Screams of Despair Night Lords WIP -Midnight Clad WE PG 8-

Wicced

@ Pearson73: thank you very much, glad you like him!

@ Tanith: thanks mate, i'll try to get some more pics of him for you msn-wink.gif his weapon is made from an old zerker chainsword blade with a grip attached to the motor section and a FW chain bayonet with it's own motor removed and attached to the front.

first off some more shots of my warp corrupted raptor champion for brother Tanith Ghost msn-wink.gif

gallery_54817_5140_279735.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_398626.jpg

and since boarding shields rock on toast laugh.png meet brother Hergex, his brothers often remark that he should've been an imperial fist, because of his stoic nature and talent for defensive maneuvers seldom seen in the 8th legion. many of those have ended their lives on the edge of his shield during a murder duel. (he is also the first finished model in this batch of 13 psychopaths)

gallery_54817_5140_957834.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_1040077.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_498937.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_657322.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_183944.jpg

as you can see, he's got the same glowing eyes as the champion, which is actually the same red glow all of my recent guys' eye lenses have. the yellow is a result of the camera flash in combination with the UV pigments. i have to get a black light bulb!

since my modelling vibe is strong and my shoulder allowed it, i made a quick mock up from old bitz and some stuff i ordered recently.

he's obviously missing some parts (backpack and meteor hammer head f.e.). his feet are half standard and half raptor, i did that quite often with the surplus claws the raptor kit offers.

i'm thinking of making him a raptor, repositioning the legs and replacing the resin chain with an actual one to give him a more dynamic pose.

well enough of my rambling and on to the pictures wink.png

gallery_54817_5140_756725.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_598374.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_691420.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_197060.jpg

@tanith: thanks mate, but i revised the meteor hammer guy a bit, i changed his legs and pose (a little) and since the meteor hammer didn't feel nightlordish enough, i devised the nostraman answer to it:

i proudly present the Nostraman Chain Whip wink.png

gallery_54817_5140_427839.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_506490.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_860379.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_551529.jpg

• 1 month later...

not a real update, more of an announcement.

had my shoulder surgery a week ago and it seems everything went well. so now i have to carry my arm in a sling day and night for 5 more weeks and i'm counting every day until i can get started with my stormwolf conversion (i think i'll call it nightwolf from now on wink.png ) and some other stuff i've planned biggrin.png

• 3 weeks later...

Since modelling still won't be an option for the next couple of weeks with my shoulder, i tried to write some fluff for my warband and i'm happy to present the first bit of it now.

c&c is most appreciated as usual. thank you in advance for taking the time reading it!

here goes :wink:

----------------------------------------------

The ship drifted on a warp current as the bridge doors opened with a grinding noise. Captain Pythas, leader of the Screams of Despair entered, The claws on his feet, that some of the Night Raptors had begun adding to their warplate, made clicking and scraping sounds on the floor and added another layer of scratches to the deck, while his jump pack occasionally whined with barely restrained power.

"Three months Kavos. Three months we've been chasing that vision of yours." Pythas growl-whispered through his fanged vox grill to the legionary standing before the main viewport.

Kavos didn't turn around to look at his captain and said in his typical educated tone, so unsuited for a son of the eighth legion:"I told you it would take time mylord, but the subject of my vision and the solution to our predicament is close, I can feel it."

Pythas made a snorting noise, that turned to a harsh bark through his helm. "I hope close means in the next couple of days, before our brothers get too bored and start entertaining themselves with the mortal crew, or before the aggression between the companies will reach a bloody boiling point“

He let the red eyelenses of his wolf skull helmet wander over the bridge crew, who tried their hardest not to get noticed, before continuing :"And I'm not sure how long the thrice damned tech adept can keep this heap of junk in the warp before it just breaks apart like a rotten skull."

Kavos didn't reply and insted lifted his staff and pointed out of the viewport.
“The waiting seems to be over mylord."

Pythas follwed the direction Kavos was indicating and called to the helmsman :"Bring us closer!"
Into the vox he growled:"All claws, prepare for boarding action!“

As the claws of the Screams of Despair prepared their weapons and armor and boarded their dreadclaws and the few remaining boarding torpedos, their battered and limping strike cruiser, which had so viciously been mauled by the Space Wolves in the recent campaign, closed the distance to the other ship drifting here in this relatively calm zone of the warp.

Pythas looked at the master of auspex, who reported promptly :"Minimal energy output only, no running lights or identifier beacon, but Gellar fields and life support are active Captain. The plasma reactors seem to be on lowest standby setting."

Kavos absently touched the skinbound book chained to his hip and added:"I can feel only a handful of souls, but they burn strongly and in regards to our target's nature, it's only logical that they're psykers and most likely the strongest of the surviving inmates.“

Pythas laughed before briefly sparking his lightning claws and stalking out of the bridge.

"It's a good thing we have you then my witchkin brother" He said before the bridge doors closed behind him.

----------------------------------------------

@Tanith: thanks man biggrin.png

@Capitano: Black Ship was right thumbsup.gif

as promised, here is part two of who knows how many. i hope you like it!

