Glory and Hate! A Marines Malevolent Project

Hyaenidae

Lower the flamer! Please! It'll look much more malevolent ( <_< ) if he's doing what he's supposed to, that is, slowly raising it to a level position after making sure the Death Guard was suffeciently burned (IE charred ash). You shouldn't eve be raising a flamethrower anyways, as they don't have clips, they have tanks.

Lower the flamer! Please! It'll look much more malevolent ( :cuss ) if he's doing what he's supposed to, that is, slowly raising it to a level position after making sure the Death Guard was suffeciently burned (IE charred ash). You shouldn't eve be raising a flamethrower anyways, as they don't have clips, they have tanks.

Despite the fact that I don't think mankind has lost the tech to create fluid tumbler valves in the 41st Millenium, you did make me a bit twitchy about the raised flamer. (Damn You! lol) So, here's three poses...you guys decide this one, cuz I kinda love all these poses. Mind you, some parts are not shaved or drilled yet, just slapping together some ideas.

First Pose...same as before

gallery_37532_5399_2107169.png

Second...flamer lowered

gallery_37532_5399_1438950.png

Third...twin Hand Flamers, 'counts as' flamer...

gallery_37532_5399_70456.png

gallery_37532_5399_142328.png

Thoughts?

The second pose looks the best. Though I think it would look even better if he had a marshmallow on the tip of his knife, roasting up for s'mores over the still smoldering...um...whatever-it-was :D

If you go with the twin flamers, you may as well put him in a brassiere and heels :P .

The second pose looks the best. Though I think it would look even better if he had a marshmallow on the tip of his knife, roasting up for s'mores over the still smoldering...um...whatever-it-was :lol:

Marshmallow? That's the Best idea yet! Do it!

And I think it's a dead Death Guard Chaos marine from his opponents army :P

Wow, close vote, but the 2nd pose wins! Alright, I'll get crack-a-lackin' on him next...but first, breach and clear!

gallery_37532_5399_187304.png

gallery_37532_5399_362201.png

gallery_37532_5399_421436.png

gallery_37532_5399_865119.png

And tonight, I learned a terrible lesson in how hot my lamp gets...my poor hvy bolter guy looked like he got nailed by a melta after I left him too closely under the light while chasing down one of my kids...I was so dang close to finishing him too...-sigh- well, a little cosmetic green stuff, and a re-paint, and he'll be alright. For my embarresment, and your amusement, the hvy bolter marine :cuss

gallery_37532_5399_980990.png

Oh, the humanity!! Hell with it...I'm going to bed. Take care y'all.

Hah! This wouldn't have happened (not so severely anyway) if we still had those old metal heavy bolters/backpacks!

In any case, it seems like you're on top of it all so no biggie... Looking great! Loving how rag-tag the whole army looks :cuss

Sick dude. I love them! :(

I want to see a terminator squad for these guys. I know they would look awesome.

Might I suggest some belt feeds for a few of your bolters? It'll really give that gritty low on ammunition through hours of combat a new level.

Answer your damn pm boy, I have renegades to make! :devil:

I think it was your kids efforts to get your Marines looking even more beat up ;) afterall I think it adds to the whole dented and beat look of the armour :P

Seriously though these really are awesome marines I love the way you paint them and am really looking forward to seeing the flamer marine painted (secretly was hoping it would be option 2 though I didn't vote!).

Also I agree with Noctus some belt feeds on your marines would def look like they were running low on bolter rounds or having to resort to scavenging the fallen chaos marines bolters for bullets - guess the last part might be bit heretical but needs must you know!

Archived