"Blood Duel" Arena of Death Competition

Brother Tyler

@ Wolf Lord Garm Ironhand: congrats on your win, i thought taking a 2W model would be the death of me!

@Wilhelm: now we can do this for realz. i will post my Wolf Lord and he will be glad to smack you around (he runs 225pts so was unable to make it here...i sent the whelp Lars and he did as well as expected)

@req: awesome!

WLK

@Wilhelm: now we can do this for realz. i will post my Wolf Lord and he will be glad to smack you around (he runs 225pts so was unable to make it here...i sent the whelp Lars and he did as well as expected)

Kier bear, surely you are not suggesting that if we play at an equal points value, I'd end you?

*looks at Wilhelm*

Hey, brother Templar. Shouldn't you, like, be on a crusade or something?

For a while he's crusading here. Purging roasted elk and exterminating mead supplies with extreme prejudice and zeal - like a true templar. We told him to leave, but he refused - at least until everything is purged and exterminated :)

*looks at Wilhelm*

For a while he's crusading here. Purging roasted elk and exterminating mead supplies with extreme prejudice and zeal - like a true templar. We told him to leave, but he refused - at least everything is purged and exterminated :)

I told him he could spend the week....

I forgot, he doesnt have any self control around the ale.

*looks at Wilhelm*

For a while he's crusading here. Purging roasted elk and exterminating mead supplies with extreme prejudice and zeal - like a true templar. We told him to leave, but he refused - at least everything is purged and exterminated :)

Abhor the ale, destroy the ale...

*looks at Wilhelm*

That's right. I shouldn't.

The ship is getting a re-fit. I'm here for some R&R. Restling and Rowdyness ;) .

For a while he's crusading here. Purging roasted elk and exterminating mead supplies with extreme prejudice and zeal - like a true templar. We told him to leave, but he refused - at least until everything is purged and exterminated :P

Here, here!

and I'll have some more here too, please :P

Self control? I've got it. Don't confuse high-spirits with rowdiness from booze. It just buffs my natural enthusiasm is all :D .

Besides, all those calories I burn wrestling Blood Claws *points to pile of BC tied into one another* and cheering jeering Kier bear *points to blood stain on the floor* is hard-work.

I needed fuel during my lament for Lars *points to conspicuous wooden boat loaded with wood*

So when do we launch him out to rest?

:cuss

I'm lovin' the imagery so far, but with all respect to Khorne, the battles need to be more bloody.

*looks at Wilhelm*

So,shattered kneecap,2 perforated lungs and a upper intestine,peirced bicep,pierced thigh,slashed arm,broken ribs,cracked skull,plasma burns along one side and across another shoulder,multiple cracked knuckles and a skald with a roasted hand isn't bloody enough?. Are you sure you shouldn't be wearing red armor and carrying a chain axe instead? Remember this is a duel for honor...not to the death. How much blood and carnage was inflicted in the fights in your arena hmm?

*grins* But if you like Zynk,I can have you as a spectator catch an accidental plasma round to the face if it will make you feel better about the bloodiness *smirk*

So,shattered kneecap,2 perforated lungs and a upper intestine,peirced bicep,pierced thigh,slashed arm,broken ribs,cracked skull,plasma burns along one side and across another shoulder,multiple cracked knuckles and a skald with a roasted hand isn't bloody enough?.

My apologies. The field of battle set my standards too high in the gore department. But seriously, you're doing a great job, but for some reason I couldn't visualize the pain of the duals.

Are you sure you shouldn't be wearing red armor and carrying a chain axe instead?

*checks armor* Nope... still dark blue.

Remember this is a duel for honor...not to the death. How much blood and carnage was inflicted in the fights in your arena hmm?

Once again, I guess I'm used to visualizing fights on the field of battle. Sometimes the fights in our arena get pretty graphic, but you're right.

*grins* But if you like Zynk,I can have you as a spectator catch an accidental plasma round to the face if it will make you feel better about the bloodiness *smirk*

*challenging look* I eat plasma rounds every day for breakfast, Requiem. What makes you think that would be any different? I was just being a good spectator enjoying the show with only 1 minor qualm and now look what happens... Threats. Ahh, just another day in the Fang. I'll have you know I dodge plasma just as well as Bush dodges shoes.

Im just saying *grins* so far Ive written in Wilhelm and hadafix as spectators I can throw you in too...If you are interested in reading about Wolves on the field of battle,to satisfy your blood thirst,by all means click on the link in my sig to go to the rest of my stories. The way I was looking at it,was that the duel's would continue until one combatant was unable to easily continue,so that was how I wrote it.

