Apparently Stormravens for all

Tabgoi

what good reason is there to restrict:

S6 power weapons, artificer armour, land speeder storms, thunderfire cannons, techmarines as hq's etc etc etc to codex space marines? :)

every codex gets its own unique units. fact that ours (apparently) is shinier and thus EVERY codex should have it.... is, to put it mildly. bull:cuss

My sentiments exactly. As soon as I get to use some of these, I'll be happy share the Stormraven. Yes, there's no reason that other chapters wouldn't have this vehicle, but there's no reason the Blood Angels would be unable to get a hold of some of these.

Ever hear of the Landraider Crusader?

How about the Predator Annihilator?

Mortis Pattern Dreadnaughts?

... AV 13 Dreads?

C:BA already has borrowed a number of units, and abilities, from other marine books. It happens- and I didnt see anyone complaining about you guys having those before.

Im sorry, I really am- you had a PDF instead of a book for a few years. Trust me, I understand- I had half a codex that was out of date for atleast 6 years with my marines.

But thats no reason to be pissed off over a little plastic spaceship. Seriously, I wish theyd never made the thing- the last thing marines needed was an AV 12 fast skimmer, let alone one with excellent transport capability.

Speaking of wich- instead of getting upset at other marine players, maybe you should consider how upset your eldar opponents must be- a Falcon, with its transport capacity of 6 and inability to fire weapons when moving flat out, and considerably less armament costs about the same as a stormraven.....

So really? Whos got more right to be upset- BA players, who are seeing the rather natural proliferation of a marine vehicle to other chapters.... or those who play the 'fast' armies out there- Eldar, DE, Ravenwing- who now lose one of their few edges because matt ward decided that he wanted to use a Thunderhawk without paying the 900pts to do it.

S6 power weapons, artificer armour, land speeder storms, thunderfire cannons, techmarines as hq's etc etc etc to codex space marines? :cuss

every codex gets its own unique units. fact that ours (apparently) is shinier and thus EVERY codex should have it.... is, to put it mildly. bull:cuss

My sentiments exactly. As soon as I get to use some of these, I'll be happy share the Stormraven. Yes, there's no reason that other chapters wouldn't have this vehicle, but there's no reason the Blood Angels would be unable to get a hold of some of these.

... AV 13 Dreads?

C:BA already has borrowed a number of units, and abilities, from other marine books. It happens- and I didnt see anyone complaining about you guys having those before.

I agree with you here GreyMage, i hope all marines get the Sr - my only gripe is the fact im supposed to let everyone do so before there are official rules for it.Amongst my friends i wouldnt mind, and take it in Apoc (ive played many 3000pt a side apoc games, its not much more then a standard game anyway).

Besides, once the shine wears off a little, there wpont be anyone left complaining.

Except the Eldar, still.

Im sorry, I really am- you had a PDF instead of a book for a few years. Trust me, I understand- I had half a codex that was out of date for atleast 6 years with my marines.

But thats no reason to be pissed off over a little plastic spaceship. Seriously, I wish theyd never made the thing- the last thing marines needed was an AV 12 fast skimmer, let alone one with excellent transport capability.

Speaking of wich- instead of getting upset at other marine players, maybe you should consider how upset your eldar opponents must be- a Falcon, with its transport capacity of 6 and inability to fire weapons when moving flat out, and considerably less armament costs about the same as a stormraven.....

So really? Whos got more right to be upset- BA players, who are seeing the rather natural proliferation of a marine vehicle to other chapters.... or those who play the 'fast' armies out there- Eldar, DE, Ravenwing- who now lose one of their few edges because matt ward decided that he wanted to use a Thunderhawk without paying the 900pts to do it.

I think it's funny that people are telling BA players to relax... it seams to me it's a mojority of non BA players who are up in arms, sure some don't want The SR to go to other armies, but I think the most of the players are just saying that the SR isn't legal for other armies, bingo bango end of sentence, not that no one else should have it... (yes there are a few, but it is by far not the majority)

There is no "borrowing of units" it has to start somewhere, and they arn't about to update everyone at one time (unless it's with a WD article, but that's pretty rare).

