Rise of the Imperium (formely Rise of the Emperor)

calgar101

I hate the HH novels(well i dont but..) the scene of Ferrus in Fulgrim having his armour adorned! I was going to have that for the Lion or Guilliman! Curses!!!! I don't want to be seen as idea stealing :)

I hate the HH novels(well i dont but..) the scene of Ferrus in Fulgrim having his armour adorned! I was going to have that for the Lion or Guilliman! Curses!!!! I don't want to be seen as idea stealing :)

"Quiet! Get back to your writing!" (*cracks whip)

He had been pacing up and down the dark corridor for nearly and hour now, the braziers he had lit having nearly burning themselves out. His long shadow cast upon the rock wall his only companion. A myriad of emotions ran through his head, the last encounter with the person he was about to meet haunting his mind.

He punched the wall, his fist penetrated the rock easily, and not a mark was left upon the Lions hand. He crunched the fallen rocks as he carried on down the dark corridor; going further down its length than he previously had. He reached the end, a plain blast steel door blocking his way; a faint azure light streaming from the gaps between the door and wall. “Repent for tomorrow you die!” the Lion shouted, at those the words the door slid effortlessly open to reveal a small, dank cell. The azure light vanished with the opening of the cell door. The Lion gasped.

An emaciated figure began to stumble towards the Primarch, like a toddler taking their first steps. The figures bones and veins were clearly visible, his floor length hair and beard were matted, dried blood and bodily fluids littered them. The sounds of chains dragging along the floor broke the silence, the figures wrist and ankle chains ample enough in length to reach out of his cell door and up in the corridor even. Luther’s expression was that of a mad and haggard one, his blood shot eyes absorbing the Lions presence.

“I have waited for this day for over ten thousand years my Lord” he revealed, tears falling down his cheeks.

“I know” came the Lions sharp reply.

Luther fell forwards on to his hands and knees, his sobs echoing around his cell, “I beg for your forgiveness and mercy”.

“You betrayed not only me and the Dark Angels but you betrayed the Imperium and the Emperor! There can be no other option but death Luther” the Lion informed his former friend; Luther bowed his head, understanding what the Lion meant. The Primarch drew out a golden blade; the re-forged Lion Sword and pointed it at Luther’s neck. The ‘Betrayer’ closed his eyes and whispered “In Death do I claim forgiveness”.

“In death are you granted it” replied the Lion as he brought his blade in a wide arc. Luther was bathed in a dark green light and began to shake violently, the smell of ozone bombarded Lion El’Jonsons nostrils, causing the Dark Angles Primarch to cease the execution.

“What is this?” roared the Lion, anger seeping into his words.

“Beware the Yngir, death itself stalks the stars!” Luther cried out. The light vanished and trembling stopped.

The Lions brow furrowed. He swung the sword around again this time the blade sliced cleanly through Luther’s neck. There was no blood, no separation of head from body, instead the ‘Betrayers’ body was consumed by a white fire, Luther’s cries of joy and adulation ringing in the Lions ears.

Preview, more to come if you enjoy that. Thanks.

Thaks Skirax. Heres the rest of the chapter, i hope you enjoy the build up.

He had been pacing up and down the dark corridor for nearly and hour now, the braziers he had lit having nearly burning themselves out. His long shadow cast upon the rock wall his only companion. A myriad of emotions ran through his head, the last encounter with the person he was about to meet haunting his mind.

He punched the wall, his fist penetrated the rock easily, and not a mark was left upon the Lions hand. He crunched the fallen rocks as he carried on down the dark corridor; going further down its length than he previously had. He reached the end, a plain blast steel door blocking his way; a faint azure light streaming from the gaps between the door and wall. “Repent for tomorrow you die!” the Lion shouted, at those the words the door slid effortlessly open to reveal a small, dank cell. The azure light vanished with the opening of the cell door. The Lion gasped.

An emaciated figure began to stumble towards the Primarch, like a toddler taking their first steps. The figures bones and veins were clearly visible, his floor length hair and beard were matted, dried blood and bodily fluids littered them. The sounds of chains dragging along the floor broke the silence, the figures wrist and ankle chains ample enough in length to reach out of his cell door and up in the corridor even. Luther’s expression was that of a mad and haggard one, his blood shot eyes absorbing the Lions presence.

“I have waited for this day for over ten thousand years my Lord” he revealed, tears falling down his cheeks.

“I know” came the Lions sharp reply.

