More Tales from the Fang

Warhorse47

it's a bran exclusive weapon pup;) he used it to smack other people when things became messy or when he got angry

i believe there's even a topic about it somewhere deep within the fang

here's one about it;

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...258&hl=sock

LOL Good stuff. Though I must admit it is a bit odd to have you calling me pup Hendrick. I'm nearly twice your age. :wink:

it's a bran exclusive weapon pup;) he used it to smack other people when things became messy or when he got angry

here's one about it;

LOL Good stuff. Though I must admit it is a bit odd to have you calling me pup Hendrick. I'm nearly twice your age. :lol:

haha

i though requim was the one asking;) and since he's fairly "new";) if i remember well you've been around here for some time haven't you?

and i think the member's age is what counts here. none the less most of the time i handle pups quite "gentle", besides the pup-calling offcourse ;)

edit; and not to make you feel old or anything, but you are twice my age :D

here's one about it;

LOL Good stuff. Though I must admit it is a bit odd to have you calling me pup Hendrick. I'm nearly twice your age. :cuss

haha

i though requim was the one asking;) and since he's fairly "new":cuss if i remember well you've been around here for some time haven't you?

and i think the member's age is what counts here. none the less most of the time i handle pups quite "gentle", besides the pup-calling offcourse :cuss

edit; and not to make you feel old or anything, but you are twice my age <_<

*chuckles* Well..depends on which age we are talking about...though by Forum age yep I am definitely still a pup...otherwise..well..I would still be a Grey Hunter but I would be pushing it *grins*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
"What do you mean, he's trying to take over a planet by marriage?" Ragnarok rumbled. "Yessir, the reports state he is using one of their laws to force the Regent to marry him so he would then be in charge until the heir is deemed competent to run the planet." "Let me guess, he would be the one deciding when the heir is 'competent', right?" "Yessir" the slightly built diplomat told him, almost disappearing in the shadow cast by the Terminator armored warrior. As the Battle Barge approached the planet Ragnarok quickly read through the laws of marriage and trials of ascendancy that had to be seen to be believed. Suddenly a wry grin appeared on his features. "Vassakov I need 8 warriors, armor shined up like a new bolter shell, who still know how to salute and keep a straight face.......also, have someone find out the battle roster of the units on planet." Turning to the Diplomat Magnan, he then broke into a broad grin, lit a cigar, and said, "This might just be a LOT of fun...."

Captain Torquemada looked over his company and really disliked the situation. Primus Majorus Tanner's House Guard troops were surrounding the Hall of Daylight, between the troops of his 17th Corinthian and the building. They were there for an "Honor Guard" for the Regent supposedly, but it was an obvious intimidation ploy. Most of the people from the city were obviously against this power grab, and there had been several incidents where the "honor guard" had roughed up some protesters. That was when Colonel Sigma had placed this company out front, to protect the civilians. They had discovered that the "Hounds" liked nothing more than a good scrap and that the unit's Commissar was an old school type who would let the fight get finished, then step in. "Here he comes again, Cap." was the muttered warning from his medic. Looking up, he saw the honor guard commander, Legate Thorn, approaching. As he neared, he began to yell "What are you going to do about these undisciplined rabble of yours? Two of my men have just been taken to the hospital after trying to quiet some of these ungrateful peasants!" Before Torquemada could respond, a giant stepped between them "Doan you yell at Cap Tork!" the bellow seemed to rattle the buildings behind them. The Legate nearly fell on his butt, as he tried to reverse his speed. Calmly stepping around the Ogryn who was his shadow ever since he had saved his life, the Captain stated, "Then tell your thugs, that this is still a Space Wolf Protectorate world, and those of us in the Imperial Guard will not allow you to beat up and terrorize these people. You make sure your head breakers understand THAT!" His hand resting on the hilt on the chainsword he had been given by the Iron Priest Firenze many years ago, he earnestly wished that his nemesis would give him an excuse................

"Hey Cap, what're the Honor Boys doing over there?" Sergeant Carmine pointed with his flamer to the entry way of the Hall. Sure enough, they were forming up to block anyone's access to the main doors. "Captain, the Colonel just vox'd that the Majorus had suddenly called for a vote on the marriage call against the Regent and suddenly all communication went dead. We're being jammed!" As Torquemada tried to get through, a voice from the past suddenly came through his Vox, "Torque, this is Ragnarok, do you copy?" "Aye Wolf Guard, I hear you." "you've got 2 minutes to get everyone out from under the dome in the Hall." The comm was suddenly replaced with the eerie sound of static. Torque did not hesitate, turning to his troops, he bellowed out "Hounds, FIX BAYONETS!"