S6 power weapons, artificer armour, land speeder storms, thunderfire cannons, techmarines as hq's etc etc etc to codex space marines? :cuss

... AV 13 Dreads?

the other 'fast' armies can be upset all they want, they're just jealous cuz we're the best fast army :P

Have you even read the BA codex and compared it to others, you get so many freebies it disgusting. I hope tyranids get the SR.

Deepstriking Land Raiders for no point increase...:cuss....more precise deepstriking just for kicks...:P...oh hey lets get some sweet dreadnoughts that don't really cost that much.... -_-

In a casual game use whatever you agree upon, have Thunderhawks drop carnifexs with twin linked plasma cannons on your enemy if you agree on it. In a tournament only BA's and GK's can use the SR for now....if we all get it then we can all /cheer that day.

Well....we won't all cheer, all the fast armies will just have a :cussbbq face when they see a brick keeping up with their sleek vehicles.

Grey Mage I can see where you are comming from BUT we got these after we got a codex with them in *Apart from the LRC but then it was never Exclusive* how ever people seem to think hey they got something we Better get it NOW!!!!111!1!!one!.

And? Whats your point?

Is it really going to destroy your game to not have exclusive access to this? Are you so dependent on this one model, and its 'betterness' that you have to feel threatened because one of the other kids has it too? If its really as unbroken as Ive been told by BA players the last six months.... whats the big deal? If it is in fact unbalancing, isnt the proliferation of the unit one of the better ways of balancing the scales quickly?

GW stores can say what they want- the changeover isnt official yet. If thats what your complaining about... I dont think theres a leg to stand on. The company is encouraging people to let others give it a try, to see the reception the community gets from it- to use a cool new model. No one is forcing you to, and even GW isnt saying to do it by tournament rules. Its about the same as 'if your opponent likes you, your DA can use C:SM stuff' that weve had the last couple years.

Hey, maybe Im crazy- after all, I let my opponents use the new toys for the last two years- encouraged it in fact. The game is more interesting with a level playing field, and having a fun game is what this is about.

Its certainly not about crying "I waaaant it!" and "I dont waaannaaaa share!" at the top of your lungs. And thats mostly what Ive seen over this issue. Either GW will hand it out like stickers in a first grade class, or theyll say no, in the mean time you can deal with what they say with some grace, and maybe even dignity- let the childish people cry out for their new toy, take the high road and see what happens.

the other 'fast' armies can be upset all they want, they're just jealous cuz we're the best fast army :P

Come over to my basement sometime, and Ill show you a few tricks.

Have you even read the BA codex and compared it to others, you get so many freebies it disgusting. I hope tyranids get the SR.

Deepstriking Land Raiders for no point increase...:cuss....more precise deepstriking just for kicks...:P...oh hey lets get some sweet dreadnoughts that don't really cost that much.... -_-

In a casual game use whatever you agree upon, have Thunderhawks drop carnifexs with twin linked plasma cannons on your enemy if you agree on it. In a tournament only BA's and GK's can use the SR for now....if we all get it then we can all /cheer that day.

Well....we won't all cheer, all the fast armies will just have a :cussbbq face when they see a brick keeping up with their sleek vehicles.

This, on the other hand, isnt helping either folks. Whatever happened to 'accept any challenge, no matter the odds'? Man up and kill the blood angel armies you come accross instead of complaining that your 6 year old book is out of date eh?

Deepstriking landraiders is as much a good way to loose 500pts on a crapshoot as it is a 'tactic'. And BT Dreads are just as good, if not better- Id pay an arm and a leg for the veteran skills you can give them. Blaming a BA player for having things matt ward wrote into their codex is absurd. No one went out of their way to insult you, and badgering players about this isnt going to help your situation or make you appear to be anything other than a whiney pre-adolescent, so again- have a little sense and keep your dignity.

