"Blood Duel" Arena of Death Competition

Brother Tyler

@Brother Caleb

You have no reason to take Saga of the Beastslayer.

I'm looking down the road. However unlikely it is that I make it to the next round, I want to be covered should I face a bike or a Nurgle Lord. Though I'm open to suggestions as to how to spend the 10 pts if I didn't take it.

Who knows...maybe you will need it against a brother WGBL with a TWM. I'm surprised nobody has submitted one yet to be honest.

WGBL + SS + TWM = 145pts on the nose and would be a tough customer

I also wonder if anyone is going to show up with a dreadnaught based on the elite rules

Oh how I wish I were a model hobbyist instead of a vassalite

I was planning on a TWL but I don't have any models to represent it.

Also, I could not get Vassal to work for me. Perhaps you could pm me with a site to download it and the 40K module. I would appreciate it.

Kinda suprised you wolves aint all voulenteered yet as us on the BA forum nearly have ours filled.... :FA:

I know right? For the most populated forum, it's a bit light on over here....

I even invited KierKier personally, to fill a box I've had made for him.... or, his head ;)

Maybe I should have transliterated RSVP? :Elite:

I know russ would be dissapointed. Espeecially aginst Ba who have very little flexibility in our choices. wolves can do so much more with their characters than we an and yet they aint using it. sooo sad....

Go cry somewhere else :P Poor emo-vamp.., err.., angry marine ;)

No offence intended :P

Update. Concerning me, I've been thinking about this - but I am bit tight on schedule for messing with the rules, which I don't understand yet fully, and painting the guy :P. It appears that bare-bones TWL is exactly 145 points, which we can spend on this. He will have Rending and extra S,T, A, but I can't figure out the number of attacks and types of them under AoD rules ;P.

Now, when the angry marine is gone, it keeps me thinking, if Wolf Priest wouldn't be the most viable option - I mean, he has inbuilt all the staff, including re-rolls, and You can't go wrong with Prefered enemy since there mostly will be only infantry. Some outflank and stealth could be bought as his saga, since all other sagas will have no effect under AoD rules. And there will still be some 30-35 points to play with WTT, WTN. Runic armour probably is a waste, since I suspect there will be hardly any armor saves ever, all being decided by inv saves, which has already. Any thoughts?

Well, the biggest reason that there have not been more Wolves stepping up is this...While the Blood Angels might be willing to let any blondie that can still fit in his armor and has a vague idea of which direction is the dangerous end of a bolter represent them, we Wolves are quite a bit more picky about who we have contest to represent us. (How I squeaked by the selection process has often been questioned. My favorite theories so far have involved excessive ale drinking on the part of the judges or perhaps a case of mistaken identity.)

That or most Wolves would rather face a real challenge *grins* and smacking around the other Chapters doesn't really qualify.

((In all Seriousness though...I am kind of suprised that there hasn't been more entries then there have been so far. Almost all of them had been entered in the first 24 hours of the post being available. As far as the selection of the Wolf Priest goes...the single wound makes it a bit difficult. The low Initiative makes it worse. I chose a Wolf Priest because I had a model that was ready to be painted and wasn't my favorite HQ so I wouldn't get overly upset about the poor paintjob I gave it,considering it would be the first model I ever painted. I still had to finish conversion and decoration of the Rune Priest I have before I paint him so I didn't go for the original one I wanted. Though I might end up switching now that he is done,especially since I haven't submitted the pic and finalized it yet lol.

Also,no real insults were meant in the space of this post,and no animals,servitors or Blood Angels* were harmed in the making of this post.))

*Adeptus Sororitas note:Blood Angels were chosen as the testing subject of choice for most cosmetic and hair care products,due to three factors.Firstly,the ease with which they could be coerced into testing new materials and devices.Secondly, the Apothecaries and Mechanicus running the tests might end up becoming attached to the animals and servitors,the likelihood of such a thing happening with the Blood Angels was deemed to be extremely minimal.And finally,because there are things that not even an animal or servitor would do.

lol, i entered a storm angel anyway so im not worried, though i think you may want to edit that to say dark angel <_< we all know they are the real girls, dress wearing and all...

my suprise that there isnt more wolves biting at the bit to get at the thousand sons entrys and then the dark angel ones... :lol:

lol, i entered a storm angel anyway so im not worried, though i think you may want to edit that to say dark angel ;) we all know they are the real girls, dress wearing and all...

my suprise that there isnt more wolves biting at the bit to get at the thousand sons entrys and then the dark angel ones... :huh:

Meh. We know we're the best; we've no need to prove it. Look at the join dates of our current entrants; All Blood Claws, chomping to prove themselves. Us elder wolves would rather sit back and let our youngest and newest beat the daylights out of the elder and experienced brethren from competing chapters.

lol, i entered a storm angel anyway so im not worried, though i think you may want to edit that to say dark angel ;) we all know they are the real girls, dress wearing and all...

my suprise that there isnt more wolves biting at the bit to get at the thousand sons entrys and then the dark angel ones... :huh:

Meh. We know we're the best; we've no need to prove it. Look at the join dates of our current entrants; All Blood Claws, chomping to prove themselves. Us elder wolves would rather sit back and let our youngest and newest beat the daylights out of the elder and experienced brethren from competing chapters.

