to miss out just because someone else had put the name out there first. While I'm not going to change my Chapter's name to something I don't feel fits, and obviously I'll keep the name if I can't decide on anything better, I still feel it would be best to explore alternative options... Because I do really want to be on this list, even if I can't quite explain why!

One other point is that the word "Tears" in my Chapter name has never sat perfectly with me, but I'm yet to think of anything with the same emotional resonance. I'm almost using this as an excuse to force myself to come up with a different name. Every single word I come up with is either taken (on the list) or doesn't roll off the tongue as nicely. I need something I can see myself using in the long term, while at the same time, I want it to be unique but "Space-Mariney" and still fit the army's themes.

If anyone is reading this and wants to help me come up with an alternate name, my [soon-to-be-revised-as-per-people's-comments] IA article is here - go nuts!