No offense, but what are you even talking about?

As someone else mentioned, it's not like there are tons of BA players up in arms about the fact that other armies may eventually get the stormraven. Very, very few posters really think that it would be a travesty if other codices end up getting the stormraven. Most of us just think that they should wait until it is in their codex or made official before actually using it for a lot of different, and very valid, reasons.

I am going to be honest, I had no clue a questions of whether people had seen this happening was going to end up an extended thread about whether is SHOULD be happening or not. For me, when they get it in a codex or errata I will be happy for the other chapters of the Astartes. Until then, we have a new shiney and they need to stick with their own codex. But I beleive rules are rules, follow em. Otherwise I want to put a carnifex in terminator armor with a storm shield and a rail gun.

No offense, but what are you even talking about?

As someone else mentioned, it's not like there are tons of BA players up in arms about the fact that other armies may eventually get the stormraven. Very, very few posters really think that it would be a travesty if other codices end up getting the stormraven. Most of us just think that they should wait until it is in their codex or made official before actually using it for a lot of different, and very valid, reasons.

You mean opinions like this:

or this:

I am utterly against the Codex chapters using this in any shape, way, or form. Not until GW publishes it for you. How many times have you told to Dark Angels to suck it up with their out of date codex when the new 5th ed Marine book dropped? Reap what you sow. I hope they release it for Grey Knights, Black Templars, and Dark Angels exclusively. No codex adherant chapters added to the OFFICIAL rules for it.

Wich is ironic- yes, lets insult more people because some people were previously offended. Excellent plan.

Because this is exactly what Im talking about.

Note, I didn't say there were no opinions like this, just that they were much smaller in number compared to the far more reasonable posts. By addressing it further, you continue to make the discussion about that, when really it isn't.

I am addressing those opinions, if you feel they are not worth addressing then perhaps you should carry on with some constructive discussion instead of asking me why Im talking to people about their behavior. Otherwise, I think the irony may very well drown this entire thread in 'lol's.

However, Im not really seeing alot of information that is particularly constructive- much of it is, atleast, polite. So Ill simply ask you this question:

If GW says every loyalist marine book gets it, tomorrow, what if anything will you do about it? And why do you particularly care what other people get as perks for their armies, save the knowledge you need to defeat them?

Grey Mage, I think you bring up several excellent points and find myself nodding in agreement. I still find it ironic (and somewhat sad) that I can see the reasoning for all marines getting the Stormraven... ...except Space Wolves. I realize that they need transport from space to terra firma, I just find myself hoping that they don't get as I have visions of Thunderwolf Cavalry or undercosted (in my opinion) Grey Hunters pouring out of a recently landed Stormraven. I also feel that it doesn't fit into the Space Wolves playstyle/fluff as they've never struck me as "need for speed" Chapter. Again, this is just my opinion, and if Space Wolves were to get the Stormraven I would grin and bear it. On a more light-hearted note....
Family Guy anyone? :P

Grey Mage, I think you bring up several excellent points and find myself nodding in agreement. I still find it ironic (and somewhat sad) that I can see the reasoning for all marines getting the Stormraven... ...except Space Wolves. I realize that they need transport from space to terra firma, I just find myself hoping that they don't get as I have visions of Thunderwolf Cavalry or undercosted (in my opinion) Grey Hunters pouring out of a recently landed Stormraven. I also feel that it doesn't fit into the Space Wolves playstyle/fluff as they've never struck me as "need for speed" Chapter. Again, this is just my opinion, and if Space Wolves were to get the Stormraven I would grin and bear it. On a more light-hearted note....
Family Guy anyone? :P

Thats horrible :P.

And I agree- SWs dont need this. Then again, I dont think the BA need it either.

But if, as some of told me, its really supposed to be fitting for marines cause its like a thunderhawk made appropriate for normal 40k games... then theres no reason for SWs to be any different in that case either.

Im curious to see how many 'supersonic' vehicles well be seeing in the next few years personally, as this arms race is as set for 40k as it is ill conceived.