Hergex was a veteran of countless battles and had survived both Istvaan V and Terra, but he didn't like this one bit. He checked his bolter and his trusted combat shield for the umpteenth time and looked around the crew compartment of the Murder Claw.
He and his claw of five shared confines of the Kharbydis dreadclaw with Headsman Cyrax and his terror claw.

The men of this particular claw were given a wide berth by most of the other members of the recently amalgamated Screams of Despair. They were entirely engulfed in the application of fear and pain as weapons and in Hergex opinion were complete and utter psychopaths.
Cyrax, nicknamed The Red Handed was idly twirling the business end of his chain whip, while occasionally revving its motor. He had earned the moniker, because his hands had already been tattooed red in the Nostraman gang custom when he was inducted into the legion as a child.

He raised the bone visage of his helmet to look at Hergex and said:"I can hear you grinding your teeth over the vox brother, tell me what sours your mood?"

Hergex grunted and after a brief silence answered: "Not getting shot at during a boarding run just doesn't feel right to me. It's unnatural."

Cyrax sniggered and said:"We'll see combat soon enough my dour brother. “

Hergex gave another grunt and stared at the countdown to impact on his helmet display.

He put a bolt round through the head of one of the manic enemy crewmembers charging him and almost took the head of another with the edge of his shield. Around him his clawmates we're similarly butchering the mortals and that's all it was, plain and simple butchery. No finesse, no tactics, just wading through mortals soon to be offal.

Hergex didn't mind that, as long as there was a goal behind it, but he didn't enjoy it, like some of his brothers.

He wasn't sure if he had wished too hard for a real fight or if it was just bad luck. After the first few encounters with the seemingly deranged crew, they had met the first of the psykers the Black Ship had carried, before being stranded in the warp because of as of yet unknown reasons. A disheveled looking old man in tattered clothes had vaporized brother Hagons arm with some kind of warpflame before the rest of the claw had gunned him down.

Reports from the rest of their brothers were sporadic, but indicated good progress through the ship.

Hergex and his claw advanced into the next of the vast holds, used to secure the captured psykers, while he tried to reach Cyrax over the vox again:“By the Emperors rotting bones, where are you Cyrax? We were supposed to meet up in hold four, and we've cleared that without you already."
“We're hunting brother." came the rasping reply before the vox channel was closed again.
Of course. thought Hergex, who had long ago realized that discipline was used rather creative within the VIIIth legion.
Upon further advancing into the hold they found the remains of ten or maybe more crewmembers and psykers, brutally tortured and killed and displayed in all kinds of grisly arrangements.

Hergex inspected one made into a Blood Condor and said: "There is no more prey here brothers, let us leave The Red Handed and his kin to their hunt and link up with the captain and his raptors on the upper decks."

• 4 weeks later...

after a brief hiatus, i'm happy to present the next small chapter of fluff i wrote. I'd love some feedback and hope you guys and gals like it!

They had met little further resistance, a group of twenty maddened crewmembers being the only exception, before uniting with captain Pythas his raptor flock in the main corridor leading to the bridge.

Hergex walked over to Pythas and reported, 'Lower Decks are secure and the holds are clear. Sixth and eighth claw are watching the few prisoners we took. Headsman Cyrax reports the enginarium secured.'
Pythas turned to Hergex and said 'Very good brother. Kavos says the main source of pschic power is located on the bridge and that means it's the last obstacle keeping us from taking possession of our new ship.'

Kavos added 'I should be able to protect us from the worst of the psyker's attacks, but we have to stop him fast!'

Hergex nodded to his claw and they moved to the closed bridge bulkhead and after setting melta charges, stacked up next to the bulkhead. The raptors came down from the gantries and crouched just outside of the blast radius, ready to charge.

Kavos stood behind them. One hand on his staff, that emanated a soft green glow, the other on the book he had taken from a dead Thousand Sons legionary on Terra.

The instant the charges blew out the door, they charged in and immediately had to fight for ground, because the bridge was packed tight with former crew and prisoners.

Hergex and his squad opened fire and scores of the enemy fell, but the horde was barely diminished. Pythas and his raptors soared up and slammed back down, killing with their impact before wading into the enemy with claws and blades.

The enemy horde seemed endless, but slowly the enfilading fire of Hergex and his supporting squads in combination with the brutal assault of the raptors was showing results. Instead of one solid wave of bodies, the horde had split into multiple small packs, that were quickly isolated and ripped apart by the raptors frenzy and controlled bolter fire.

For the first time since charging onto the bridge, Pythas could see their primary target.

It was a middle-aged man who casually lounged on a makeshift dais, that looked like it was made out of golden armored corpses on the strategium table.
Around him sat and kneeled the former bridge crew with glazy eyes and dumbstruck drooling faces.

The man on the dais stood up and with an eerie smile said 'Look my beloved children, look how they cull the weak to impress me. They will make fine additions to our flock.'

