You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

When you're still irritated Grimaldus apparently forgot where he left his Jump Pack and Bike after Helsreach.

Well his model doesn't have a silver skull helm either....

When you're still irritated Grimaldus apparently forgot where he left his Jump Pack and Bike after Helsreach.

The servitors carrying the holy relics from the Temple of the Emperor Ascendant, won't be able to keep up with a Jump Infantry Grimaldus or a Biker Grimaldus.

Anyone care to kitbash a Black Templars Jump Infantry Honor Guard whose members bear the holy relics instead of melee weapons, so they can accompany Jump Infantry Grimaldus as he storms the enemy lines? (Some of those relics are perfect for smashing in the enemy's faces.) How about an Attack Bike Squad with the servitors replacing the attack bike's heavy weapons and gunners, so they can accompany Biker Grimaldus? (The servitors will need to be reprogrammed to use the relics as melee weapons.)

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

Servitors currently kick you in the shins instead so it'd be an improvement to beat someone to death with a marble pillar.

Edit: when you feel a heretic for watching videos about painting Archaon or Horus when looking for methods for painting black armour that goes above the standard edge highlight method.

For the record, I considered zenithal highlighting to try and make it eaiser, but the primers I have are too pigment heavy to not try and drown the model into a new color. Probably fine if I were to wash the model in a new base color (say....yellow) and paint an army that way but for black it brightens up too much of the model.

Reached a point of looking at stronger reflections on the armour. Not full on NMM black armour (probably) but that sort of strong contrast levels between the highlight and shadows.

EDIT: found one worth sharing: http://flameonminiatures.blogspot.com/2014/01/black-color-painting-tutorial.html

Edited by Fulkes

When you find out the Primaris shoulder pads and arms are one piece and decide since you can't use your Templar shoulder pads you'll have to paint them up as Imperial Fists. If they can't wear tabards, crosses, and superfluous parchment then they can't wear the black.

Go bling or go home!

... when you resort to nothing more that a snort upon reading this and seeing that the Black Templars are not mentioned.

Okay, back to ignoring the "new GW" and their plot advancements and painting up my 4th edition era stuff.

... when you resort to nothing more that a snort upon reading this and seeing that the Black Templars are not mentioned.

Okay, back to ignoring the "new GW" and their plot advancements and painting up my 4th edition era stuff.

Same when you see how Templars in the RB BT have a white field pad for "Battleline" and red outline means Close Support and black field "Heavy Weapons" or some such, because Sword Brethren and Reclusiam are not a thing and we suddenly use Devs. 

Mhm.

When you make a list that is almost entirely characters, and you didn't pay for a single special ranged weapon.

I have two variants each with about 13 different characters and a knight. Should be interesting.

Same when you see how Templars in the RB BT have a white field pad for "Battleline" and red outline means Close Support and black field "Heavy Weapons" or some such, because Sword Brethren and Reclusiam are not a thing and we suddenly use Devs. 

Mhm.

Well, I don't even...

Let's just let the Imperium and the Codex Astartes adherents do their job, while we continue ours. Started 10K years ago. On our terms.

Or, it may be a case where they are saving the "best" for last.

No need for us to bear the tears of weeping wolves and angels when they find out what we are capable of.

LRC is 17 PL, Chaplain is 5 PL, 10 man 4 In + 5 Neo + SB should be 8 PL = 30 PL in a patrol detachment because Templars scout in Tanks.

You never want to scout under armored after all.

Also I've done one better than my previous list, this one is even less effective but has 19 characters in total, all Templar.

Helbrecht, Grimaldus, the Emperor's Champion, 8 captains, 3 chaplains, 2 apothecaries, a pair of lieutenants, and a banner.

All at 2k points and perfectly battle forged. Yeah I only have six command points and no unit is more than one model but still.

You might be a Templar if you have 10 different captain models and all of them have melee weapons, because shooting is for the support squads.

Well his model doesn't have a silver skull helm either....

The faceplate on mine is silver. Hell, even ADB gave me props on my Crusade page