Grey Mage I can see where you are comming from BUT we got these after we got a codex with them in *Apart from the LRC but then it was never Exclusive* how ever people seem to think hey they got something we Better get it NOW!!!!111!1!!one!.

And? Whats your point?

Is it really going to destroy your game to not have exclusive access to this? Are you so dependent on this one model, and its 'betterness' that you have to feel threatened because one of the other kids has it too? If its really as unbroken as Ive been told by BA players the last six months.... whats the big deal? If it is in fact unbalancing, isnt the proliferation of the unit one of the better ways of balancing the scales quickly?

GW stores can say what they want- the changeover isnt official yet. If thats what your complaining about... I dont think theres a leg to stand on. The company is encouraging people to let others give it a try, to see the reception the community gets from it- to use a cool new model. No one is forcing you to, and even GW isnt saying to do it by tournament rules. Its about the same as 'if your opponent likes you, your DA can use C:SM stuff' that weve had the last couple years.

Hey, maybe Im crazy- after all, I let my opponents use the new toys for the last two years- encouraged it in fact. The game is more interesting with a level playing field, and having a fun game is what this is about.

Its certainly not about crying "I waaaant it!" and "I dont waaannaaaa share!" at the top of your lungs. And thats mostly what Ive seen over this issue. Either GW will hand it out like stickers in a first grade class, or theyll say no, in the mean time you can deal with what they say with some grace, and maybe even dignity- let the childish people cry out for their new toy, take the high road and see what happens.

Deepstriking Land Raiders for no point increase...:P....more precise deepstriking just for kicks...:P...oh hey lets get some sweet dreadnoughts that don't really cost that much.... -_-

This, on the other hand, isnt helping either folks. Whatever happened to 'accept any challenge, no matter the odds'? Man up and kill the blood angel armies you come accross instead of complaining that your 6 year old book is out of date eh?

Deepstriking landraiders is as much a good way to loose 500pts on a crapshoot as it is a 'tactic'. And BT Dreads are just as good, if not better- Id pay an arm and a leg for the veteran skills you can give them. Blaming a BA player for having things matt ward wrote into their codex is absurd. No one went out of their way to insult you, and badgering players about this isnt going to help your situation or make you appear to be anything other than a whiney pre-adolescent, so again- have a little sense and keep your dignity.

should i bring my beat-whislte with me?

Note, I didn't say there were no opinions like this, just that they were much smaller in number compared to the far more reasonable posts. By addressing it further, you continue to make the discussion about that, when really it isn't.

I am addressing those opinions, if you feel they are not worth addressing then perhaps you should carry on with some constructive discussion instead of asking me why Im talking to people about their behavior. Otherwise, I think the irony may very well drown this entire thread in 'lol's.

However, Im not really seeing alot of information that is particularly constructive- much of it is, atleast, polite. So Ill simply ask you this question:

If GW says every loyalist marine book gets it, tomorrow, what if anything will you do about it? And why do you particularly care what other people get as perks for their armies, save the knowledge you need to defeat them?

I guess I don't see it as constructive when you lump all BA players into a category and felt that by your answers were either misrepresenting them or missing the majority opinion in this thread. Apparently, this isn't the case. If you had read my posts, you'd know the answer to your question: No, I don't particularly care, though my hope is that they keep the tweak or alter the design of the "perks" to help distinguish the chapters and avoid making the more similar. This isn't to say I'd prefer if the SR remained BA, just that it would be cool if they continued to improve, tweak, or modify it (as with other units) to fit how each chapter might use it.

And? Whats your point?