Adressing the Astartes he said 'You may be stronger than any of my children, but we overcame the blank souled gaolers of this place and we will destroy you too, if you don't bend your knee to me!'

He drummed his fingers on the dais' armrest, that looked like a piece of gilded greave armor Kavos had once seen the Sisters of Silence wear, as barking laughter from Pythas' vox grille filled the bridge.
'We are the sons of the Night Haunter and we don't bend our knee to anyone.' into the vox he said 'The pompous one is all yours Kavos! Let's take the rest brothers!'

It looked to be another mindless slaughter, but then the psyker on the dais lifted his arms and the air began to crackle around him. 'You dare defy me? Your insolence shall be punished!' he screamed and purple lightning was arcing from his hands.
Most of the Astartes managed to evade the lightning, but two were blasted off their feet with holes blown through their armor. Kavos threw up a psychic shield and yelled 'We have to take him now, he is stronger than I anticipated.'

He forced a corridor to the dais by throwing enemies to the sides with a wave of his staff like they were toys. Pythas and a few of his veteran Night Raptors charged the psyker immediately but were thrown back by a kyne shield.
Kavos raised a hand and green fire spewed forth and spilled over the shield. It held a few more heartbeats and then it collapsed. The first raptor to pounce, was stopped mid jump and slammed into the wall with tremendous force by the psyker's power, killing him instantly. Another died to the lightning thrown from his hands before a bolt round from Hergex clipped the psyker's shoulder and broke his concentration for a moment.

Pythas didn't waste the opportunity and cannoned claws first into him with a burst from his jump pack.

His enemy hastily tried to raise another shield, but Pythas blew through it, barely registering any resistance. His lightning claws carved through the psyker's torso and he eviscerated him with the force of his charge in a shower of gore.
The rest of his brothers had killed or subdued the remaining mortals and he looked at Kavos, who knew his captain was smiling under his helmet. 'Well, that was interesting.' he said, looking down at his blood drenched and partially burned power armour. 'And it seems it was worth the effort.'
Kavos nodded and wandered off, inspecting the bridge and the prisoners they had taken.
Hergex approached his captain 'All claws report success. The ship is ours Captain. It will take some time to completely search the lower decks and sort through the remaining crew and prisoners, but the claws will appreciate the sport I reckon.'
Pythas gave an appreciative nod and opened a vox channel to the shipmaster of their crippled cruiser 'Shipmistress Gorska, begin with the scuttling and transfer all remaining crew and material over to our new ship.'
'Yes my lord. Tech adept Nullus is already onboard his personal shuttle with his servitors and enroute to the new vessel and I expect the complete transfer will take a month or maybe two, if no unforseen complications arise.'
'Very well shipmaster, tell the adept I'll meet him in the main hangar.' Adressing his brothers he said 'Secure the prisoners in the holds and secure all stations, I don't want any surprises.'

While his brothers patrolled the corridors or hunted in the lower decks of their new vessel, Pythas stood on the bridge and watched Shipmistress Gorska and her bridge crew in their new environment.

They had lost twelwe souls during the taking of the price and their loss would be felt in future battles, but the mission that had begun over three months ago with Kavos' vision had been successful.

They had not only taken the Black Ship, but had also managed to secure the surviving psykers after tech adept Nullus had reactivated the ship's secure holds.

Two months had passed, in which their old cruiser had been stripped of everything useful and their new ship had received some minor repairs to make it fully operational again.

Now there was only one more thing to do before they could leave. He had to name his new ship...

and here's where i need your help. I can't think of a cool name for a black ship that's also has a night lordish feel. so please hit me with your suggestions! wink.png

and of course thank you for taking the time reading my wall of text!

@Magnus Rynar: thanks mate! Knife in the Darkness is certainly worth considering. Echo of Despair is nice too, even if my warband and not their old vessel is named Screams of Despair wink.png

@ Auggie: thank you very much! yeah it's great to release some of the hobby thoughts piling up in my head msn-wink.gif the sling is gone since 3 days now and it feels soooooooo goodwoot.gif now i just gotta do physiotherapy to regain full mobility.

and where is your name suggestion? quit hugging the good names for your own warbandbiggrin.png

Some nice fluff there brother, loving the black ship idea :) keeping my eyes open for more

For the name, hmm, not sure how to tie in a black ship feel

The Spirit of Murder? I'll put my mind on to others

Glad you like it Aeternas!

there will definitely be more fluff in the future, not sure how soon though, because i still need to find a topic/setting for the next chapter msn-wink.gif

@ Auggie: thank you very much! yeah it's great to release some of the hobby thoughts piling up in my head msn-wink.gif the sling is gone since 3 days now and it feels soooooooo goodwoot.gif now i just gotta do physiotherapy to regain full mobility.

and where is your name suggestion? quit hugging the good names for your own warbandbiggrin.png

Name suggestion? Whadd'ryatalkinabout mate?

i'm talking about this mate:

and here's where i need your help. I can't think of a cool name for a black ship that's also has a night lordish feel. so please hit me with your suggestions! wink.png

Archived