"Blood Duel" Arena of Death Competition

Brother Tyler

I cant do a SW hero for under 250 points. Its just wrong that we should be limited to 145. Hence the Lack of input from me. My heros all top 250

Warfare isn't ideal brother. Sometimes you need to make a fist with 3 digits :P

Of course, if you are using this in saving face, I drop it and let you hide behind it. :P

dig your grave now fanatic, so when i chop you into bits the clean up will be easy.

and mephy is a joke. there is things in the BA codex that worry me, but that guy isnt one of them.

and yea, this point level limited my choices severly. i wouldnt have bothered had the fanatic not ask me to kill him.

WLK

You mean me? I guess zeal can be seen as being relative if you think I'm a fanatic. I just always thought of you as being one step over being an infidel ^_^

It's the BA beautician's kit that has that brow line of yours worried, eh?

Like a true warrior, I am always prepared to die, and have the servitors prepare a thimble for me. A thimble you ask? Of course, when I die, there'll not be much left of me, I'll go properly and not to a scratch :) .

Just keep yourself safe.

'til we meet, adieu.

I'll put forward my wolf priest in tda. I'll update this with the proper stuff later, am on my phone at work atm :-S not very tacticly useful but I like my model n never get to use it since converting it. Now av just painted it, it needs a chance.

EDIT:

Name: Asgot the Godi

Codex: Space Wolves

Unit: Wolf Priest

Wargear/Options: Crozius arcanum (power weapon) Storm bolter, Terminator armour, wolf tooth necklace, wolf tail talisman, Iron wolf amulet

Wargear/Option Abilities: 5+save against psychic powers, always hit on a 3+, 4+ inv. save, 2+ armour save

Special Rules: ATSKNF, Counter-Attack, Acute Sense, Fearless, Preferred enemy

135pts

Moving - move into a position to fire but try to hold ground and await counter-charge

Shooting - shoot every round not in combat

Psyker Powers - Use wolf tail talisman to nullify powers.

Charging/Assault - Wait to counter-charge, attack all out. Use preferred enemy as what ever the enemy is.

Voluntary Fallback - No thanks.

http://yfrog.com/16phone064j

As the saying goes "Not all Wolves howl when they hunt". So keep yowling little kitten,for while you puff up and try and make yourself look fierce,the end result will be the same. A bolt of Plasma through your heart, Wyrd's keen edge splitting you from crotch to crown,or my fangs crushing your throat and shattering your spine.

And when your pain is ended,I shall harvest your Geneseed with my own hand,and deliver it to your ship personally.

So swears Damian,WolfSkald of Gunnar Redmoon's Great Company.

Come on Kieran!

I've ordered a head-shaped box just for you :down: ~ and they won't accept refunds as it's a custom job. :)

*continues lapping armour*

Wilhelm, one of the very few things I regret about being a mod is that I wont be able to decapitate you in the finals.

Big talk pup. It may play well to your drunken hoards and your heretic witches, but it is this kind of thing is that BT thrive on, the skill in combat, and the close up kill. You barbarians will be skinned in no time.

And as for YOU hadafix.... all Ive seen so far is alot of talk. I cant even remember the last time I saw you in a proper brawl.

To stuffy to actually train those honorable close combat skills- I bet your the squads heavy weapon taker.

Come on Kieran!

I've ordered a head-shaped box just for you :down: ~ and they won't accept refunds as it's a custom job. :)

*continues lapping armour*

Wilhelm, one of the very few things I regret about being a mod is that I wont be able to decapitate you in the finals.

Big talk pup. It may play well to your drunken hoards and your heretic witches, but it is this kind of thing is that BT thrive on, the skill in combat, and the close up kill. You barbarians will be skinned in no time.

And as for YOU hadafix.... all Ive seen so far is alot of talk. I cant even remember the last time I saw you in a proper brawl.

To stuffy to actually train those honorable close combat skills- I bet your the squads heavy weapon taker.

No problem Grey Mage, i'll dedicate his slaying to you!

WLK

I have not entered due to lacking a suitable model for combat.

