You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

That's funny. We Templars should develop a forgeworld that only produces chainswords, and training on to use them.

We do have Forge Ships. (remember - Second Founding Fleet-Based Chapter :wink: )

And they make a lot more than just chainswords.

Remember, we also occupy planets for recruitment. We can do both.

Either way, everyone needs to know how to properly use a chainsword.

YKYABTW when you don't even bother looking at the time, always it's a good time to be zealous.

Specially on these forums, seems that we've learned that while sleeping you're not crusading, being zealous or something. There are always a steady flow of post :yes:

...You start collecting sart collecting pictures of black plate mail to gain better understanding on how to highlight blacks.

I admit to not being super big fan of just edge higlighting and have been looking at other methods....

...You start collecting sart collecting pictures of black plate mail to gain better understanding on how to highlight blacks.

I admit to not being super big fan of just edge higlighting and have been looking at other methods....

I usually go with the Dry Brushed Highlight approach... main reason is that I can't edge highlight to save my skin... surprisingly enough it works for other colors as well, since I painted some Crimson Fists with the exact same technique but with a different color palette...

here's a result of the drybrush highlight in case you're interested:

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o622/Marshal_Roujakis/Warhammer%2040k%20Displays/ETL%20V/DSC00501_zpstdvikwuw.jpg

It's sort of a dull subtle highlight, which brings out just the natural edges of the model... and it's easy to do... it's not advanced though and seems duller than edge highlights.

When you first see this thread:

Newb question about psykers in 8th.  
Started by ChaplainMatthias03 Jun 2017

and your immediate gut reaction is - get in and post:

+ YOU CAME TO THE WRONG SUBFORUM, FILTHY WITCH! + 

Edited by Kastor Krieg

...when work on painting slightly lesser Marines gets put aside so you can test different paint schemes out in preperation for when you Templar stuff gets in.

Basically my EC and two boxes of conversion kits will be on Friday and I put aside my Imperial Fists project to practice different techniques I dug up on Youtube for painting blacks.

I was heavilly considering NMM for the army (because I just might hate myself), but I haven't committed to it yet.

You know you're a Black Templar when you're assembling a unit, and you start looking through your Templar upgrade sprues and bits bags saying "surely I have more purity seals somewhere!" I believe I am out of Templar purity seals brothers, I had to start using....standard marine purity seals... Ugh.

When you find out the Primaris shoulder pads and arms are one piece

Only those who are in the campaign box though. They should be separate in upcoming plastic boxes.

-

You know you're a Black Templar when the Order of Malta asks for your opinion whenever they change their leader, and it holds more weight than that of the pope himself.

When you realize you can now give vanguard double chainswords and do a quick count to see if you have enough to make a full ten man squad of them.

Them plus Grimaldus in a LRC sounds like one heck of a horde breaker.