New FAQ!on gw website!

aledonati

So of I take vets with power weapons pistols and storm shields will I get the extra attack and the save. And as I don't have my dex to hand can some one tell me how many points that is for 5. I have an apocalypse battle and have the bits to model them when I get home.

You'll have to choose at the beginning of a CC which one you use.

But basically you can use Storm shield to protect you while approaching.

If you face a squad with PW, like banshee or things like that, choose to keep your shield on CC and lose an A.

If you face a squad without PW, then prefer the 2CCW for more A.

And if you face an ork squad leaded by a power clawed nob then chose to use the SS for 2 marines and the rest will use the 2CCW...

Seems very flexible...

Not so much as the Storm Shield says "model equipped with a storm shield can never claim" So no you can't pick, and choose which one you want to use.

I have been working on a list for my DW counts as using a couple of Squads I have made already and a few I need to buy:

Belial - TH/SS, apoth, Banner

Librarian: TDA

Squad 1: Normal loadout, Ass cannon

Squad 2: 3 TH/SS, 1 SB/PF cyclone (apoth), 1 SB/PF banner

Squad 3: 1 SB/PF, 1TH/SS, 2 LCs, 1 AC/PF

Ven-dread: Plasma cannon [in Drop pod]

Land Raider

About 1500 I think.

I played the new FAQ'd Deathwing list in a tourney today. 1750 pts

my list:

Belial w/TH&SS

DW sqd w/2xTH & SS, LC, Cyclone, Narth, and DW banner

DW sqd w/ LC, 2xTH & SS, cyclone, SB & PF

DW sqd w/AC, SB & PW, 3x SB & PF

LR w/ extra

LRC w/extra,MM

Ven Dread w/TLC & ML

Dread w/ TLC

Beat down (tabled) Tyranids on an objective mission

same for Tau on a KP mission

and beat Space Wolves on a combined mission

SW list:

Lord w Twolf, SS, FB, saga of warrior born

Canis

priest w/ lightning, jaws

3 Twolves w/ PF, SS, mk wulfen

3 Twolves w/ PF, SS, mk wulfen

3x 5 GH w/1melta

2x Razorback w/TLC

1 rhino

8 Fen wolves

6 LF w/5 lasc

6 LF w/5 ML

the last opponent is well known to me and his army was/has been running right through other armies at this and previous tourneys. In fact, he won the World Wide War and the $1500 a couple of years ago.

I must say that the Dark Angels are BACK. At least the Deathwing. For the Lion

YES!!!! YESS!!! YEEEEESSSS!!!! DA are back baby! NO more scoffing from those silly Space Wolves and Blood Angels. My DW/RW combo is back in the running now! And just in time because I only have to do some touchups and paint two models before I have a 100% painted army!

I WAS in all Ork mode, but now I am going to bust these bad boys out and see what kind of havoc we can create *evil grin* FOR THE LION!

-VardenV2

PS: I wish that this came out sooner! Of course, as soon as I go off back to college and have no army with me or opponents is when my favorite army gets to unleash some serious butt hurt on some people -.- oh well. Maybe I'll treat myself to some new DW/RW models while I am in Boston :P

Having decided a few weeks ago to start playing again after a long break (2nd ed.), the only other item I feel is missing is a las/plas option for a Razorback. If only so I can use the model I have from way back when with the pewter turret. Granted, I'd have to find the darn thing.....I know it's around here somewhere....

Bit late for me to say this but...

I'm hardly a fan of Dark Angels, but I am really happy to see you guys get an update for your list.

Sure it's hardly a long substitute for a full Codex update, but the enthusiasm in the 40K community (online at least) shows just how much life has been breathed into the army by this simple attention from 40K.

Congratulations.

(p.s. this could be my first post in the DA forum!)

I am curious. So do you think that by giving the DA the upgrades now, more people will use them, and it looks like there will be a new flux of GW buys now. Maybe that is why the DA sprue was made as it is now, so good for GW. But what I am thinking of since now there is going to be an influx of DA players actually using the DA codex now, could this be us the players Beta Testing the new DA now?

This way GW gets a feeling how the DA Deathwing will work using the new gear and can "tweak them" and adjust them point wise or gear wise for the new codex? This could finally be GW properly actually beta testing someething for once. So once again, it's the Dark Angels who are acting as Beta Testers for the new SM codex.

I have been reading some Space Marine players complaining again for Dark Angel rules. So why is it when a Dark Angel player complains it's a whine or complaining, but when Space Marine player who does the actual same thing it's critism?

I could link you to this...

linky

Not always one to agree with this chap but he does have an excellent grasp of 40k nonetheless. Note the comments about 14 lines into the post.

Who'd have thought we'd end up as 5th ed's answer to Iron Warriors? On a more serious note would you be inclined to agree? it's already been mentioned in this thread that, while undoubtedly a good thing, this update may end up promoting a tide of mono builds based around TH/SS and Typhoons.

Good times:)

For me, with this new FAQ brings back the idea how better our termies are toward other! a Regular Space Marine Assault terminator squad only gets the assault weapons. But our DA terminators get Fearless, and a CYCLONE MISSILE LAUNCHER! also any weapon we want they can get!