(I've only got one Grey Hunter pack ready to roll and my painting stuff isn't accessible)

Perhaps next time I shall enter, when I have had more time to ponder...

Wilhelm, one of the very few things I regret about being a mod is that I wont be able to decapitate you in the finals

Funny thing that a Witch gets spirited away before the day of reckoning, by "Higher powers" no less. :HQ:

Do you know a chap called Magnus?

Too stuffy to actually train those honorable close combat skills- I bet your the squads heavy weapon taker.

I guess we know how you feel about those Long Fangs of yours, eh?

These days there's no respect for the elders anymore *shakes head*

WLK

I guess you are talking in the third person Kieran, as Seppuku is the only way you'll be able to dedicate your slaying to anyone. ;)

Wilhelm, one of the very few things I regret about being a mod is that I wont be able to decapitate you in the finals

Funny thing that a Witch gets spirited away before the day of reckoning, by "Higher powers" no less. :HQ:

Do you know a chap called Magnus?

Yes, us educated types know the names of our enemies.

And surely your not saying that Brother Argos is anything less than the embodiment of the emperors righteousness.

Too stuffy to actually train those honorable close combat skills- I bet your the squads heavy weapon taker.

Again, us educated types know the organization of our lesser brethren, the templars. ;)

WLK

I guess you are talking in the third person Kieran, as Seppuku is the only way you'll be able to dedicate your slaying to anyone. ;)

I dunno Wilhelm, Im not sure you have the moxy, but I look forward to seeing your end anyways.

You may claim to thrive on combat...and it might even be true. But you are superior to me in only one way....You are far better at dying.

Now if only they let you come over here to qualify,so that I don't have to chop through as many people to get to you. Not to mention the likelihood of anyone more skilled then a baby faced Blood Claw taking your head.

Yes, us educated types know the names of our enemies.

And surely your not saying that Brother Argos is anything less than the embodiment of the emperors righteousness.

Magnus knew lots and lots :lol:

I'm not besmirching Brother Argos at all. I was talking of those who talk to you through the bones you caste. :)

Again, us educated types know the organization of our lesser brethren, the templars. :P

I was talking about your lack of respect for Heavy weapon operators :P

Well according to fluff, dear brother, it is you from the Lesser Chapter.

"...where Astarters of lesser chapters wear the Emperor's Aquila. We do not wear His symbol. We are His symbol." ~ Helsreach.

I guess you are talking in the third person Kieran, as Seppuku is the only way you'll be able to dedicate your slaying to anyone. :P

I dunno Wilhelm, Im not sure you have the moxy, but I look forward to seeing your end anyways.

We are 4th ed. They didn't give out moxy ;) like the candy you lot get with your showtime 5th ed. Codex :P

You may claim to thrive on combat...and it might even be true. But you are superior to me in only one way....You are far better at dying.
Says one who's primarch went in to the eye of terror looking for the worming tablets that the Lunar Wolves stole, so because his legion were dragging there backsides and missed the battle for Terra.

Will look forward to your neutering, brother wolf.

To bad I won't be purging the witch that you are, Grey Mage, will happily slay those that you send forward in your stead.

Original post updated with pic of mini (partially and poorly painted I might add, but should be sufficient for the Duel).

And to all non-wolves competing in the Blood Duel, (especially those that dare show their faces in the Fang) realize this:

Us Wolves will be merrily celebrating each victory with an ale; while each of you that inevitably fall to our teeth & claws slink back to your cells to pray for redemption. :P

Says one who's primarch went in to the eye of terror looking for the worming tablets that the Lunar Wolves stole, so because his legion were dragging there backsides and missed the battle for Terra.

Will look forward to your neutering, brother wolf.

To bad I won't be purging the witch that you are, Grey Mage, will happily slay those that you send forward in your stead.

Lets see....how about we compare what the two Primarchs did during that time period. Russ destroyed the home planet of a Traitor Legion and snapped the back of its Primarch with his bare hands. This he did at the order of the Emperor..and that is why he wasn't there for the battle of Terra. Dorn got lost on the way home and thus missed most of the heresy.Then he built the defenses...that didn't hold. Then he didn't keep the Emperor from gettting fatally wounded.

wreck, you did well to remember we all failed those days. not a single one of us should call out for any of the other primarchs or legions failing their duty!

remember the true enemy! the xenos and oathbreakers!