The Honor Guard looked over and as their Legate ordered them to hold, the Hounds snapped into a charge formation.

One minute 45 seconds...Activating his chainsword Torque yelled "Kill anything that doesn't get out of the way!" Leading the charge, his troops pounding behind him, he locked eyes with the Legate. This lasted only a moment as the Legate's troops broke and ran, clearing the way to the entry.

One minute 20 seconds.....Reaching it, they realized it had been sealed from within. Hearing a familiar roar, the Hounds dove out of the path of a Leman Russ Exterminator, which raised it's plow and crashed through and then over the doors.

One minute..... "Everyone, clear the Mezzanaine!" the Captain shouted as his men raced in after him. Order devolved into chaos as screaming nobles and hangers on, ran in every direction to avoid the tank and Guard soldiers. As his Colonel reacted to the situation, his years of experience told him what to do.

Thirty seconds....."Regent, Heiress, get under cover!" Sigma ran to protect them as the Primus Majorus tried to stop the evacuation. Glancing at his chrono, Torque realized time was up, "Boom Boom, protect the Regent and Heiress!" diving on top of them with their Colonel, the Ogryn joined them as the sky fell in.......

The Hall of Daylight was named so because of the huge plasteel dome that covered the Mezzanine. Designed to give an open feel while protecting from the elements and the occasional sniper attack, it had never been designed to handle what had just happened. As the Hounds rose and helped the Regent and Heiress up, they looked through the shimmering heat waves and recognized that a Space Wolf Drop Pod had just slammed down bare meters from them. The nearest panel remained closed as the other four slammed open, then 2 Wolves in gleaming armor stepped from each panel. Without a word, they formed up four to a side of the last and snapped to attention. The last one finally dropped, and a towering figure in Terminator Armor stepped into the light. A huge wolf pelt over his shoulders, his armor shone, ancient runes catching the light, Ragnarok stepped out. Bowing to the Regent and Heiress, he simply said, "My apologies for the entrance, but I understand that there has been a wedding called for." The Majorus now strode up, "That's right. You have no call to interfere in this matter, It is internal to this world and being done by the law!" "Oh I know all that," calmly stated the Wolf. He then reached into a pocket sewn into the pelt, and drew out a cigar and permamatch which he then struck, by running it down the front of the Primus' elegant shirt. Puffing the cigar to life, he blew a cloud of smoke into his face, then continued, "By the laws of this world, one who has been ranked, or honored by the Imperium, may demand the right to the hand of the Regent. I am Wolf Guard! Recognized b y the Great Wolf Logan Grimnar and I challenge for the right to marry the Regent!"

Great work looking forward to the next one. Also if you want an extra character particularly a scout feel free to use my name (I kind of fit the description as I am a bit of a loner and I like when things go BOOM then again who in the fang doesn't)

on board of the battle barge another scene develloped

watching carefully to the new whelps hendrik nodded towards OID. some of them had baby soft cheecks OID noticed, but in time he knew the would once be scarred like his own.gripping his bolter stoutly he let out a roar" Are you pups ready for some action? rags said he needed me and hendrik to pick out the pack who's fitting to be the first in and last out!"offcourse this was a great honour none of them could deny.

"and when me and my old friend OID were walking past we noticed you guys, pointing towards Erik, Logan and Tristan the thirsty." hendrik filled him in."we've carefully watched you guys and we're convinced you guys will fit just perfectly."

"so clean you chainswords and pistols, polish your armour for this will be a saga worth of telling on and on! check in at the launchdeck, there will be a arvus lighter waiting for you guys.the pilot is called bob and he's been given instructions."

"for the wolf time"

like a small orchestred choir the pack replied"for the wolf time!" upon this they all ran towards the nearest cleaning room.

an hour later there they stood ready at the launchdeck. polished so neatly they almost looked like ultras a bondsman noticed. when they saw the arvus lighter they all felt rejoice in their hearts.this was it! their chance to start a saga as long and amazing like ragnars'. once they boarded the arvus they all took place,packed like sardines some had to even sit on eachothers laps, but it was all worth it! they would be the speartip! RUSS finest and none could hinder them in their way!!

As soon as all the pups had boarded the arvus bob locked the rear ramp like it was normal with a cargo ship like this and lit a cigarette. he started his vox

---OID, this is bob over---

---cargo is loaded---

--bob out---

a drop of sweat ran over tristan the thirsty his forhead. his throat was getting dry and it seemed like ages erik had been sitting upon his lap.