Round 2 battles:
  • Wolf Lord Garm Ironhand vs Wolf Guard Battle Leader Asvald Hotspur
  • Brother Gromgol the Lost (who won) vs Wolf Guard Miijal Swiftrend

If you have special instructions, please send them to me or post them ASAP. I'll run the battles just as soon as I'm able, and if Requiem is still inclined to write the batreps I'll send the results to him so that he can work his creative magic.

Not a more worthy opponent than my old friend Warhorse-- good luck brother!

Loser has the tab on Wolf Whiz for the next year! -_-

Miijal Swiftrend vs Gromgol the Lost

Brother Gromgol won.

After the first round of combats,Tradition demanded at least a short break to allow the combatants to recover from their wounds.This period was lengthened to a full day,and just after dawn the next day,the stands were filled once more,with some of those who had fallen in the front row,cheering on those who had defeated them.Kelgrin and Wilhelm sat in the stands in the front row,both raising tankards of ale to cheer on Mijal Swiftrend as he stepped into the circle.In the seat above them,his hand still wrapped in the cast and with the blond sister beside him sat Damian,cheering loudly for the combatants,and making bets with the Templar and Asgot who sat beside him. As before,the jovial mood was quieted when Brother Gromgol stepped forward into the circle. Mijaal considered this new opponent,his claws held in front of him in a defensive position as he stepped forward.Brother Gromgol had no such caution as he pulled the plasma pistol from its holster and snapped off a shot,catching Miijal squarely in the chest,the chest plate of the terminator armor smoking and smoldering.

The sudden eruption of superheated air from the molten metal washed over Miijal's face,making the Wolf Guard stumble before Gromgol jumped into the air and landed with both knees,knocking Miijal to the ground and bringing the butt of the plasma pistol in a backhand,knocking Mijaal senseless.

Gromgol got up,saluted the Statue of Leman Russ and reached down,heaving the unconcious wolfguard onto his shoulders and carrying him to the infirmary.

(this one was over very quickly,as Brother Gromgol had very good luck with his plasma pistol,with a unsaved wound in each shooting phase.Yes this particular fight wasn't all that bloody at all,mainly because I felt that Gromgol would be far more controlled in this fight,after what happened last time.)

Asvald Hotspur vs Garm Ironhand

Garm Ironhand won

After the suddenness of the first bout,everyone was eager indeed for the second of the semi finals.Asvald Hotspur stepped onto the field first,to the cheers of all gathered. Those cheers were echoed when Garm Ironhand stepped in from the opposite side. With a cocky smile,Asvald unhooked his belt,placing the holstered pistol on the ground. Hefting his Axe,its glow blue lighting his face,he calls out to Garm "My axe didn't get a chance to prove its worth last bout.Shall we test it now" From the stands,a voice called out to general amusement "Remember Asvald,the sharp end goes towards the other man!" Garm smiled and nodded,raising his own axe and stepping forward,holstering Foehammer.

The two warriors circled one another,blades held at the ready.Garm led the charge,swinging his axe in a swift spin at Asvald's face.Asvald caught the attack with the haft of his Axe,stepping in and bringing a boot into Garm's leg. Garm responded by slamming his elbow into Asvald's ribs. The two sprang apart,both more determined then ever that this next exchange would be the last. With a snarl,the two sprang at each other once more,foregoing defense to ensure the defeat of their opponent. Asvald spun,slamming the blade down into Garm's side in two rapid strokes,the first one cracking the rune armor and the second digging into his side.Meanwhile,Garm brought his axe around in a flurry of strikes,hitting with both blade and pommel,cracking ribs and slamming Asvald onto his back.Clutching his ribs,Garm slams the pommel of his axe into Asvald's stomach before bringing his knee up into Asvald's chin,knocking him unconcious.

Raising his axe to the cheers of the crowd,Garm walked towards the infirmary with the unconcious Asvald.

(this one was apparently an interesting one to do.Asvald got 2 hits,one of which wasn't saved. Garm had 2 as well,but the lack of a invulnerable save caused his doom.)

Miijal, I'll have a word with the Iron Priest, to make sure he doesn't bodger the repairs to your armor.

Garm, may the skalds sing your praises unto the Wolftime, good luck.

Personally I'm a little suprised my wulfen is such a good marksman. =)

Same rules for Gromgol please.

You dogs still playing? I surprised that WLK is still about, he talked his opponents to unconsciousness no doubt.

which goes to show your templars reading skills...since i faced real opponents in this bought, and not some dress wearing fanatics, i fell in the first round.

WLK

Archived