*now wanders back to his oak table taking another sip of his stein of ale*

Lets see....how about we compare what the two Primarchs did during that time period. Russ destroyed the home planet of a Traitor Legion and snapped the back of its Primarch with his bare hands. This he did at the order of the Emperor..and that is why he wasn't there for the battle of Terra. Dorn got lost on the way home and thus missed most of the heresy.Then he built the defenses...that didn't hold. Then he didn't keep the Emperor from gettting fatally wounded.

*tuts*

Bloomin' cheek

*shakes head*

Young Wolves these days

*tuts*

Bloomin' cheek

Rogal Dorn and the Imperial Fists were pulled from the front-line duty of Siege and Urban (the hardest warfare) warfare and being the Ace-in-the-hole (helping other Legions in breaking a deadlock) *as per Index Astartes*

to hanging out with the Emperor and fortifying Terra, at the Emperors command *as per Index Astartes*

This was because

Don't read unless you have read A THOUSAND SONS!

The Emperor wanted the webway system in secure hands.

He also wanted Magnus to pilot the thing

*as per A Thousand Sons*

We were doing the Emperor's Will.

Now as for the SW

Don't read unless you have read A THOUSAND SONS.

Whilst doing what the Emperor commanded, Russ was swayed by "the honeyed words of Horus and the sinister urgings of Constantin Valdor, each spoken with very different purposes, but designed to sway Russ towards a destination of total destruction" pg 535.

That must mean that the Emperor did not tell Russ to destroy Magnus, as Russ would not need to be swayed to total destruction, but left that as the last resort should Magnus resisted the Emperor's command to return to Terra.

Horus and Valdor fooled Russ into thinking the only way was the last option the Emperor had given.

So yes, the SW did follow the Emperor's command, but Horus and Valdor subverted it and so the SW did not really follow the Emperor's will.

The SW were puppets of Horus. They did Horus's will, first and foremost.

Truly, my dear Magnus may have indeed been beyond redemption, and even returning to Terra would have only been to face the Emperor before being cut down, but we do not know that for sure. Alas, the beast called RetCon is a wicked creature.

Meanwhile, back on Terra, 3 Legions+Castle cannot fend off 2+3 Legions (only the IW and WE actually persisted in the siege)+Daemons for 3 months in one of the most absurd pieces of fluff for even for a SciFan setting.

What castle cannot turn aside triple its number easily, let alone double and that for only some of the time. :rolleyes:

Then the Emperor decides to leave the Castle and fight Horus. How can you defend someone when they walk into the lion's mouth? :wacko:

I don't even know where you are getting that Dorn got lost from, you'll have to clarify that for me. :)

Afterwards, having recovered the bodies of Sanguinius and the Emperor, and being overwhelmed by a sense of shame for failure (that was naught to do with him) Dorn plunges into depression.

Seeking vengeance on the actual Traitors

*not those he was manipulated into attacking, Leman Russ*

he smashes them, uprooting Traitor strongholds from Terra to the Eye of Terror, whilst getting politically blind-sided by tHLoT and his brother Guilliman, getting attacked by the Imperial Navy and being forced into splitting his Legion and so being punished for the sins of the Traitors.

So if you think anyone has exceeded Dorn during the Heresy events, I think you are muchly mistaken. :pinch:

Hell I am almost tempted to build something from the SpaceWolf codex and enter here *read Almost* and Pull Chainer Master of the Rage Cheif Libby of the Flesh Tearers, I would have expected to see this forum fill its quota first Yet all I see is ALOT of idle chit chat and not alot of the Sons of Russ ready for inter chapter sport and yet I see you being riled by none less a member of a Second Founding, I too may be of the Second founding BUT I too was the First In line to Taste the Blood of my ene..I mean freindly sport between chapters. So If this Tearer of Flesh trumps the Chapters of Sanguinius and proceeds to the inter geneseed combat I will see fit to go against the best of your forum.

