Kythnos' Iron Warriors

Kythnos

Update time!

And now that the Call of Chaos has started, I also took the time to make a picture of my vow, mentioned in the posting above:

gallery_43993_7905_69954.jpg

Just wanted to ask if the Terminator holding the double handed weapon using the Deathwing kit? or converted from scratch? Look really cool & something I've wanted to try out.

Whole log really cool & always great to see IV Legion models :D Also like the use of Harry the Hammer, I got the models back when I was staff, I'll need to try find him (move house) & look that re-painting him. Come across like the Chaos Marines in the bloodquest comic which saw a mix of Warhammer era & 40k era all mix into one, was always cool :D

IP

Just wanted to ask if the Terminator holding the double handed weapon using the Deathwing kit? or converted from scratch?  Look really cool & something I've wanted to try out.

The arms for the Terminator come from the Grey Knight Terminator kit. i just replaced the blade with an axe head from the Fantasy Chaos Chariot.

And thanks for the compliments! It's always nice to get some feedback on one's work :)

= CoC Update =

Good news, fellow warriors of Chaos: the Stonebreakers' forge produced another Rhino to fight in the Long War. That means, I've already finished the first of my five nominated units. With this speed, I should be able to get all the units done in time. Hopefully I can keep it up :biggrin.:

gallery_43993_7905_78272.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

=][= Call of Chaos Update =][=

The second of my nominated units is coming along. I should be able to finish my version of Typhus one of these days, which would leave me with only three units left to do, while I still have over two months left :)

gallery_43993_7905_17872.jpg

Very nice mate. That metallic green is a neat little way of showing which god he is devoted to.

Thanks mate. Glad to hear my idea with the green paint as a Nurgle-ish signifier for his devotion, while still keeping him disticly Iron Warrior-ish, worked out :smile.:

The Stonebreakers' Warpsmiths are continuing their efforts to strengthen the warband during this year's Call of Chaos. The next project is the first Helbrute I made from the 'new' box set. It's really an amazing kit with tons of options. The only weak point is the stativ pose of the Helbrute itself, mainly around the legs and and the hip. I'm not sure why they didn't use ball joints to allow for more varied poses. :mellow.:

Still, it's a really cool kit :smile.:

gallery_43993_7905_24544.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Christmas time is always a busy time, so my progress has stalled a bit. Nevertheless, I was able to finish the shooty Helbrute for the Call of Chaos. That would mark three of my nominated five units complete, so timewise I'm still fine. With the holidays not far away, I should be able to finish the fleshhounds by the beginning of January and will be be able to dedicate the rest of our time to the second Helbrute.

But for now, pictures :wink:

gallery_43993_7905_76357.jpg

gallery_43993_7905_22497.jpg

gallery_43993_7905_32605.jpg

Iron Within! Iron Without!

• 4 weeks later...

The holidays are over and I've used them to finish my counts-as Flesh Hounds for the CoC. They still need their bases done, but I'll do that on Wednesday when I finish the second Helbrute, which is still in the process of being painted. But with two evenings blocked for painting it, there shouldn't be a problem :-)

Anyways, here's a picture of the painted Flesh Hounds:

gallery_43993_7905_15164.jpg

Edited by Kythnos

Kythnos, its been a while, loving the Nurgle Termi lord! Great paint job combining green with the Iron Warrior colours. Where did you get the head from?

It's been a while, indeed. I've just had the chance to look at your new pictures of Vlâdvar and am really impressed - he's already looking badass the way he is now - how's he even going to look when he's finished?! :ohmy.:

Thanks for your kind words too, of course. The head comes from the WHFB Chaos Warriors Chariot box. A lot of cool bits can be found in there.

With a final push I was able to finish the second Helbrute tonight and thus complete my last nomination for this year's Call of Chaos. As always, it's been a really motivating event and all the comments I received helped a lot to get these units finished. But there's always more to paint and an upcoming campaign in our local player group will surely lead to more units being recruited for the war efforts of the Stonebreakers - this thread is not going to stay silent for long, I promise :devil:

But now for the pictures:

gallery_43993_7905_4079.jpg

gallery_43993_7905_64902.jpg

Kitbashing the DV Helbrute and the new kit led to a model that looks suitably different from my other two Helbrutes (not counting the old metal one), so I'm really happy that my hacking and slashing worked out this way :happy.:

And as the earlier picture of the finished counts-as Flesh Hounds wasn't that good, here's a better one:

gallery_43993_7905_81949.jpg

Edited by Kythnos

I have never seen a helbrute I liked before now.

I *love* the slate gray/black skin color you've got going for him. Looks awesome with the dark black and gold armor.

Also, that helm you gave him is ten times cooler than the goofy marshmellow face he comes with :D

COOL!!!!!

Thanks for the compliment, mate!

Helbrute conversion look really cool & great to see the Call of Chaos vow complete :biggrin.:

Thanks IP! Now I'm finally able to field a Mayhem Pack and I'm also only one Helbrute away from the Murderpack - the CoC definitely improved my list-building options a lot! :devil:

I have never seen a helbrute I liked before now.

I *love* the slate gray/black skin color you've got going for him. Looks awesome with the dark black and gold armor.

Also, that helm you gave him is ten times cooler than the goofy marshmellow face he comes with :biggrin.:

Thanks Flint, glad I was able to make the first Helbrute that you like - so it was worth it to cut up the two kits after all :biggrin.:

The head's just one of the regular options of the regular Helbrute kit though. I can't take too much credit for that one :biggrin.:

To keep the ball rolling, I decided to take pictures of the next miniatures that are completed up to the painting stage. It's a Chaos Lord on bike, a model for the Prophet of the Voices-artifact and four converted Chosen from the DV starter set. I'll probably start with the characters and see tackle the unit of Chosen afterwards. Although all plans might change as soon as I have enough bits to convert my own Dark Heretek to lead my Renegade Guard army for an upcoming campaign :D

gallery_43993_7905_38831.jpg

gallery_43993_7905_34286.jpg

gallery_43993_7905_22768.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The CoC is over, but work is far from done! I used the two weeks since I finished my last vow to complete my Biker Lord, who is now in dire need of a bodyguard unit. I doubt he'll be too happy to be accompanied by my two Chaos Spawn, so I'll need to have a look around on ebay to find some biker models for cheap :happy.:

gallery_43993_7905_16854.jpg

gallery_43993_7905_62190.jpg

I also got a nice distraction from Forge World, as my Dreadclaw finally arrived. This means pushing back the Chosen and the possessed Dark Apostle from an earlier post, but working on the Drop Pod is just too tempting. I should have it built early next week and if I get along with paintign it quickly, I might even be able to use it in the opening game for our upcoming gaming group campaign :devil:

gallery_43993_7905_36606.jpg