For our green wings, ehh maybe not much help, but DeathWing and RavenWing got a big bust needed, but also our Tacticals and other stuff need some love hoping in new dex! I don't mind paying their points if we get stubbon or something cool.

I'm still goin to use my SM codex for my 3 wing build, but w.e. Until the new Codex comes out, if I use Dark Angels it would mostly for DeathWing or RavenWing, or even both!

But sorry greenwing, I love ya but SM codex better for that.

ironically faq makes me stop playing Deathwing at least until bandwangoners hop into new dex

I doubt there are going to be too many bandwagoners as the BT termies got the same boast, and 5 hamminators with FC is brutal, and 5 terminators with 2 shot cheap cyclones, and tank hunters is just :eek will be more common as well. I'd also expect to see more Calgar armies with his FAQ making him MR ignore the no retreat rule.

Just played 1850 Raven Death vs Alpha Legion,

Belial/4xTHSS/1xTLC in Crusader made my day, killed Lordw/-MoS Daemon-weapon on bike, 5xMoN Bikers, 2x Obliterators, Tac Sqd, took 4 plasma cannon hits and a bunch of other stuff, lost ONE dude the TLC fella(probably wouldn't have lost him if I had another THSS model to swap him out. MVP sqd by far.

BTW got a draw because he contested with an empty Rhino that moved 12" at the end.

Awesome game so much fun to be using my own codex again, feel honest and clean :P

I like GW again, first time in a while.

So does this spell the end of the Loganwing mate? And we had such a good game the other day. :(

While I'm not running a full on spam TH/SS list.. This is what I'm running on Saturday for a 1850 tournament.

Belial

TH/SS

Libby

Terminator armor

Upgraded DW

5x TH/SS

CML

Apothicary

Standard Bearer

DW

3x TH/SS

2x LC

CML

DW

1x TH/SS

1x SB/PF

1x SB/CF

1x AC/PF

1x LC

DW

1x TH/SS

2x SB/PF

1x SB/CF

1x LC

CML

Dreadnought

Venerable

Plasma Cannon

Dreadnought

Venerable

Twin Linked Las

Land Raider Crusader

Decided to go with a all corners list instead of the straight up TH/SS spam that I think people will see a lot of.

ironically faq makes me stop playing Deathwing at least until bandwangoners hop into new dex

I really doubt you'll get that much band-wagon players. As pointed out, BT also got the same update. And most generalist band-wagon people are on Dark Eldar right now, and most Space Marine band-wagon players are still coming to Blood Angels, and both will soon be on Grey Knights.

So play your Deathwing and enjoy it!

Does it really matter if alot of people bandwagoned to the DA codex? You mean 1000 people all over the world you will never see, and you don't want to play your codex? I think I am missing something.

Ha ha - straight up!

Can't beat an over-inflated sense of self-importance :)

...lighten up, just kidding! Let's make the most of it while we can

Just played 1850 Raven Death vs Alpha Legion,

Belial/4xTHSS/1xTLC in Crusader made my day, killed Lordw/-MoS Daemon-weapon on bike, 5xMoN Bikers, 2x Obliterators, Tac Sqd, took 4 plasma cannon hits and a bunch of other stuff, lost ONE dude the TLC fella(probably wouldn't have lost him if I had another THSS model to swap him out. MVP sqd by far.

BTW got a draw because he contested with an empty Rhino that moved 12" at the end.

Awesome game so much fun to be using my own codex again, feel honest and clean :)

I like GW again, first time in a while.

So does this spell the end of the Loganwing mate? And we had such a good game the other day. :)

It may do, never say never though. I have been playing on and off for 20 years. ;)

I recon that Logan wing is still better (for the way I play) than DW, I have really enjoyed getting the RW/DW together again though. Mono wing armies are ok every now and then but I like to mix it up.

I'm also glad my Whirlwinds etc work properly now and there will be less Green Marines and more Green Wing too ;)

Stobz

Watched 2 games today, a very hard Belial/Sammael LRC, LS, LS typhoon, Melta/plasma/ bikers list thrash Space Wolves and then table some Templars. I saw Arjac run off the board Logan became a smouldering greasespot.

I put put together a quick non armour greenwing/Ravenwing/DW DA list and we went at it in an epic struggle, we fought down to the last terminator.

:) ;) ;) its awesome the DA vs DA were the only armies to go down to the last armour save, winning was literally in last throw of the dice.

To the unforgiven redemption has begun :)

Watched 2 games today, a very hard Belial/Sammael LRC, LS, LS typhoon, Melta/plasma/ bikers list thrash Space Wolves and then table some Templars. I saw Arjac run off the board Logan became a smouldering greasespot.

I put put together a quick non armour greenwing/Ravenwing/DW DA list and we went at it in an epic struggle, we fought down to the last terminator.

:) ;) ;) its awesome the DA vs DA were the only armies to go down to the last armour save, winning was literally in last throw of the dice.

To the unforgiven redemption has begun :)

Sounds like quite a game!

What was your list? I'm looking into a green/black/white list and love to hear from others how it now performs.

Archived