Glory and Hate! A Marines Malevolent Project

Hyaenidae

Ha! Until I read the details, I thought the poor guy was your latest attempt at some wonky patina paintjob ^_^ Where does that bolter with a strap come from? I keep seeing it popping up around here.

Don't suppose that marshmallow idea is gonna make the cut? :P

Where are the walking legs from the breach and clear marine from? They looks dope, I would like them for my chaplain..

And your heavy bolter marine is kick ass, it looks like he got caught up in a flamer, you could paint some burn damage and it'd look awesome!

@Metal Apostle: Yeah, but if this was one of the ol' metal hvy bolters, the heated metal probably would've melted the whole damn mini, lol. Thanks for the comments man.

@noctus: Pm answered, you jerk, lol. Termies are planned, but not for a while. You'll see 'em, though. Belt feeds, huh? Not a bad idea, I'll start rummaging through my bitz box...

@Bolt16: Thanks, man. Flamer marine is up next, but first, I got a hvy bolter guy that needs some love.

@Mick: As always, thanks bro.

@Firepower: No marshmallows, lol. The bolter is actually one of the Black Reach marine bolters. All those guys have met terrible ends at the edge of my saw, there's bits and pieces of 'em scattered throughout my army.

@Goose: The legs are from the Death Company box...

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m990153a_99120101084_BADeathCompany4_445x319.jpg

the legs with the mini reliquiries (sp?) on the legs on the right side. I shaved down the cord on the thigh and the blood drops on the legs, then filled in the gaps with green stuff. Thanks for the comments man.

Ahhh cool cool I was planning on getting a box of them next :) I can't waaaiiit! I love converting so much I always end up with a huge pile of unpainted (but kickass) minatures so this time I'm forcing myself to (at least half) finish my current squad before moving on.. :'(

Damn me..

when you posting more of your guys? :(

Jeez! I just posted a new one yesterday....pushy pushy...

gallery_37532_5399_190061.png

gallery_37532_5399_353522.png

gallery_37532_5399_608811.png

gallery_37532_5399_796063.png

I saved him! WOO HOO!! Flamer Marine is next...

@Goose: I'd highly suggest getting that box, man. There's lots of goodies in there.

Where are the bionics man!?

I mean I see the Marines Malevolent with a great deal of bionics simply because they just go from battle to battle to battle. I don't see them re-grafting limbs or transplanting organs. Would take too much time and a luxury they can't afford.

I like the heavy bolter marine, though I think maybe his HB should be lowered slightly. With it up that high, the pose looks somewhat wonky :P

just my two skulls mate.

@noctus: my bitz box is literally cashed out of bionics right now, they all went to my traitor Iron Hands. I only have one bionic arm left, and it's being saved for my Captain. I had thought about this though, I'll get 'em in as I can. The Hvy bolter guy's pose was intentional, I wanted him to have it at chest level like he was mowing through an enemy squad...of Punisher CSM's. Heh heh heh

Great work, brother. Another Malevolent saved to end the exsistance of the Emperor's enemies, lol.

What pose for the flamer Malevolent did you go with? I realy liked the 3rd pose so much that i plan to use it in mine, lol.

What box sets are you using for bits? I see the BA death company and agree with you about all the different bits you get. I don't think you would use the Space Wolf box set unless for heads maybe.

Hehe, mayhaps. :P

Can't wait to see your captain brother, I'm certain he will look awesome.

So I have a question though, what armaments will your Sergeants have? :P

On the subject of weapons and bionics, I suggest you buy that new Forge World character upgrade sprue.

Plenty of bionics all around, plus I think that special power fist would look SICK on one of your Marines Malevolent sergeant.

Just my two skulls mate.

Whew, quite a load that guy is carrying, must do a lot of squat thrusts. Would love to see him in a stealth deployment:

"Ok brothers, nice and quiet, let's sneak past that bunker"

"Got it!"

"KLANK KLANK KLUNK KLANK.....KLANK"

After the botched deployment, Sargeant Bob was forced to wrap Heavy Gunner Jeb's armor in several layers of extra thick pillows. Hand-me-down pillows, of course.

@Firepower: :lol: :lol: Coming this 42nd Millenium, the Mk. IX 'bubble-wrap" power armour! pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop

@noctus: I'm going off a list right now, so just good ol' bolt pistol and chainswords right now, although my scout Sergeant will be rockin' a power glove stolen....... -ahem-....requisitioned from the Imp. Guard. And he's gonna look like R. Lee Ermry. C'mon, imagine an old, mean scout sgt., screaming "You are pukes! You are the lowest forms of life from Terra! You are not even human- :cuss -beings! No, seriously, you aren't anymore...."

@Varen: Pose #2, already got the basecoat on 'em. I'll save the 3rd pose for another flamer marine later. What boxes am I using? Oi...I'm pretty much using every damn part I can find from my 14 years in the hobby. I got everything from an old RT era power pack on the 'angry marine' (no, that pack isn't a forgeworld version, it really is RT), to 2nd Ed. bolters on most these guys (starting to run out...very sad), to newer Forgeworld Mk. IV battleplate. And I think my wifey got me something nice for christmas, we got a box in from UPS today and I heard the Mail guy ask why we're getting something from the U.K. Here's prayin' for Mk V plate! Thank you Santa, lol. :D

1000heathens sounds like you have a collection of bits like i do, lol. I have been in and out of the hobby since the late 80's. If you run low on something let me know and i'll see if i can help you out.

Well it sounds like someone was good for christmas. It sounds like you have a good wife there if she supports your hobby. Better keep her guarded at all times :(

I look forward to seeing more.

Also have you been getting my emails? Just wanted your thoughts on them.

This is one of my favorite threads by far. I have to resist the urge to start a Marines Malevolent army every time I look in here. Keep up the good work good sir, your conversion work is sublime. I must also ask your permission to use your salvaged MK 1 armor idea with my own twist to it. I have been itching to convert some "Thunder Armor" of my own and your take on it is one of the better ones that I have seen in a long time.

The army looks ace, but what really made me laugh was the idea of a scout R. Lee Ermy standing up to a fully-fledged Marine. "How tall are you? 8' 9"? I didn't know they stacked :lol: that high! Dammit, Brother Pyle, were you born stupid or did you have to work on it - Brother Pyle, put that damn boltgun down this instant!" *ka-dead*

Either way, awesome project, and I especially like the simple but effective basing.

Jeez...what a build...well, he's done!

gallery_37532_5399_893054.png

gallery_37532_5399_111401.png

gallery_37532_5399_83707.png

gallery_37532_5399_614359.png

close up of the DG body...

gallery_37532_5399_283529.png

and DG helmet...the blueish lines are veins, by the way.

gallery_37532_5399_161834.png

Please remember, the Death Guard is a buddies army, and in his colors, thus the white helmet. This dude was a pain, but seriously worth it. I learned a lot about my sculpting skills, and I've never tried my hand at nurgle mini's before. One more Tac. Marine to go, then the Sergeant!

@Varen: I'm good right now, but I'll definetley keep your offer in mind, thank you very much. Sorry I haven't PM'ed you back yet, promise I haven't forgot, lol.

@Mikhail: Permission granted, brother. Heh. Hey, if you run into a snag while working on the Mk. I, PM me and I'll help as I can. And thank you for the comments...it means a lot!

@Chaplain B.: As soon as this squad's done, I'll take a group shot, promise.

@zxyogi: High praise from a fellow Malevolent, thank you brother!

@Dark Link: "Brother Pyle, get your ass in that Land Speeder! Oh, I get it, if the God-Emperor wanted you in this Storm, he would have miracled your ass in there!" :)

@ Maximvs: Taa-Daa!

Archived