More Tales from the Fang

Warhorse47

This section of the forum is why I come here, and have decided to avoid almost any other section, lol. Space Wolves get Space Wolves. Everyone else just seem to not get the paradigm that we hold, pity really.

This thread, and the great writing, are exactly what I'm talking about. When I first posted here saying I was going Space Wolves, people said, once you play them, you just know. Ain't that the truth, thanks for the great writing, looking forward to MOAR!

Kudos to 'Horse and Firenze. I am new to the fang coming from another assault oriented chapter but I knew I ha a home in the fang when I read about TWC. Having read your tales I am now a full convert. Your tale telling skills are awesome, and that's from an Irishman ;-) Keep up the good work as I am completely addicted.

P.S. I read the lot in the last 2 hours and forwarded the links to the Long Fang that brought me over.

P.P.S. Puca Dubh is Black Ghost in Irish if you need another character ;-)

Rum suits SW and the descriptions for Púca work nice too. Crack pots & the asylum for SW ... there really isn't anything I can challenge!

Guess one TW has to be Harvey and another Wilson then :D

Sorry Jonas & Schert,

after last nights epic win vs club master and his nids Harvey and Wilson are now christened.

Started with 5 TWC and my new list vs a Nid swarm for 5 objectives (he suggested I surrender when we rolled an objectives game and he diced a 6!). Lost a few GHs, both Lone Wolves went down fighting MCs and 2 TWCs were chasing the remaining few Nids by turn 6. Harvey and Wilson rock and they like to eat Nids :-)

I love the Fang.

Most definitely did not fail to kill, :D , and currently enjoying said ale ;)

Models arrived from US at 17:00 GMT Tuesday . Got home at 23:00 GMT Tuesday from overtime. 5x resin wolves cleaned up and glued by 01:30 GMT Wednesday. Back in work 07:30 GMT Wednesday. Thunderwolves unpainted (oh the shame) but slaughtering stuff by 18:00 GMT Wednesday straight after work (oh less shame).

Painting time booked tomorrow and next weekend and will get pics up asap.

Don't get your hopes up too much but I will try to do them justice, not the best painter in the world for sure :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
As another Rhino lay burning next to their position, Vassakov and his Claws moved quickly to get out of the direct fire of the Tau Hammerhead's railgun. "We need to hook up with the others. If these blasted xenos get around our flank, they will catch the others unprepared." Schertenlieb spoke up "I think we've got their ground troops coming around by that building." "Good spotting, get ready, they are trying to ambush us, stand by...." As the beak faced warriors burst from hiding they were not prepared for the counter charge of the Wolves. Even though outnumbered two to one, the Wolves' superior skill and training made the ambush into a slaughter, leaving only a few of the Kroot alive for a fleeting few moments as they quickly fell to the swords and axes of the Marines. The unit suddenly came under fire from the flying discs that had been swooping around all day. Managing to bring two of them down, but still feeling the impact from their guns, the pack was split again, despite trying to regroup. Suddenly dropping from above, one of the Tau Crisis Suits opened fire on the part of his pack that hadn't made it to cover yet. Feeling the rage of Fenris itself rising in his veins, Vassakov charged the great machine.......

Vassakov watched in horror as the plasma cannon leveled on one of his men. Hurling himself bodily into the arm of the xenos machine, he felt the blast of superheated air blister his skin and set his hair and beard ablaze. The deadly beam barely missing his brother, Vassakov now clambered up the arm and as a true wolf would, went for the throat. His own armor sliding against the towering machine, he finally managed to grab the head and then kick out the sensors. Blinded, the pilot now tried to grab the threat that now was endangering him. Dodging the blows of the flailing arms, Vassakov drove his power sword into the throat area again and again. Two of the drones were driving in on him, trying to dislodge him, when they were suddenly shot out of the sky from another, unexpected direction. Suddenly a scream was heard from within the battlesuit rising above the shriek of tortured metal. Finally forcing the head of the machine over, Vassakov was able to brace his legs against the hatch combing and rip the door open. Leaning out, the pilot fired his pulse carbine at point blank range into Vassakov. Chunks of shattered armor ripping into his flesh, Vassakov ung by his sword and with his free hand crushed the skull of the Tau pilot. Out of control, the machine crashed forward, crushing Vassakov under it. Stunned, he tried to drag himself free of the wreckage, but realized he could no longer feel his legs. As the flames crept closer, he heard strange accents and then he looked up into a pair of blazing red eyes as he passed into unconsciousness.