Luther fell forwards on to his hands and knees, his sobs echoing around his cell, “I beg for your forgiveness and mercy”.

“You betrayed not only me and the Dark Angels but you betrayed the Imperium and the Emperor! There can be no other option but death Luther” the Lion informed his former friend; Luther bowed his head, understanding what the Lion meant. The Primarch drew out a golden blade; the re-forged Lion Sword and pointed it at Luther’s neck. The ‘Betrayer’ closed his eyes and whispered “In Death do I claim forgiveness”.

“In death are you granted it” replied the Lion as he brought his blade in a wide arc. Luther was bathed in a dark green light and began to shake violently, the smell of ozone bombarded Lion El’Jonsons nostrils, causing the Dark Angles Primarch to cease the execution.

“What is this?” roared the Lion, anger seeping into his words.

“Beware the Yngir, death itself stalks the stars!” Luther cried out. The light vanished and trembling stopped.

The Lions brow furrowed. He swung the sword around again this time the blade sliced cleanly through Luther’s neck. There was no blood, no separation of head from body, instead the ‘Betrayers’ body was consumed by a white fire, Luther’s cries of joy and adulation ringing in the Lions ears. The cries stopped, the fire burned with a much more aggressive intensity; one which caused even the Lion to turn away. Then Luther was gone, in an explosion of white his body disappeared; his sins and those of the Fallen were forgiven.

The Lion looked out into the void of space, one question burning on his mind. A figure emerged from a door to the left; the noise of armoured footsteps broke Lion El’Jonson from his reverie.

What little light the observatory had danced across the figures bone-white armour as he walked forwards.

“You summoned me Lord?”

“Yes, I require your help Belial” responded the Primarch, still staring out into space.

A look of confusion and bewilderment crossed the Master of the Deathwings face; “What could he know that his honoured Primarch couldn’t?” he thought to himself.

“What can I help you with Sire?”

“What do you know of the Yngir Belial?” asked the Lion.

He repeated the name over and over in his head, “A race or civilization by the name Yngir does not exist Sire. Are you sure you have the correct name?” Belial carefully responded after minutes of thought.

“Of course I do!” snapped the Lion causing Belial to wince, “Sorry that was unnecessary”

He added.

“Perhaps you should consult Ezekiel?” Belial suggested, ignoring the Lions outburst.

“You are very wise Belial; I can see why you are the Master of the Deathwing. I will look forwards to fighting with you” the Primarch remarked with a smile. Belial bowed graciously and saluted his Primarch; “To fight along side you would be an honour”.

“To fight with me is your right and the right of your brothers. Together we will Illuminate the galaxy. Our Sins have been forgiven, we no longer need to hide our past; once again we can take our rightful place in the Imperium.” exclaimed the Lion emotionally.

Belial punched the air, pride and joy filling his hearts. In the distant the faint light of stars could be seen, the faint red out line of a planet coming into view now as the Battle Barge ‘Calibans Wrath’ edged ever closer.

“Early probes indicate a human civilisation with mid-levelled technology. Early attempts of diplomacy have failed, there will be no mercy shown to them. Belial I task you with leading the Deathwing in an assault” the Lion informed the Deathwing Master, gripping the shoulder pauldrons of his Terminator suit.

“As you grip my armour now so shall I grasp this great honour.”

The final secret known only to a very select few is that, buried even deeper within the Rock than Luther, Jonson lies sleeping, waiting with the Watchers in the Dark for the time when he will be needed again, to lead the Dark Angels in a new and greater crusade. The Emperor is one who also knows of this secret

from lexicanum :wub:

but still keep posting :P

Thanks Athiair@Raptor oh damn, maybe he didnt wipe Luthers memory because he knew it was important for him to be forgiven? So the DA can move on :P And reading that quote from Lexi seems to me that the Emperor knows of the Lions location not about Luther...

Thanks Athiair@Raptor oh damn, maybe he didnt wipe Luthers memory because he knew it was important for him to be forgiven? So the DA can move on :lol: And reading that quote from Lexi seems to me that the Emperor knows of the Lions location not about Luther...

The Emperor knows of the Fallen. As does Leman Russ, or so popular legend goes, though that is supposition the part of SW fanboys.

Repent! For tomorrow you die!

It's good, and don't worry about fluff nazis, you've broken about every fluff rule in the book :D we're like two dysfunctional pees in one huge narcisstic pod :lol:

Archived