"can't you sit on the other leg for a while erik?this one's getting sleepy"

"i can't, my shoulderplates are stuck,infact the only thing i can move are my feet and hands"

suddently the static noise of the arvus ' vox sprang on.underneat the cracking sound they could easily notice bobs' voice

"are you guys ok? because i'm going to take a walk"

"a walk?"erik shouted back?"we've supposed to be the first in!we must leave immediatly!"

"haven't they told you?"

"haven't they told us what?" thist replied

"this is the first ship to board...

"so?"

"and the last to leave the launch deck, really i've only got a flight planned for tommorow"

"but,we,hendrik,OID, they said.."

"yeah i already thought is was weird to have a cargo of astartes but hey, when one of the big guys gives an order us bondsmen have to obey."

"then free us immediatly!"erik shouted. Immediatly bob replied;"sorry guys, i can't, once a cargo's loaded i'm only allowed to ope it upon arrival.company rules you see"

hope you guys liked while we're waiting for the saga to continue :)

:) I WANNA BE A DREADNOUGHT IN THE NEXT CHAPTER :D

in the meantime thanks for that bit hendrick :) I needed it.alot

I am not going through the long process of shoving your still fully alive body into a sarcophacous.

Brothers, my apologies for the delay, real life has been a little crazy. Thanks to Firenze and Hendrick for keeping an eye on things.

Back to the tale:

Shock washed over the features of the Majoris as the reality of the situation became clear to him. Even the Heiress, all of 15 years old, was laughing out loud. The crowds in the building were either in shock or applauding as well. Jonas looked over at Horse and silently mouthed "I told you so". Then one of the Majoris' bodyguards spoke up "I too, challenge!" then 4 more of his guards did so, before anyone else could speak. "Quiet,all of you." came the voice of an older man who had picked up the main microphone for the dome. :By law, only 7 may challenge. The Majoris spoke first, then the Wolf Guard. Then the others up here have taken the remaining places in this. They have done so legally, now the remainder must present their qualifications for the challenge. We will reconvene in one hour while this is done." A soft voice then spoke at Ragnarok's elbow, "Thank you Wolf Guard for coming to my aid, but I fear that even a Space Wolf may not be enough for this task." Looking down, he saw the Regent remove her hood. revealing an incredibly beautiful woman with pale blue eyes and dark chestnut hair. "My Lady, I have faced many foes, and I cannot see your world fall to such as these, I will do what I must with these curs." "I do not doubt your resolve or courage, but all the ones who challenged have bionics and you will be outnumbered six to one." "Bionics, that's not good" rasped a familiar voice as the rest of his brothers gathered round. "Wolf Guard, it's good to see you again!" came a welcome voice, "Allow me to introduce Colonel Sigma." Now a Captain, with several decorations, Torquemada came up boldly with his Colonel, a veteran, obviously well respected by his men. Looking at the shattered dome and the then the drop pod, the Colonel smiled broadly and said, "You do know how to make a point!" Cap, da toopidleegate here" rumbled Boom Boom. "You watch your mouth and show respect!" snapped the Legate as he and his troops now entered the arena. "Oh, he's just repeating what everyone else calls you, He just thought that was your name, sir." replied Sergeant Carmine, drawing chuckles from Vassakov and Jester. Suddenly a familiar Razorback pulled up and several more Space Wolves piled out. The Guard troops were setting up a cleared area for the challenge, using debris from the pod's entrance to mark the boundaries.The hour passed quickly, then the man who had taken charge earlier spoke again over the address system, calling the combatants to the arena area. "as we have many different abilities and types of weapons here. this will be a fight without armor or weapons to make it as fair as possible. Our laws are clear, should one leave the arena, whether thrown out, or by his choice, he isw no longer a challenger. Should he be rendered unconscious or unable to fight any longer, he is no longer a challenger. The victor will be the last one standing and then may claim the hand of the Regent. He may claim her as an Equal, as his servant, or release her to marry whom she will. All challengers, remove all armor and weapons at this time. The contest will begin in 15 minutes."

Exiting the Razorback without his Terminator armor, Ragnarok drew gasps from the crowd. Battle scarred from centuries of defending the Emperor's people, he looked the true veteran he was. Calmly puffing a cigar, he strode over to the area, examining his foes. The Majoris? A dilletante, The other five however were obviously hired muscle, all sporting bionics, arms legs, eyes, these were fighters and would be the problem. Silently, they entered the patch of grass that had been cleared. The 5 bodyguards forming a wall between Ragnarok and their boss. He smiled grimly, as a true Son of Russ, looking forward to this battle. One of the five looked at him and said "looks like you're gonna die today, wolfboy." "Thanks for the warning, it makes it easier to know what to do now." He replied with a grin. "Huh?" "Now I don't have to hold back at all." Ragnarok stated as the battle opened.......

Archived