You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

• 2 weeks later...

When your FAITH and your ZEAL make you so charismatic, you successfully talk a Knight Household and a forge world into mating a Land Raider chassis to an Imperial Knight's torso, just to lift your Templars over the walls of an enemy fortification.

What was that, Ultramarine? You dare call the sons of Dorn "lazy" because they're not wasting time and energy walking across a battlefield or scaling a wall? The Emperor created us to be His "Angels of Death", NOT His "Angels of Walking" or His "Angels of Wall-climbing". All our time and energy are meant to be spent fighting and killing His enemies!

Now are you going to stand there and whine about what the Codex Astartes dictates regarding the use of the Omnissiah's gifts? Or will you climb aboard the Knight Conquistador that will carry us over those trenches, so we can storm that command bunker and kill the enemy warlord?

Ugh. Lost the fun with the hobby, started to drift away from 40k...

But then I found Damnation Crusade on my hard drive and read it again for the umpteenth gazillionth time. Oh the zeal, brothers, THE ZEAL! 40k has never been so great! I will to punish Xenos tomorrow at 4pm!

• 2 weeks later...
Whenever you buy a Black Templars kit, you also buy one of Daemons/heretics/mutants/traitors/xenos. You paint both models, but only the Templars will be assembled- all enemies of the Imperium will find their dismembered/disemboweled/decapitated remains piled beneath the Templars' feet, decorating the Templars' bases, silent testimony to the ZEAL with which the Templars persecute war against all enemies of the Imperium.

When you throw down your paintball gun in the middle of a match and run at them with a wet brush / sponge screaming "YOU WILL DIE BY MY BLADE!"

When you expend your entire hopper while charging the enemy position before pulling your wet brush/sponge for CC!

As a someone who played tourney ball for years, both your comments sadden me =P

You know you're a Black Templar when...

...you read through all 142 pages of a thread that was started over six years before you joined the eternal crusade.

...all of the psykers in your Imperial Guard army mysteriously disappeared after you painted your first crusader squad.

...you buy an extremely out of date codex just to get more fluff.

...you read through all 142 pages of a thread that was started over six years before you joined the eternal crusade.

...all of the psykers in your Imperial Guard army mysteriously disappeared after you painted your first crusader squad.

Truly, you are one of us Brother.

How do you think I got started here?!

When you go on Community and see this and scream HERESY !

WarCom-Thanksgiving1rtsac.jpg

Benedictus...get my chainsword...
The correct quote is, "Benedictus, DRAW YOUR chainsword," (emphasis mine). A Templar shouldn't leave his weapons beyond HIS arm's reach unless

1) It requires repair or delicate maintenance, the kind only a Techmarine or AdMech Techpriest can provide.

2) His commanding officer orders him to do so (unlikely to be given, as the Templars know an enemy may attack any time, from anywhere, so they must be prepared).

3) He's dead.

Naturally, the speaker will be drawing his own sword as the words leave his lips.

I was already drawing my Powersword, I just also wanted my chainsword to get zealous on those Heretics!

...the mere suggestion of converting Dark Angels bikers into Templar knights makes your swordarm twitch.

...you decide that you must rescue fallen Templars from those who turned their backs on them, even at the cost of guardsmen. (I've been trading guardsmen for Templars non-stop recently)

...the mere suggestion of converting Dark Angels bikers into Templar knights makes your swordarm twitch.

It's the smell, isn't it? Since Marshal Teller punished those Ravenwing Knights by ramming the Dark Angels bikes into the posteriors of those "sons of a fat cat that deludes itself into thinking it's a lion," those stains and their accompanying smell will never fade. (Not that any loyalist wants them to. The Dark Angels' sins may be forgiven, but they must never be forgotten.)

When you gleam pride with as even in the Mathhammer world the list [ http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/340977-how-well-does-sigismund-or-sevatar-fare/ ] goes

1) Constantin Valdor, the best of the best of the non-human best (the General of the Adeptus Custodes)

2) Sigismund

3) ... everyone else

Dayum.

When you gleam pride with as even in the Mathhammer world the list [ http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/340977-how-well-does-sigismund-or-sevatar-fare/ ] goes

1) Constantin Valdor, the best of the best of the non-human best (the General of the Adeptus Custodes)

2) Sigismund

3) ... everyone else

Dayum.

If you're going to personally defend the Emperor, you're expected to be the best.

• 3 weeks later...

-you play Hearthstone but can only bring yourself to play Paladin or Warrior, as all other classes are either unclean, use demons, or are filthy magic users.

-This thread leaves the first page and, in a moment of ZEAL(!!!), you add to it for the first time just to herald it back to it's rightful place on the first page :wink:

-You add to this thread on your Chaos profile, immediately feel dirty and sentence yourself to a Crusade as penance for your sins of defilement.