Screams of Despair Night Lords WIP -Midnight Clad WE PG 8-

Wicced

Well done on the pose and feet in particular. :tu:

Could you post a complete bits list for him?

thanks brother i couldn't have done it without your idea for the feet ;)

here the list of parts (sadly i can't remember where the claws on his hands are from, they're some of those ancient bitzbox relics i think we all got)

-head: ulric the slayer

-shoulder pads: forgeworld mk3 with added GS and chaos trophy skull and i think CSM sprue

-arms: various loyalist SM sprues

-hands: forgeworld assault sprue and sanguine guard or grey knight sprue

-torso and legs: berzerker sprue

-feet: chaos trophy skull for the foot and dark eldar blade thingies for the claws

-jump pack: maxmini iron pattern jump pack and metal wings from the night lords head sprue

-the plate on his torso is maxmini (not sure about this one)

-2 grenades from the berzerker sprue

• 4 months later...
Well done on the pose and feet in particular. :lol:

Could you post a complete bits list for him?

thanks brother i couldn't have done it without your idea for the feet ;)

here the list of parts (sadly i can't remember where the claws on his hands are from, they're some of those ancient bitzbox relics i think we all got)

-head: ulric the slayer

-shoulder pads: forgeworld mk3 with added GS and chaos trophy skull and i think CSM sprue

-arms: various loyalist SM sprues

-hands: forgeworld assault sprue and sanguine guard or grey knight sprue

-torso and legs: berzerker sprue

-feet: chaos trophy skull for the foot and dark eldar blade thingies for the claws

-jump pack: maxmini iron pattern jump pack and metal wings from the night lords head sprue

-the plate on his torso is maxmini (not sure about this one)

-2 grenades from the berzerker sprue

Nice builds sir

thank you very much (even if it's a little threadomancy :D )

hobby time is sparse at the moment, but i just ordered a box of the newly released raptors and hope to find some time to explore the new sprues.

meanwhile my painter is working on some of my guys and i'll post some pics of the finished NLs in the near future.

• 3 weeks later...

so, with all the new night lord warbands out there, i feel compelled to update again ;)

i'm currently working on many different projects and gotta admit it's kinda chaotic (which is good of course)

my buddy who paints my models, has been busy too and now without further ado, on to the pictures.

3 finished guys

gallery_54817_5140_46760.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_23236.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_87600.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_103688.jpg

and some WIPs some with paint, some just kitbashed together recently

gallery_54817_5140_67975.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_133949.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_29023.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_90508.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_114116.jpg

and some WIPs some with paint, some just kitbashed together recently

C&C appreciated as ususal

Looks awesome brother what's your brass recipe if U don't mind

Thanks brother, recipe is as follows:

-black basecoat

-vallejo model air 71.069 Rust

-brown ink(old GW color) 1:1 with water

-light controlled drybrush vallejo model air 71.068 copper

-heavily diluted (1:6 with water) jade green (old GW color)

Not sure which colors of the new GW range may be used to substitute the old GW colors.

next up, some more kitbashed marines and hopefully some of the new raptors, damn where's that mailman? :lol:

Nicely done Wicced. What parts did you use for spikes on the missle launcher? Might have to borrow that, been sorta stumped as to how to chaos-ify the SM launchers.

thanks brother!

i used the tips of the spike railings from the chaos vehicle sprue

Looks awesome brother what's your brass recipe if U don't mind

Thanks brother, recipe is as follows:

-black basecoat

-vallejo model air 71.069 Rust

-brown ink(old GW color) 1:1 with water

-light controlled drybrush vallejo model air 71.068 copper

-heavily diluted (1:6 with water) jade green (old GW color)

Not sure which colors of the new GW range may be used to substitute the old GW colors.

next up, some more kitbashed marines and hopefully some of the new raptors, damn where's that mailman? :)

Thanks brother

• 4 weeks later...

end of the month, time for a little update :cuss

two more guys finished (they look brighter in the pictures than they actually are)

gallery_54817_5140_113169.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_82912.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_99126.jpg

onto the next one

gallery_54817_5140_157574.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_78252.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_65040.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_8004.jpg

c&c very welcome as usual and thanks for looking!

Eyes are amazing. How does it look with the bolter stuck on the bottom of the backpack? Sounds like it might look a bit odd but it looks good from what I can see.

On a side note brother where are you getting all these cool little combat knives? Are they from an ork kit? I'm pretty tired of the same old CSM/SM box set knives...

@tanith:

thanks mate!

the bolter on the backpack works fine for me. i've got some guys with weapons in different positions on their packs, maglock FTW i guess :cuss

if you're referring to the second guys "little" knife, it's indeed an ork blade, but i'm at a loss from which kit exactly, cuz it came from a truly ancient bitzbox ;)

Most of my combat knives from chaos or loyalist sprues end up as blades on powerfists to make lightning claws anyway :D

the new dark eldar range also offers a nice selection of plastic blades for knives or armor decorations.

• 3 months later...

long time no see and my hobby drive is kinda simmering on low at the moment.

i'm currently slowly butchering FWs lord zhufor model with an exacto knife to clean and then "nightlordize" him for use as a counts as abaddon for my warband, but there are just so many khorne symbols wallbash.gif

meanwhile my friend who paints my guys finished two more to join the fray against the corpse emperors minions.

brother albino or frankenstein as my friend calls him:

gallery_54817_5140_28529.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_54117.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_62526.jpg

and not yet named brother with a jury rigged *cough* i mean relic melterwhistlingW.gif

gallery_54817_5140_76679.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_55525.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_22221.jpg

as usual c&c is very welcome

Nice mate, gotta ask though, what is the blade thing on his left arm? Using it as a lightning claw?

it's some bitzbashed doodle i created in a fit of modelling madnesswink.png and yes it's probably gonna be a lightning claw or maybe just a fancy close combat weapon.

Wow,

when I decided to revive my 20year old Night Lords I had no idea that so many people all over the world were doing the same, I've never met another NL player...

Not only that but every Night Lord fan on here seems to be churning out awesome minis from huge Bitz piles! I really like the Auto cannon guy ( know you posted him up last year but I'm new around here). The wrist blade on your relic melta guy is way cool, kinda like the combat blades in the republic commando game from yesteryear. I just hope I can keep up smile.png

Archived