*Howls at the prospect battle*

That or most Wolves would rather face a real challenge *grins* and smacking around the other Chapters doesn't really qualify.

I guess you don't consider the rest of your Chapter a real challenge :huh:

Don't worry, you are in good company ~ neither do I ;)

I remember Logan being quite keen to crack heads and take names and thought it was laughable that his Wolf Lords had written him off.

I guess that same fire doesn't live in your belly.

Too busy eating and drinking :P

Wolf Guard Battle Leader, Karl Thunderwolf, storm shield, wolf claw, wolf tooth necklace, wolf tail talisman. 135 points.

Just have to make and paint a model for him.

Charge towards the enemy, hack and slash him.

Simple tactics.

Sorry, looks like I'm not going to get him finished on time.

Kinda suprised you wolves aint all voulenteered yet as us on the BA forum nearly have ours filled.... ;)

I know right? For the most populated forum, it's a bit light on over here....

I even invited KierKier personally, to fill a box I've had made for him.... or, his head :HQ:

Maybe I should have transliterated RSVP? ;)

WHO DARES SPEAK MY NAME WITHOUT PERMISSION!?!

Since you have opted to name your doom, i shall oblige you this one time, wearer of sun dresses! Let it be said i am generous to my inferiors!

Behold, the newest member of my command retinue, so that the bravest amongst the doomed shall have a chance to see true glory before falling to the might of the Wolves!

Lars Wraithdoom, Wolf Guard Battle Leader, Codex Space Wolves

Storm Shield

Frost Blade

Wolf Toot Necklace

Saga of the Beast-Slayer

Moving - Move towards my doomed opponent as fast as possible.

Shooting - Run towards my doomed opponent as fast as possible except when already in charge range

Psyker Powers - Mock the cowards for daring to use foul magic’s against a Son of Russ.

Charging/Assault - Slay my opponent with the Might of Russ. To stand against one as mighty as a Space Wolf is to invite death willingly, so Lars Wraithdoom shall aid them in welcoming it.

Voluntary Fallback - Never. Fallback is not in my dictionary.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/kieran_m/100e1831.jpg

WLK

* Wolf Guard Míijal Swiftrend

* Codex Space Wolves

* Wolf Guard Battle Leader

* War-gear

Terminator Armour

Pair of Wolf-Claws

Wolf Tail Talisman

Wolf Tooth Neckless

* 145pts total

Moving - [Close the gap to the enemy Combatant as fast as possible]

Shooting - [Run towards enemy instead of shooting]

Psyker Powers - [Attempt to Nullify with Wolf-Tail Talisman]

Charging/Assault - [Do not Parry. Charge as soon as the enemy is in range. Re-roll for Wounds with Wolf Claws]

Voluntary Fallback - [No retreat]

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/6980/finish4.jpg

WHO DARES SPEAK MY NAME WITHOUT PERMISSION!?!

Since you have opted to name your doom, i shall oblige you this one time, wearer of sun dresses! Let it be said i am generous to my inferiors!

Behold, the newest member of my command retinue, so that the bravest amongst the doomed shall have a chance to see true glory before falling to the might of the Wolves!

Lars Wraithdoom, Wolf Guard Battle Leader, Codex Space Wolves

Psyker Powers - Mock the cowards for daring to use foul magic’s against a Son of Russ.

Voluntary Fallback - Never. Fallback is not in my dictionary.

*speaking to Neophytes* ~ I told you lads, if the one handed wolf tail pull doesn't work, use two ;)

I guess you didn't get any fashion tips from Dante, as this is not a sun dress, though it is very handsome. I thought you could have attended the fashion forums whilst you were holidaying on Baal. That was the reason for the delay right? ~ you were getting that back of yours waxed but being so hairy they couldn't heat up that amount of wax, even with inferno pistols :lol:

Sending out a lackey when I call for you, that's not Queensberry rules ol' boy. Still, I suppose not everyone knows about honour like a Knight :woot:

At least you recognise Witchcraft for what it is :yuck: ~ tell that Grey Mage of yours to repent, eh? :yes:

Fallback: you know, when you've been wipped like a dog and run with your tail between your legs :cry: you know that feeling, I know you do....

Me? ~ I can't. I'm Fearless, ya know? ^_^

+++

Just don't go getting yourself killed, I know you Wolves can be sneaky and would do anything to avoid a flogging :lol:

*speaking to Neophytes* ~ I told you lads, if the one handed wolf tail pull doesn't work, use two :yes:

+++

Just don't go getting yourself killed, I know you Wolves can be sneaky and would do anything to avoid a flogging :woot:

You two certainly can't live without each other, can you? :yuck:

I cant do a SW hero for under 250 points. Its just wrong that we should be limited to 145. Hence the Lack of input from me. My heros all top 250

dig your grave now fanatic, so when i chop you into bits the clean up will be easy.

and mephy is a joke. there is things in the BA codex that worry me, but that guy isnt one of them.

and yea, this point level limited my choices severly. i wouldnt have bothered had the fanatic not ask me to kill him.

WLK

Archived