Apparently Stormravens for all

Tabgoi

"Why not Chaos"?

Because the Stormchicken is a post-heresy development, meaning that unless Chaos has the means to acquire the template or a vast number of Chickens, there's literally no fluff justification for the bird to show up in their armies.

Chaos can't use it as it wasn't around at the time of the heresy. The STC was only found recently

If its true about all armies getting a flier, Chaos will get their own flier and it will probably be awesome!

"Why not Chaos"?

Because the Stormchicken is a post-heresy development, meaning that unless Chaos has the means to acquire the template or a vast number of Chickens, there's literally no fluff justification for the bird to show up in their armies.

True, but they are so sad with their Codex that they deserve a little treat, too. :rolleyes:

So correct me if im wrong. Does this mean I can Load up my Khorne beserkers and Defiler in the back........ Or 6 terminators with combo meltas....

I dont know but beserkers charging out sound pretty good to me sinse they are my other army.

The Stormraven is not in your Codex.

There is no rule allowing the Stormraven to be taken by any other Codex excepting Blood Angels.

If "GW corporate" has decided anyone can use it by taking the White Dwarf, ignoring the codex restriction — then sure, go for it. I know for sure that my buddy's Tyranids will finally benefit from having a transport.

I never understood the speeder thing. Especially with the latest C:CSM's propensity for showing the renegade chapters, surely theyre bringing their toys to the party? Only need one chapter with the stormraven to go bad and then the Evil mechanicum chaps can reverse engineer that gangster.

Heh, it's on a page in the WD with a BA symbol and a BA header. It also doesn't give anything regarding what Force Org it fills in another codex. (Probably still a heavy, but who knows, maybe it will be a dedicated transport for GK!). It'd be hard to argue that it is for BA only with those things in mind. Now, nothing is wrong with friendly games and that might be fun to try out, but to argue that ruleswise, it's intended for anyone else (at this point) is a bit of a stretch. Obviously, some store owners are trying to add to their sales, but they should at least call it for what it is.

I would rather other codex's not get the SR But I can see it happening and I'll go with the flow. But no way would I play chaos with one. Thats like having a huge hodge-podge of units in every marine army be in every marine codex. Vanilla marines taking greater demons, blood angels taking lighting bull chargers, space wolves getting, baal preds, sisters of battle getting... whatever.

goes on and on. I think if in the same game BOTH people where using random units from all over then whatever; its clearly not in a tourny.

I would rather other codex's not get the SR But I can see it happening and I'll go with the flow. But no way would I play chaos with one. Thats like having a huge hodge-podge of units in every marine army be in every marine codex. Vanilla marines taking greater demons, blood angels taking lighting bull chargers, space wolves getting, baal preds, sisters of battle getting... whatever.

goes on and on. I think if in the same game BOTH people where using random units from all over then whatever; its clearly not in a tourny.

I agree! Now I'm of to make a unit of ThunderBats airbourne cavalry ;)

To be honest, it is a bit crappy of them to try and give kids the impression it is ok to field them in their army. Because it really isnt.

If GW did want all Marines to have them it would have taken 2 lines in the WD article. And they clearly aren't going to be tournament legal or whatever.

This is very half-assed. They should either just make a proper official ruling, or stick with the ruling they already have in place.

Cos the WD article doesn't mention any other chapter having access to the SR yet.

Anyone can use whatever they want in a friendly game if it's agreed upon... a friend of mine fields his Khorne Berzerkers alongside his Blood Pact Traitor Guard because we think it's a cool idea. That doesn't mean it's legal, it's a houserule. Just like running a Stormraven alongside an Imperial Guard, Eldar or Space Marine army right now. House rules rule!

To be honest, it is a bit crappy of them to try and give kids the impression it is ok to field them in their army. Because it really isnt.

Therein lies the rub.

It would be really shady for official GW store managers to encourage kids to buy SRs and make them feel like it is ok to field them, if they aren't going to be available to them in the future. Obviously anyone can field anything in a firendly game; GW didn't need an Email to tell their managers this.

This tells me that a Stormraven for every Marine force is already in GW's wheelhouse and we will see official SRs for everyone in the next couple of months.

Quite simply, it aint in any other codex accept the Blood Angels one, therefore it cannot be used by any other non BA/successor chapter, period!

The argument that other Space Marine Chapters can use the rules from the latest White Dwarf just does not hold water. They are in a series of Blood Angel specific articles, ergo for use with the BA/sucessor chapters. In effect the article is just a reprint of the entries in the BA codex.

When I popped into my local GW store on Friday to have a look at their store one it was in UM blue! I challenged this with the store manager, who sheepishly just said its not fair only the BA can have them so I painted it blue! He knows it cannot legitimately be used for any other chapter that it was intended for.

Obviously 'house rules' can allow any strange combination of troops and equipment, but they are just that 'house rules' and not official. 'House rules' have to be agreed by BOTH parties playing to be accepted.

If it aint in the codex it aint legal.

Call me a grumpy old git if you will, but if any non BA/successor chapter player that produces a Storm Raven in their army against me will run the risk of a strike from 'Andys righteous fists of blood' attack and have their shiny new SR reduced to a smoldering pile of molten plastic!!! :D

"Why not Chaos"?

because still doesnt even have drop pods, let alone speeders...GW couldnt trust them with a stormraven. :P :lol: :lol:

Archived