"Blood Duel" Arena of Death Competition

Brother Tyler

.....I would have expected to see this forum fill its quota first Yet all I see is ALOT of idle chit chat and not alot of the Sons of Russ ready for inter chapter sport .....

Personally I would have expected more entries.

Of course I can now see that all of the Long Fangs here respect my Wulfen entry and realize that he will take the title. No more SW need to apply, we have a winner already, me. :D

I've got no suitable figures for entry, so I can't join.

Otherwise I would pick a Lone Wolf with Storm Bolter and Thunder Hammer and some other stuff. But as said, I won't have a prepration ready. Since I don't want to touch more independant figures until I am sure of my painting hand.

Don't worry, I haven't just been pull tails here. The Smurfs are nicely riled up too. Everyone one else seems not to reply.

Will look forward to seeing your Champion getting put down like a mangy hound by the Black Templars Champion. All it would take is a rolled power newspaper!

Don't worry, I haven't just been pull tails here. The Smurfs are nicely riled up too. Everyone one else seems not to reply.

Will look forward to seeing your Champion getting put down like a mangy hound by the Black Templars Champion. All it would take is a rolled power newspaper!

Its a fine line trying to make a verbal barb effective,without it going overboard. It isn't allways possible. In the interest of good taste I am removing my prior comment,and replacing it with this one :You Templars are short, your ugly,and your Primarch Grandpappy dresses you funny.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the long delay, but real life has been kicking all of us in the butt.

Here are the Round 1 match ups:

• Kelgrin Stormclaw vs Wolf Guard Miijal Swiftrend
  • Damian the Skald vs Wolf Guard Battle Leader Asvald Hotspur
  • Wolf Guard Garm Ironhand vs Lars Wraithdoom, Wolf Guard Battle Leader
  • Brother Gromgol, the Lost vs Asgot the Godi

I intend to run the battles either Wednesday (if I'm able to get the characters validated) or Thursday (if not), so I'll need everyone's special instructions ASAP. If you don't have any special instructions for your character based on who he's facing, you don't need to send me anything.

Also note that due to the overlong delays in getting this started, there won't be any batreps posted for Round 1. I just don't have time with all of the other stuff going on. So I'll have the battle results and Round 2 battle match ups posted by Thursday. Sorry for cheesing on the batreps for this round, but I'm just too busy with lots of other stuff and everyone has waited long enough. I should have time for batreps for Round 2 and forward, though.

So if anyone wants a particular style of fighting or behavior send them to me so I know how to give your champion's justice.

Just make sure you make my KierKier look good. He's a very brave fighter and gets good grades at school. The teacher says he is a very polite student and shows much potential in the arts and crafts classes. I make sure he has a good lunch each day, and include protein for power and muscle development and carbohydrates so he only needs a nap when he comes home. I also like to include something sugary as he has a sweet tooth and because he is very good, so I like to reward him.

As long as his vest doesn't get untucked, he should be fine. He gets chilled kidneys otherwise and then the sniffles.

*wraps favour around Lars neck*

¡Go Larsy!

WOWOWOO!

So if anyone wants a particular style of fighting or behavior send them to me so I know how to give your champion's justice.

Just make sure you make my KierKier look good. He's a very brave fighter and gets good grades at school. The teacher says he is a very polite student and shows much potential in the arts and crafts classes. I make sure he has a good lunch each day, and include protein for power and muscle development and carbohydrates so he only needs a nap when he comes home. I also like to include something sugary as he has a sweet tooth and because he is very good, so I like to reward him.

As long as his vest doesn't get untucked, he should be fine. He gets chilled kidneys otherwise and then the sniffles.

*wraps favour around Lars neck*

¡Go Larsy!

WOWOWOO!

There are posts here on the B&C that give me a chuckle. Maybe a small laugh.

I dont remember the last time i actually "Lol"'ed from a post here.

so thank you for that.

now Req, if you would like to include the good Marshal in my fan club, than by all means please do so. pom-poms are optionally of course.

WLK

*chuckles* i will without a doubt include the good Marshal in the story of your fight or fights. I might even include Marshal Wilhelm in there too. Will do my best to represent everyone in the stories well. Especially since it will probably be my only involvement since I will end up being knocked out in the first round Im afraid.

*chuckles* i will without a doubt include the good Marshal in the story of your fight or fights. I might even include Marshal Wilhelm in there too. Will do my best to represent everyone in the stories well. Especially since it will probably be my only involvement since I will end up being knocked out in the first round Im afraid.

just make sure that we have enough room from Wilhelm and his ego...say a battle barge?

WLK

You all won't be quite so chipper when I become

Wil-Helm

CHAMPION

of the

UNIVERSE

By the power of Grey Skull White

and sport a blonde bob, as per Baal fashion.

I remember whom art cheeky. I remember.

I think after this duel is over, with Gromgol as champion obviously =), we should gift Wilhelm to the Iron Priests. They could hook him up to the forges as a replacement for the bellows.

You all won't be quite so chipper when I become

Wil-Helm

CHAMPION

of the

UNIVERSE

By the power of Grey Skull White

and sport a blonde bob, as per Baal fashion.

I remember whom art cheeky. I remember.

I think after this duel is over, with Gromgol as champion obviously =), we should gift Wilhelm to the Iron Priests. They could hook him up to the forges as a replacement for the bellows.

Oh, show some mercy to Iron Priests! They do not deserve such treatment to have to spend whole days listening to Willie!

The Results of the first battle. Battleleader Kelgrin Stormclaw VS Wolf Guard Miijal Swiftrend.

Winner Miijal Swiftrend

The hush fell over the Pit of Trials in the depths of the Fang.Ranks of Wolves stood in a rough semi circle around the pit,awaiting the yearly Clashing of the Shields. This year the competition was opened to all within the Fang.

From opposite sides of the semi-circle stepped the first two warriors,to the cheers and howls of the spectators.First to raise his weapons in the salute of challenge was Miijal Swiftrend,who won his spot in the Wolfguard decades ago. The Terminator armor he wore shone in the firelight,the energy sheathing the twin wolf claws he carried glowing with a soft blue light as he raised them above his head and gave a howl of challenge,which was eagerly taken up by his opponent as he stepped into the circle. Kelgrin Stormclaw,trusted battle leader to his Lord and the greatest of his Wolf Guard.Clashing his own wolfclaw against the boss of his Storm Shield,his lighter power armor giving his movements a grace and speed that it seeemed the slower Wolfguard would not be able to match.

As the Grey Mage raised his staff and called for the fight to begin,both sprang forward to the attack. Kelgrin's charge stuttered to a stop as the heavier Terminator-clad Wolfguard sprang forward,slamming into the battle-leader's shield with a great crash,forcing him back a step.Unleashing a rapid succession of heavy punches to Kelgrin's stomach, Mijaal sought to dig the blades of his claws in, but Kelgrin's stormshield had covered his vitals,leaving nothing for his claws to catch. With a snarl as he sprung away, Mijaal slammed an elbow towards Kelgrin's face, but he turned at the last second and turned it to a glancing blow and using the spin into a low swing at Mijaal's feet,first with the blades of his claw and then the metal rim of his shield,slamming into Mijaal's knee and crushing the metal plate and digging into the knee beneath. As his knee collapsed beneath him,Miijal brought both wolf claws up into Kelgrin's stomach,digging through the power armor and inflicting deep punctures. Kelgrin let loose a gasp and then bared his throat,surrendering.

As the two limped apart,both saluted each other and then the Statue of Leman Russ carved to watch over the pit of trials. At the edge of the circle,Marshal Wilhelm stood,his Black armor a shiny counterpoint to the lighter colored armor of the Wolves. Passing a full ale stein into Kelgrin's shaking hand,Wilhelm supported the injured Wolf towards the care of the Wolf Priests.

(This one was fairly even till the very end,with many hits some wounds and a whole bunch of saves,all told a very good fight from both contestants.When writing it I did in fact accidentally forget about Wilhelm wanting to be wearing the pom poms and cheering him on)

Wolfguard Battleleader Asvald Hotspur Vs Wolf Priest Damian the Skald.

Winner Asvald Hotspur.

After the heated first battle,the current of excitement in the room was contagious. Allready several younger Blood Claws had been 'reminded' of proper behavior in the hall as a impromptu between bout amusement. As before,a hush fell over the crowd as the next two stepped forward.

First was Damian the Skald,his red hair shining in the firelight,the Crozius axe and plasma pistol raised above his head.He stepped into the circle and let loose a low,slowly raising howl. Opposite him,Asvald hotspur stepped,a cocky smile on his face.In a intricate salute,both Wolves raised their plasma pistols into the air and then sheathed them,stepping forward and paused,their fingers hovering over their pistols. Each was well known for their skill and speed with the Plasma pistols that were so commonly entrusted to elder Wolves. The air between the two became tense,as both watched intently for the other to make the first twitch of movement,that would turn the waiting into a flurry of movement and fire.

It was Asvald's fingers who moved first but Damian's hands were the faster,drawing in one smooth movement and bringing the pistol to bear,shooting from the hip.Asvald had just brought his pistol to bear,drawing a bead on the Skald,when a small explosion erupted,centered on the red-haired wolf priest. As Damian screamed,his hand blackened and bloodied from the pistol's power supply exploding,Asvald's shot clipped Damian's uninjured shouler,spinning the Skald around and sliding him out of the ring,burnt and unconcious. With a flourish and salute,Asvald holstered his pistol and raised his fists in the air to the cheers of the crowd.

(Apparently,not only did I get to write about my own champions demise,I got all the fun of recording it as a flawless victory for his opponent. After winning the Initiative,He rolled a 1 to hit and then a 1 on his armor save,then a 1 on Asvald's return shot. Some days the dice hate you lol.)

Well... A win is a win even if it comes as a result of the "Gets Hot!" rule. ;)

These plasma pistols of ours are touchy things; you never know when they're going to blow up in your face...

On that note, time for some ale!!!

*Walks over to Skald, helps him up, slaps him on the pauldron, and gifts him a huge tankard of Wolf Whizz Ale*

I think we know who got lucky this time, brother! Now... let's head over to Warhorse's Landraider for some of his grot's famous BBQ! I'm buyin'!

EDIT: Thanks for the great write up Req.

Archived