Screams of Despair Night Lords WIP -Midnight Clad WE PG 8-

Wicced

Wow,

when I decided to revive my 20year old Night Lords I had no idea that so many people all over the world were doing the same, I've never met another NL player...

Not only that but every Night Lord fan on here seems to be churning out awesome minis from huge Bitz piles! I really like the Auto cannon guy ( know you posted him up last year but I'm new around here). The wrist blade on your relic melta guy is way cool, kinda like the combat blades in the republic commando game from yesteryear. I just hope I can keep up smile.png

thanks for the kind words brother and of course welcome to the 8th legion here on bolter and chainsword!

just had a look at your gallery and i really like your night lords too, my favourite would be the terminators thumbsup.gif

and yes, there is indeed a lot of us sons of the lightless world around. and i entirely blame Aaron Dembski Bowden for this wink.png

Thank you for the welcome.

and yes, there is indeed a lot of us sons of the lightless world around. and i entirely blame Aaron Dembski Bowden for this wink.png

Yep curse that man he goes and produce's an amazing set of books and inspires half the world wink.png

Not me though sweat.gif have read 'Core' only, not so much for inspiration.

I guess everyone forget about DtD, his 18th... and also all the options that VIII Legion offers.

DtD? have I missed something? I'm embarassed to say I dont know what this is. I do however know what you mean with all the options that VIII legion offers. I havent enjoyed planning out an army and then modeling it so much in years!

DtD? have I missed something?

Well... Dan the Daemon, 'primus inter pares' here on the bolterandchainsword among Night Lords smile.png obviously it was he to whom I owe my choice.

of course, when i first thought about a chaos army i chose night lords because of ADBs books (soul hunter at that time), but then i looked into bolter and chainsword and found dans amazing night lords among many other great NL armies. since then i've just been stealing ideas from everywherewoot.gif

and darkven your guys did alot for my inspiration too :tu:

Wicced I steal most of my ideas from you....just sayin. :P

looks like i need to step up my game, so you don't run out of things to steal :p

and of course i'm honoured!

• 2 weeks later...

time for another little update, two more of my guys are finished...

brother dakka:

gallery_54817_5140_187449.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_39677.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_8674.jpg

brother wooosh:

gallery_54817_5140_13929.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_59479.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_121764.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_46011.jpg

c&c is appreciated as usual and Tanith Ghost i'm watching youwoot.gif

Nice Night Lord´s !

Some very cool conversions . didn't see the painted jet bike?.:tu:

Thanks alot guys!

The jetbike isn't painted yet, my friend, who is painting my guys is focussing on infantry at the moment.

You and your buddy are quite the hobby tag team cool.png

Is the gritty ceramic effect on the armour from airbrushing?

Mk5 Armour is just my favorite it looks so right on those enlightend enough to have slipped the corpse gods leash!

You and your buddy are quite the hobby tag team B)

Is the gritty ceramic effect on the armour from airbrushing?

Mk5 Armour is just my favorite it looks so right on those enlightend enough to have slipped the corpse gods leash!

thank you brother!

armor is indeed airbrushed and weathering is done with pigments.

mk5 is my favourite armor, closely followed by mk4.

Very cool Nightlords! Of all the things I've put those gargoyle heads on it never occurred to me that they would look that cool on a flamer. I'm going to have to do that for one of my guys.

Thanks man!

Trickiest part is to get that pilot light straight ;)

• 7 months later...

uh oh, long time since i last posted.

my modelling vibe has been very cranky for the last months and i didn't finish any of my projects.

buuuuuuuuuuuuut... my friend, who paints them for me, has finished a few more guys and so its update timewoot.gif

first up another plasma dude:

gallery_54817_5140_923593.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_347543.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_281295.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_423395.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_290353.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_36762.jpg

next up possible chosen:

gallery_54817_5140_972711.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_166979.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_119676.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_280713.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_63509.jpg

and last but not least, my new favourite, new avatar and a chosen for sure:

gallery_54817_5140_10624.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_1666962.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_473295.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_859294.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_23998.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_13269.jpg

as usual, thanks for looking and comments and critique can go to hell...erm i mean are very welcometeehee.gif

Ten-hut!

first off, i really like the colour scheme and the conversions.

you got some nice kitbashes, i especially like the raptor with the ulric head.

the face of the last guy with the lightning claws looks very creepy and the glow effects are awesome, how are the done?

keep it up!

Dissmissed!

@Sgt.Slaughter: thank you very much!

i've got to ask my painter about the glow effects, i know it's some kind of pigment, but i don't know the brand.

Ah an update! Very nice brother. Faces look especially good, blending is superb. tongue.png

thank you brother!

now i just have to revive my modelling vibe somehow, but since winter is coming, it might happen sooner than expectedwhistlingW.gif

Archived