But this is all in jest Brothers May the Flesh Tearers and the Sons of Russ meet on the feild of Combat once more.

now Wilhelm, lets not go off saying things until we get the FULL story now...I think a scribe named Abnett or some such has light to shed on what truely happened in those bleak times...

we wouldnt want anybody to go around looking like a fanatic now would we??

the older Wolves know the actions of our First Founding Brothers and respect them for it. dont let the words of a excited pup get your dress in a knot now.

WLK

I claimed my spot in this within the first 30 minutes of it being announced. But to answer your question Wilhelm,Dorn was delayed by Warp Storms,the same as Russ was,which your brother chose to use as a taunt against the Sons of Russ.And in just as foolish a choice as heading into the Fang to start a fight,he then chose to begin a battle of words with a Skald..not allways the best option.

And yes....I would fully agree that the setup for the assault on Terra was not really reasonable.Especially given how this bastion was supposed to be stronger then the Fang,and we kept an entire legion off of it with less then 200 men.(Thousand Sons and their sneak attack on the fang when only a single great company there to defend it.) So yes...there should have been no way they would have fallen except from a really really extended assault,far longer then it was.

Now some might say that the Emperor chose to sacrifice himself to save Terra and the Legions of Space Marines.

Regardless...the point at hand is that there is a Templar or two that really needs an Axeblade attitude adjustment.

now Req, while i like your passion, comparing the traitor's invasion of the Fang and the Siege of the Imperial Palace are two different things.

while you two seem dead set on having your own war of words, why dont we just settle down and let our combat do the talking for us.

WLK

But this is all in jest Brothers May the Flesh Tearers and the Sons of Russ meet on the feild of Combat once more.

C:SW pg 19. Honour's End.

Don't go nibbling the fans now Whitefire :D

now Wilhelm, lets not go off saying things until we get the FULL story now...I think a scribe named Abnett or some such has light to shed on what truely happened in those bleak times...

we wouldnt want anybody to go around looking like a fanatic now would we??

the older Wolves know the actions of our First Founding Brothers and respect them for it. dont let the words of a excited pup get your dress in a knot now.

WLK

Well it's not half as fun as going off with a half-deck :P

*ahem* Anyway, don't assume that just because it is the SW's account, it is the all-encompassing truth.

Russ would not have known Horus was a snake, etc.

Prospero Burns will enforce Russ's beliefs, and probably many SW fans. But we know that Russ is not omniscent, and is quite fallible.

I always thought Russ was duped. He was duped because Horus was the master politician -> and thus suited the role of Warmaster.

And because Horus played on Russ's bigotry towards Magnus. The SW are convinced that their powers come from Fenris ~ no way, they use the warp too. I look forwards to seeing if this belief *of SW hypocrisy/naivity/whatever* gets confirmed, or I'll have to eat humble pie and change my assumption.

Inflammable Russ made a nuisance of himself with the Lion, too. Even C:SW says Russ was more galled by the Lion sweeping all before him than by being exposed to a flank assault.

Russ is like nitroglycerine ~ danger! handle with care!

I'm not hyper-faithful, you're all hypo-faithful! :P

My tabard doesn't burn, doesn't knot and doesn't stain. :teehee:

nd yes....I would fully agree that the setup for the assault on Terra was not really reasonable.Especially given how this bastion was supposed to be stronger then the Fang,and we kept an entire legion off of it with less then 200 men.(Thousand Sons and their sneak attack on the fang when only a single great company there to defend it.) So yes...there should have been no way they would have fallen except from a really really extended assault,far longer then it was.

Now some might say that the Emperor chose to sacrifice himself to save Terra and the Legions of Space Marines.

Regardless...the point at hand is that there is a Templar or two that really needs an Axeblade attitude adjustment.

So Dorn didn't let the Emperor die then.... :sweat:

Axeblade adjustment?! I'll give you an Axeblade adjustment ! ;) !

*goes off to change weapons configuration for Arena of Blood*

:lol:

Archived