You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

You know you're a Black Templar when a sewage pipe bursts at work and you grab the blowtorch (flamer) to purge the foulness from what comes out.

Wouldn't a Templar grab his chainsaw (chainsword) instead? Or did a Techmarine gift you with a chainsword that has a built-in flamer, so you can purge the foulness no matter where it is?

Ā 

You know you're a Black Templar when a sewage pipe bursts at work and you grab the blowtorch (flamer) to purge the foulness from what comes out.

Wouldn't a Templar grab his chainsaw (chainsword) instead? Or did a Techmarine gift you with a chainsword that has a built-in flamer, so you can purge the foulness no matter where it is?

Ā 

Usually, yes. However, this was an issue of liquid which a chainsword would sadly do little against, except sling it all over the place. However, Holy Fire seems to have done the trick on burning out that putrescence.

Terminators use thunder hammers to defeat tanks, but when the sons of less zealous Primarchs need protection from the tanks' firepower, they draw storm shields from their armories.

Ā 

When Black Templars Terminators need more protection, they draw their power swords instead.

Ā 

World Eaters Terminator (charging out a Land Raider): "Blood for...!"

Ā 

World Eaters Terminator (as a Black Templars Terminator impales him upon a sword): "Gurgle!"

Ā 

Black Templars Terminator: "You will suffice."

Ā 

Black Templars Terminator (swings his thunder hammer to behead the World Eater): "No pity!"

Ā 

Black Templars Terminator (turns as the World Eaters Land Raider fires upon him, so the traitor's corpse will block incoming heavy bolter shells): "No remorse!"

Ā 

Black Templars Terminator (brings down his thunder hammer, destroying the Land Raider's twin heavy bolters): "No fear!"

When the only Ironclad Dreadnought loadout you are fond of is essentially a bolt pistol(hurricane bolter) and chainsword(chainfist)

When in a 2v2 game you are the one to kill every last one of your opponents witches despite your partner having a slay the witch objective.

When your checking forgeworld everyday waiting for our disappointed father to go on sale.

Ā 

Hurry up...

You can force Guilliman to wear our father's colors, and bear our parent Chapter's symbol on his pauldrons, instead.

Ā 

That egotistical jerk needs a lesson in humility, anyways.

You know your a Black Templar when you look around a local Church and decide to start a Crusade to crush the heretics and purge the unclean!!!!!

Ā 

Guess this is me finally coming out as a Templar...Ā 

God speed brother Doren, I just got Grimaldus myself and you are in for it.

Ā 

YKYABTW you accept any challenge no matter the model's material

I have worked with resin before. I just wasn't prepared for all the contact locations I'll need to trim and file.

Ā 

I don't remember pewter being this bad. I think the modern plastics have spoiled me.

All I can say is magnetize Helbrecht's sword, and be prepared for its inevitable flaccid state when summer comes around.

Ā 

I pay a premium to stay in the era of pewter.Ā  Never let it be said that stubborness comes without cost. :tongue.:

Ā 

YKYABTW Dornian obstinate determination to wage the Eternal Crusade as it was meant to be since its inception extends even into your wallet.

Edited by Firepower

When you have a "groin-carving" setting on your chain and power weapons (swords, axes, lightning claws), for those moments when you want to kick the enemy in the groin, but have difficulty finding this target (as is the case with the horrendously obese Daemons of Nurgle).

Ā 

Enemies of the Imperium deserve to die in agony. Bloodshed gives them strength (as is the case with Daemons of Khorne)? There are ways to kill without bloodshed- flame and melta weapons can and will do the job. The enemy army is composed of masochists (as is the case with Daemons of Slaanesh)? Then let us find new ways to hurt them- ways even the most die hard masochist will recoil from.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

You have "Daemon weapons of Nurgle" that can HURT Daemons of Nurgle. How'd that happen? You were so angry at Mortarion and his Death Guard for turning away from the Emperor's light, you decided to HURT them in the most painful and humiliating way possible, by shoving your close combat weapons up You Know Where on a Plague Marine's body. After the first 100 Death Guard members fell to your strength of arms, no Nurgle worshipper would want to get within Charge Distance of you.

Ā 

Now if only the Emperor's Children will take the hint and stop begging you to do the same to them. (Emperor-damned deviants.)

• 2 weeks later...

When you defeat a Greater Daemon of Tzeentch by grabbing the throat of a Greater Daemon of Khorne, and swinging the latter like a hammer, at the head of the Greater Daemon of Tzeentch.

Ā 

Aren't Greater Daemons tall? How'd you reach the throat of a Greater Daemon of Khorne?

Ā 

You used your chainsword's "groin-carving" setting to make the Greater Daemon collapse in agony. Don't have one? See Techmarine Morrow at once to upgrade your melee weapons.

Ā 

Why are Daemons of Tzeentch and Khorne fighting WITH each other instead of AGAINST each other? Because Abaddon ordered them to. You have to kill that Greater Daemon of Tzeentch to get to the Champion of Chaos Ascendant.

Ā 

Just another crusade in the life of a Black Templar.

...You heroic intervention your Emperor's Champion into a relic contemptor dreadnought and not only damage the beast but actually detonate it's power core and live with the Honor the Chapter stratagem. Never underestimate the ZEAL of a Black Templar!

You know you're a Black Templar when...

Ā 

You add German to a language on your phone so it stops autocorrecting the names of your Swordbrothren.

Ā 

You wish that Templars got a rule in which, after receiving a psykic attack, they must attack the nearest psyker, be it enemy or not.

Ā 

You're making a squad of Vanguard Brethren without jumppacks, just stormahields and powerswords, and plan to use them in competitive games.

Ā 

You brood about how few options the Spacemarine Biker kit has, because you're already using all the melee weapons from your other kits to equip your crusader squads.

Ā 

You feel dirty about bringing a Crusader Squad which isn't purely melee.

Ā 

You have more marines than you have guardsmen.

You look at a Repulsor tank and think to yourself, "It needs Hurricane Bolters!" (Orks, eat your heart out... IRL please.)

Ork Nob (raising his choppa as a Repulsor Crusader's assault ramp lowers): "Waa-"

Ā 

Ork Nob (as a debarking Primaris Black Templar punches straight through his torso, the xeno's heart caged within a boltstorm gauntlet's adamantium digits): "Gurgle!"

Ā 

Primaris Black Templar (withdrawing his arm to shove the disembodied heart down the Ork's own throat): "Choke on this!"

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker