The Time of Ending (Chapter Nineteen up)

Skirax

Hey evryone, Im pretty new here, but I reckon you should all lay off him a bit, sure, it doesnt make much sense, but its fan fiction anyway, plus it sounded cool. Now I see wat your all talking about, but come on, give him some space.

Rant Over.

Cheers Nacho :P Thank you.

Well, if I'm honest, this was always going to be an experimental chapter, so if it didn't work, then at least I know where my strengths are (and where my weaknesses lie)

;) :) I wasn't saying that anyone offended me! Nacho here decided to defend me of his own accord! I thank you Nacho, and you will rewarded. Have a cookie *throws said cookie*

Now, hopefully the Update should come mid-week, but you know me :D

The story is noval, but I thought the last chapter with all the 300 references was a major turnoff. It really felt like it was trying to cram in as many 300 references to the counter balience of casting away Warhammer 40,000's style. I don't mind the odd one being flung in, but that was too much.

Plus, for some reason, I always get He-man in my head when reading about the Emplore fighting the gods. XD

Cheers for the comment, as said I'm leaving the whole 300 reference behind.

Really sorry, been so busy, can't get much done these days :D Went to Alton Towers with School yesterday though, so can you blame me? :P

Alas, not all came rolling from the womb with a stein in hand and roaring praises to Russ - A great wolf player one time, I forget his name. Long Live the All Father!

Hopefully, there will be an update later this week :)

Teaser:

The banners fluttered in the cold breath of the frozen morning, each ablaze with the taint of Chaos; foul markings of each and every false God spreading across the ripped and torn icons that had somehow carved paths of bloodshed and death across the galaxy.

The Sternguard stood atop the wall of bodies, the stench of the decaying corpses beneath their feet filtered out by their helmets.

‘Why do they just... stand there?’ asked Valcornius, and Herculius shook his head.

‘I have no answer, Brother,’ replied the Sergeant, and a gruff voice came from behind him.

‘They stand there because they fear the roar of our guns, the cries of our brothers and the scream of our chain blades,’ said Bulveye, and the assembled brothers turned to look at the new comer. He regarded them with brotherly rivalry, and a hint of unrestrained fury glinted within his eye. A tint of yellow hid in the corners of his eyes, and Herculius recoiled from what he saw in a fleeting moment. Bulveye whistled, and a host of feral looking beasts loped up the slope to the crest of the wall. Their tongues rolled from their lips and their hands slouched at their sides, and long, mangy fur fell in a cascade from their forearms and onto their bestial claws.

‘What are these beasts?’ breathed Valcornius, and as one the beasts snarled at him, their eyes alight with hatred.

Bulveye rounded on the Fist, and that same look in his eye flared forward once more.

‘Hold your tongue, whelp. Question not what they are, but WHO they are. They are Wulfen, and they will save your lives,’ snarled the grizzled warrior, and he turned back to the rotting crenulations, before breaking down in laughter.

‘What is it?’ snapped Herculius, all sense of good will towards this man lost in an instant.

‘Reminds me of a time on a planet of the dread God Nurgle. Happy days...’ he sighed, then turned to the assembled masses. ‘Come get us, you base-born curs!’ roared Bulveye, and the Wulfen howled into the night air, their breath coming out as icy contrails in the freezing cold.

The earth rumbled and the horde of traitors before them roared in bloodlust, charging in a screaming frenzy.

Bulveye calmly turned to what appeared to be the leader of the Wulfen Pack.

‘Bring up the Long Fangs. We’re going to need some heavy fire.’

I realise that you're probably thinking 'GET ON WITH IT!' but life has stopped me getting on with it, plus I'm writing the Saga for my Wolf Priest at the moment, so forgive me :D

There is no forgiveness! You cannot fail in your duty to please us with your story or you shall suffer our collective wrath! Ooh Saga? Whats his name...? And yeaa some fighting, Space Wolves style; i like :D

His name is Jurgis the Wise, and the Saga details his rise to High Wolf Priest of his Great Company. I'm considering having him tutor someone famous, such as Egil Ironwolf, but then again which Wolf Lord is best fitting for his character etc. Or then again, maybe I'll have him ATTEMPT to tutor Lukas.

Thanks for the comment Calgar, keep 'em coming :D

Archived