The flames drawing around them,a Chaplain in the armor and markings of a Space Marine Salamander, spoke with authority, "Be swift young brother and help me get him free of this!" But any more words were drowned out by the roar of jet packs as two more of the Tau Crisis Suits leaped into the street. As they leveled their weapons at the Chaplain and Vassakov the sudden roar of a supercharged engine arrived. Ripping around the corner, the normally spotless Razorback was spewing smoke from several points, it's laser turret a mangled piece of scrap and even the second bolter was blown off. But it's engine still had life as Schertenlieb gave it everything left within it's mechanical heart. Raising the dozer blade high, he charged into the nearest machine, knocking it flat and literally grinding it under the treads of the battered Razorback until it rolled off of it, revealing a gaping, gore smeared hole where the cockpit had been. The second machine had jumped again, landing behind Schert and firing into the thinner rear armor. The transport seemed to visibly shake as Schert hit reverse and floored the accelerator, crashing into his attacker and driving them both rearward into a building. The structure did not even slow them down as it collapsed around and then under them as the basement opened up to swallow them. The incredible crash was followed by several heartbeats of silence, then a grinding engine announced the Razor pulling itself free from the pit. The wrecked Tau machine still stuck on the back of the transport, Schertenlieb drove the stout machine clear. As it reached level ground, the Tau machine opened an escape hatch and the pilot pulled himself free and dove through the opening where the laser turret used to be. There was a single muffled shot from within and then the Tau pilot could be seen emerging, to suddenly flop off the roof and land in a heap beside the Razor. Schert then looked out and muttered, ...and stay out." before grinning wickedly at his brothers.

The Chaplain and another Salamnder then dragged the unconscious Vassakov into the rear of the Razorback, which did not even have it's rear hatch anymore. A Salamander sergeant ordered his troops to report and prepare for an assault, "Wolves, there are more of these Xenos coming in. Quickly, our brothers, form up!" The Claws quickly forming up into 2 groups under Jonas and Jester, they took up firing positions and saw the Salamanders doing the same. Suddenly, Jester heard a sound that caused his blood to run cold. Slowly turning he looked over his shoulder and saw one sign hanging there in the street that filled him with dread........

Reaching over, Jester turned the nearest Salamander to look behind them as well. The green armored warrior visibly stiffened as he too, read the sign "Auntie Em's Childcare" and saw that the building behind them was filled with children and those caring for them. Calling to his Chaplain,he told him what was going on as the Wolves consolidated. The two forces now preparing, they could hear their enemies approaching through the wrecked buildings. "Salamanders, overlap" was the order given and the marines formed a living wall of ceramite, standing shoulder to shoulder to form a shield for those behind them. Meanwhile the Wolves and pushed the shattered Razorback into a blocking position and Schertenlieb was readying the last bolter on it. Now they could hear the Kroot as they approached, drawing nearer, using the cover to draw ever closer. Then the pack of carnivores broke into the open, charging the Marines to be met by deadly accurate bolter, flamer and melta fire. The Salamanders holding firm and forming a wall to defend the children, the Wolves then countercharged. Crashing into the depleted Kroot, the battle became face to face, as rifle butts, Chainswords, knives, fists and feet were used. Just as the Wolves were at victory though tow more packs of Kroot sprung their trap, charging into the vastly outnumbered Wolves. Now the Salamanders charged to aid them, but it was too little, too late as they too began to fall, the Marines out numbered five to one. Then the sound of more of the Crisis suits leaping in to join the attack, the ground trembling as they landed. But the ground continued to tremble and sahke even worse as suddenly one of the Crisis suits disintegrated from a huge Plasma burst. A horrifying howling was now heard and now the Kroot's cheers changed to screams of terror as giant wolves now came racing in, ridden by the fiercest warriors of the Fang. Grim Hendrick leading the charge the Thunderwolves crashed into the Kroot, Oid shouting oaths of vengeance as Thunderhammers and Wolf Claws tore the Tau to shreds. Stumbling beneath two foes Jester saw a giant foot crash down next to him as Old Garm charged into the last Crisis Suit. The ancient Dreadnought roaring a challenge, he shrugged off the missile and cannon fire from the Tau warrior, then his mighty clawed hand crashed through the suit, killing his opponent. "Jonas, catch!" was heard as the familiar form of Daniel, their favorite Land Raider disgorged their brothers. Grabbing the chainsword from Jester, Jonas brought down the last Kroot facing him. "Pup, you go through more swords and axes than I do helmets!" laughed Horse as the Wolves now joined up to turn the tide against the Tau. Jester, kicked off the last of his eemies and reached under Decoy's flashing claws to grab a second pistol from the Gray Hunter and firing with a bolt pistol in each hand, raced back into the fray. Now Salamander Chaplain and Space Wolf Wolf Priest stood side by side, and formed the pivotal point that would swing the battle........

Vassakov awoke slowly, he could feel his legs again and really wished he couldn't. But it was the familiar pain of healing from wounds, he had endured it before and would again. A sultry feminine voice stated "No, for the last time, get that beast out of here and no,I do not want to join you in a hot tub and no I do not want to try any Fenrisian ale...." Opening his eyes, he looked over to see Horst talking to a Sisters Hospitallier without any success. "About time you woke up, sluggard" was his raspy comment as he poured Vassakov a large cup of coffee. "How long have I been out?" "Two days, that Salamander Chaplain kept you alive and then you were a full time job for him and Bjeorn the last couple of days, and they keep trying to run Inga out of here, but she won't leave." The giant wolf slid forward on her belly to raise her muzzle up to give Vassakov a quick nudge, then laid down again, nearly hiding Horse from view. "Coffee? I need something better than this.." Vassakov stated. "I know you, Take a good slug of it." Vassakov smiled as the familiar taste of the finest Fenrisian ale now slid down his throat and he prepared to get well and return to his brothers.

Archived