Glory and Hate! A Marines Malevolent Project

Hyaenidae

No prob bro, any time. :P

I like the new squad member, though might I say he seems a tad bit... whats the word... static I suppose.

Its just that free hand that throws me off.

Perhaps give him a knife, a grenade, or severed head in his free hand?

I thought the same thing, but I wasn't sure what...Gimme some time, I'll figure out something. I got some greenstuff work to do on him anyway. Think, think, think...dog tags? hmm, nah... *mumbles to self and walks away*

Think, think, think...dog tags? hmm, nah... *mumbles to self and walks away*

Perhaps a broken chaos necklace with severed chaos marine head on the floor?

Being a khornate player, I couldn't agree more! Please, add some severed skulls for Khorne the Imperium :lol:

First, I'd like to apoligise ahead of time, as this is gonna be a bit of a read, but I wanted to fully explain why I have modeled this mini the way I did. I woke up this morning, grabbed a cup of coffee, and began skimming through my library to find a solution to the Marine with an empty hand. I've been working recently with brother varen and zxyogi in creating some fan-fluff for the Marines Malevolent. We have run with 'some of the ideas used in 'Salamander', mainly that the MM follow the Emperor's Nikea Edict, so have no psychics. To fill the role left in their absence, we have set our Chapter's Dreads as Librarians and Historians. We've also decided on the MM being a fleet-based Crusading chapter that believe they are the only Chapter still following the Emperor's true ideals. I finally found the answers I was looking for in both Dan Abnett's "brothers of the snake" and Ben Counters "Daenyathos". In 'Brothers of the Snake", an older Battle-Brother carries the squad banner, and the honor of the squad, instead of the Sergeant. In "Daenyathos", young Novices record the deeds and honours of the Soul Drinker squad they are attached to. So, here's what I'm thinking:

Dreadnoughts are the Master of the Librarium of each Crusade (known as a company in other chapters), compiling the hate-fueled deeds of the Crusade for the Chapter's history. As these Venerable Dreadnoughts are all extremley valuable for their knowledge, it is risky for them to take to the field unless under the direst of circumstances, as their destruction would mean the loss of the honours, hatred and history of that Crusade forever. Also, they simply cannot be woken for every single engagement that the Crusade takes part in, as the power of a Dreadnought just may not be neccessary (small engagements), or their use impossible (confined boarding actions). To fill in this gap of knowledge, each squad's most senior Brother is designated a Scholar-Brother. These men carry the weight of their squads history, recording each moment of hate upon scrolls and codexes. After every battle, this knowledge is copied into the Crusade's librarium, so that when their Honoured Brother awakes, he make partake of the knowledge he had missed in stasis. Also, these Scholar-Brothers keep small trinkets for their squad-brothers to remember some of the greater engagements on a rope or chain, known to the MM as "The Chain of Resistance". (note=this is a nod to the MM being trophy takers, and vain jerks) An ork's tooth, a twisted shard of power armour, a bolter casing....to any other observer, this would just be junk. To that squad, it was a great battle that saw the depths of their hate tapped into to defeat a powerful foe. A newly formed squad's Scholar-Brother may have a very short chain and few scrolls, while an older / veteran squad's Scholar-Brother may have been forced to etch the deeds of his brother's actions into the very armour he is wearing, so that he is not bore down by the weight of knowledge in combat.

And so, I present to you a (redone) WIP of Scholar-Brother Agrius of Squad Iapetos, 4th Crusade...

gallery_37532_5399_801279.png

gallery_37532_5399_50420.png

gallery_37532_5399_866813.png

As for why he wears a Fenrisian wolf-pelt and a ruby drop shaped gem on his Chain....the MM are hard-liners, and the barbaric Wolves and the false Angels are a bunch of filthy mutants anyway... :D

Great work, brother Malevolent. Might have to make some schalor brothers with the book chained to their hip like the chaplains. That way they can use both hands to strangle their enemies to death, lol.

I looked in my book "visions of Death", for i don't have the collected visions book, for the banners you described and i couldn't find any that you mentioned. Could you show an example?

As for why he wears a Fenrisian wolf-pelt and a ruby drop shaped gem on his Chain....the MM are hard-liners, and the barbaric Wolves and the false Angels are a bunch of filthy mutants anyway... :P

;) :lol: :lol: Love it!!!

As for why he wears a Fenrisian wolf-pelt and a ruby drop shaped gem on his Chain....the MM are hard-liners, and the barbaric Wolves and the false Angels are a bunch of filthy mutants anyway... :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Love it!!!

Seconded :lol:

Archived