Screams of Despair Night Lords WIP -Midnight Clad WE PG 8-

Wicced

@Sgt.Slaughter: the glow effects are done with UV glow pigment from PK-Pro (i think its a german brand)

@Tanith Ghost: thanks brother, the wings are done with GS.

i used a piece of transparent plastic (a cd cover in this case) to model them on and made them thin enough, to be able to bend them and superglue in place.

i put a piece of transparent tape on each side of the cover, to make it easier to remove the cured GS. on each of the tape strips i then modeled a triangle. (easier to make them congruent on the transparent coverwhistlingW.gif )

with a clayshaper i made two impressions in the triangle, so that 3 "fingers" remain raised

quick paint mock up to clarify, what i'm rambling about. the red areas are the impressions.

gallery_54817_8987_6330.jpg

then you have to even out the fingers and maybe bend them a little and work some small folds in the impressions.

the last step is to cut a little semicircle out of the areas between the fingers so that the tips stick out a bit and add a small piece of GS as "thumb" on the uppermost fingerbone.

after it's cured just pull them off the cover with the tape, remove the tape and you are ready to glue them wherever you want. (as long as they're thin enough they bend quite well.)

and yes, i did all that, because i couldn't model two identical wings directly onto the modelwallbash.gif

paintwise, they're based with mechrite red (foundation) followed by multiple glazes with purple ink (GW), blood red and 1-2 layers of glow pigment with varnish and water. all of the paints are heavily thinned.

i hope all that makes sense tongue.png

Just because that blue seems a bit bright for the VIII legion but it might be the camera too.

must indeed be the lighting in the pictures, it's not that bright in real life :wink:

• 2 months later...

Non picture update ;)

To stop my modelling blues i ebayed parts for a fw night raptor and worked on my wip superhero pose raptors legs a little.

Hopefully this will restart my vibe and i can show you some pictures soon :tu:

i didn't order the raptor i mentioned before with a jump pack, because i thought of customizing one of my spare sanguine guard packs.

a quick phone camera teaser while i eagerly await the ordered parts wink.png

i still need to fill some gaps with green stuff, and remove some scraping residue, but you get the idea.

i think i'll call it the Wicced PatternwhistlingW.gif

gallery_54817_5140_479282.jpg

some minimal update today, i made a quick mock up of the Wicced Pattern jump pack on the new raptors body. bear in mind, that it's very WIP wink.png

gallery_54817_5140_35394.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_507402.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_259749.jpg

i like the dynamic look it gives the bulky jumppack :tu:

• 8 months later...

soooo, it has been a while since i last posted and sadly i haven't done anything modelling wise lately.

and before anyone challenges me to a murder duel over threadomancy, i'll post some pics of two recently finished modelsmsn-wink.gif

the first is my counts as Khârn:

gallery_54817_5140_241727.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_413846.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_102681.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_271403.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_204273.jpg

and another raptor:

gallery_54817_5140_279344.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_286679.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_23284.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_328938.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_50004.jpg

cheers you guys and make sure to leave me some feedback :tu:

• 2 months later...

no new modelling since i dislocated my shoulder, but my mate who paints my guys has been busy and i snapped a few WIP shots, while i visited him today.

they're crappy cellphone cam pics i know, but they're meant as a sneak peakmsn-wink.gif

it kicked my hobby drive up a big notch to know that sooner or later 13 new souls will join my warband in midnight clad!

these two are a good preview i think, because they show the worn and gritty look i wanted for them. they have been weathered with piments and need just a few finishing touches and the eye glow. the lightning looks a little washed out, because the camera flash reacted with the uv pigments.

as usual c&c is very welcome!

custom bolter

gallery_54817_5140_163739.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_681922.jpg

two axes are better than one

gallery_54817_5140_77531.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_994190.jpg

Really like that first marine and the weathering pigments look like they're coming along pretty well. The second guy's pose seems a bit off to me though mate, could just be the camera angle but can't really tell what he's supposed to be doing. I do like the variation of jump packs too by the way. Good to see some stuff from ya though mate.

Thanks mate, it's the camera angle I guess, he's pushing off a rock with his foot and is angled a little towards his left axe. Not my best posing, but looks much better in real life :wink:

another night, another blade in the dark erm i mean another sneak previewmsn-wink.gif

these are from the same batch as the last guys i posted and need some final details like eye or plasma glow for example.

first is the yet unnamed (suggestions?) leader of my warp corrupted raptor claw bearing his signature chain tonfas and blazing warplight from eyes and mouth

gallery_54817_5140_954331.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_1035592.jpg

next we have brother Targhis with his customized bolter and earless bunny helmet

gallery_54817_5140_507553.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_434434.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_714348.jpg

and last but not least is brother Terakh, rocking his vintage iron armour and his favourite plasma toy

gallery_54817_5140_786036.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_353001.jpg

lemme know what you think!

That face is really cool. thumbsup.gif

thank you! it was an experiment, my painter came up with the greenish skin tone, but it looked just sick insted of corrupted. i had the idea with the red eye glow to contrast the green and i love how it turned outteehee.gif

Archived