Glory and Hate! A Marines Malevolent Project

Hyaenidae

One ticked-off Marine...

gallery_37532_5399_1358091.png

gallery_37532_5399_1202402.png

gallery_37532_5399_398012.png

gallery_37532_5399_660803.png

Ended up switching the BA head for a SW head with the sideburns shaved off. The BA head looked more like he was talking loud...the SW head looks more like he's screaming incoherantly, which is the goal, I guess, lol. I'm somewhat happy with the larger look to him, but my plasticard truescale technique needs some refinement. Ah well, not planning another large marine for a while anyway. Due to some constructive critisism from Dobermann, I've mostly restricted the chipping to friction areas as a test, and it seemed to work out well.

@mikhail: Wow, I actually forgot about the old double PF guy; he does look like him! I was actually planning a twin PF on my Chapter Master, whenever I get to him. That's a looooooong way down the road, though. Promise, though, you'll see him eventually.

@brother varen: My fluff ideas I'm literally making up as I go, just PM me and I'll answer any thoughts or questions. Great minds think alike, after all, lol. I'm going by a list, here ya go (Mind you, this is a BUILD list, please don't discuss tactics.)

Captain w/ Aux. Grenade Launcher, PF, bike

Marine squad [10 man] w/ melta, ML and Rhino w/ Extra Armour

Marine squad [10 man] w/ flamer, hvy bolter and Rhino w/ Extra Armour

Marine squad [10 man] w/ melta, MM and Rhino w/ Extra Armour

Scouts [5 man] w/ PF, Shotguns x2, CCW x2

LS Storm w/ MM

Bike squad [4 bikes], melta x2 , Attack bike w/ MM

Bike squad [4 bikes], flamer x2 , Attack bike w/ HB

Attack Bike Sq. [3 bikes], MM x2

I'm working on the Hvy Bolter squad right now, cuz I love to model Heavy Bolters! ;) And as for the size compaison...

gallery_37532_5399_3132538.png

Like I said, he IS larger, if he was standing straight up. Still gives him an imposing presence, though. Oh, and the unpainted guy next to him is up next. The Gladius and Grenade mix is looking kinda cool. And would be a awesome name for a bar, lol.

The reason hes so angry is he has lost his weapon. :D

Yeah, still thinking of how to incorperate a bolter on him. I'm thinking of adding a shattered 'Godwyn' pattern bolter at his feet, which would explain why he's so ticked, lol. I tried just sticking an intact one at his feet, but it looked terrible. Ah well...I'll update later when I can get something looking right on him.

The reason hes so angry is he has lost his weapon. :wallbash:

Yeah, still thinking of how to incorperate a bolter on him. I'm thinking of adding a shattered 'Godwyn' pattern bolter at his feet, which would explain why he's so ticked, lol. I tried just sticking an intact one at his feet, but it looked terrible. Ah well...I'll update later when I can get something looking right on him.

Twin combat blades?

Ludovic

The reason hes so angry is he has lost his weapon. :wallbash:

Twin combat blades?

Ludovic

I'd thought about that, but Dan the Daemon has done something similar to that with one of his Night Lords, and I don't want to seem like I'm copying him.

Dead or battered foes are ok, as long as it's done tastefully, but I already had an idea for my squad sergeant using a similar idea, and I really don't want more than one face-crushed foe in a squad. Good idea, though.

I would think 2 combat blades in hands and a broken or ammo spent bolter on the ground. You could also go with a "special" blade that is only used by the Malevolents like the tulwar of the White Scars.

Great pose though. Got to be careful with the two power fists though due to making it like Calgar of the Ultras.

Hope to see more Malevolents soon. Keep up the great work.

Quick update. Sorry about the delay, but it's the holidays here in the states, and family comes first. But, after they all go to bed... :tu: All these guys are still WIP, I'll get painting as soon as the green stuff dries.

First up, a tactial marine...kinda wanted a 'breach and clear' look to him.

gallery_37532_5399_96748.png

Next, a Heavy Bolter Marine. I chopped up a scout bolter for parts, and added a few spare drums of ammo hanging from straps on his back.

gallery_37532_5399_942483.png

Next is my big project, my flamethrower Marine. My best friend, and most vicious opponent, is a Death Guard player. So, a burning Plague Marine was a given at some point, lol.

gallery_37532_5399_2107169.png

gallery_37532_5399_1224291.png

gallery_37532_5399_3135204.png

The guy you all saw before, the gladius and grenade guy...well, I'm not sure what to do with him. He looks too cool to take back apart, but the gladius really gives him the impression that he's my squad's Sergeant, which he is not. -Sigh-...I'll figure something out.

@ Goose: There ya go, man. One dead guy, lol.

@ Varen: No, I promise my Chapter Master will look nothing like Calgar...not a chance in hell, lol!

@ tagsta: Short Sword guy is not the Sergeant, sorry. I got a much better idea for him, lol. No red helm, either. Black stripes down the center of the helms will mark out my Sergeants. I'm still working out an idea to incorperate a bolter on the angry marine, but I'll post him as soon as I do.

Take care, everybody, and thanks for all the comments!

How about designating the angry marine as the squad's special weapon guy? You could put a ruined and half melted plasma gun on his base to represent the weapon overheating and being discarded but still have it cover WYSIWYG rules. The only alternative I would suggest is a slung bolter like the gladius guy.

The guy you all saw before, the gladius and grenade guy...well, I'm not sure what to do with him. He looks too cool to take back apart, but the gladius really gives him the impression that he's my squad's Sergeant, which he is not. -Sigh-...I'll figure something out.

Assault marine may haps? or veteran?

Every looks so good, but want to see more tanks

Haha I'm not really a fan of dead guys on bases but it looks good anyway, doesn't take up too much space. Well it does, but it doesnt look bad :lol: Breach and Clear marine looks good, as does the heavy bolter. Where are those ammo drums from?

I don't really understand who you think looks too much like a sergeant though?

@chaplain B: Thanks man! I can't wait to see 'em finished too, lol!

@mikhail: Probably gonna be a slung bolter, since I got a flamer guy in this squad. Cool idea with the Plasma weapon, thanks!

@Maximvs: Thanks! The head is from the Iron Warrior's upgrade pack, with the horns shaved off. Got it for a trade.

@chenley: Tanks are gonna be thin on the ground in this army, at least for now. Mostly gonna be attack bikes with MM for anti-armour.

@Goose: the unpainted mini in the last pic of the 'angry marine' post. I'll admit, he does look like a Vet or a Sergeant of some sort, but that wasn't the goal. The ammo drums were from the Devastator box. Thanks for the comments on the burned Plague Marine base....I was a little paranoid how well he was gonna turn out, but I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Archived