Deepstriking Land Raiders for no point increase...:P....more precise deepstriking just for kicks...^_^...oh hey lets get some sweet dreadnoughts that don't really cost that much.... -_-

@ Grey Mage

1. My Codex was fine before the update and is still fine after it, I'm not complaining about the BA's new toy and you shouldn't take my post as such, but if you think the BA codex is balanced with the other marine armies you aren't paying attention, oh wait in your first post you try to relate to the BA's by saying you had an outdated codex...and that you can relate to their pdf codex...YOU SERIOUS?! the old wolf codex was one of the strongest codex's in the last 4 years of their existence!! Every wolf cried a little when the new one came out! The old BA pdf was in no way strong or anywhere close to the strength of the Wolf codex. Did you play 40k in the past couple years?

2. You can protect your LR from any first turn damage by having it deepstrike, and it becomes a TACTIC when you a scout squad with a locator beacon on the board plus they can infiltrate into terrain where the enemy can't draw line of site potentially, .......BA's get this option FOR FREE, no one else can do this. Sure my Templars have a lot of cool stuff they can do BUT WE PAY POINTS TO DO IT, this game is all about options and how much they cost...getting something as strong as a deepstriking LR without a cost is FREAKEN AWESOME!

if you think it's not a valid point to make on a thread where people are worried that a vital part of their codex is being diluted into other chapters then you don't get it...the point is who cares if all marines get the SR, the BA's will still have a great list with fluffy elements that are strong (by the time I read this thread it had somewhat degenerated into people arguing over the validity of other chapters getting the SR)

3. You make a note about maturity and yet you make a silly joke about a vow and imply that I can't play vs BA armies... I'm just crunching numbers, and if you read my post again I reply directly to the OP's question....on the topic of who can really use the SR, and in what situation

Your first post doesn't even deal with the OP's question, and that's probably why you have 14k posts, you are a hearty forum troll.

4. Dude we are saying the same thing about how fast armies are getting the shaft with this vehicle, we are on the same page on that point.

5. I hear Logan wears lingerie under his T armor...OH SNAP IT'S ON SON (hows that for immature?)

6. I wasn't aware that w..........t.............f..... would be caught by a filter, didn't mean to bring in foul language -_- figured it wouldn't ruffle too many feathers. But as I can see this forum likes to keep the language civil and I respect that.

Tessius I would be careful how you put that since GM is a Mod and well being on their bad side is not a great Idea... You however do make some Good points But all in all GM is barking up the wrong tree about certain things But Meh the Only thing I am concerned about is things that re Blatant violations of the rules in using Items from another Codex with out specific guidance from Games Workshop. I am well aware of the fact they Possibly will get them at some Point BUT if they get it faster due to complaining that they want the New and Shiny.

Oh and We have only just started this so it Proves the NEW AND SHINY our codex has almost been out for a year (I think, I drink too much:P) and none of these people were making stupid arguments then so it is NEW AND SHINY ruled. END OF STORY.

Oh snap, well my stuff might all get deleted now :P

But I'm sure the mods are 40k freaks like me and he'll give me something good to think about...

On the note of the GW employee that tries to sell everything, let's not forget how 13 million people are unemployed in this country, if I had to feed myself and my job depended on how many plastic men I sold I would tell kids their Land Raiders can dispell a Slann's magic missle..PEW PEW LAZERZ

Well...not that sleazy car salesman like.. but you get the idea.

1) You certainly seem to be complaining in your post. Thats how I read it, and its still how Im reading it. If thats not how you meant it, fine, but its not likely to be taken in any other way. As for told wolf codex vs. the new codex- most of us were relieved to not have to go through the same rules debates each game, and yes... we lost a few items, and a unit, but overall most SW players I know, myself included, were pleased at the update.

2) BAs taking 100pts in scouts to deepstrike a landraider is hardly free and far from full proof- it likewise becomes a tactic to wipe those scouts off the board before their reserves start showing up. As a tactic, its one thats hard to use effectively, risky as hell without that extra point investment, and does nothing to change that every BA list I see out there has fewer boots and fewer vehicles than the C:SM and C:SW lists at the same point value. Still, whats more important that all this is how your post comes off- looks like 2 deleted cusswords and a sharp criticism against people. Coming in and stating things like this is bound to get people more riled up- wich was what I was speaking out against.

3) I had hoped a bit of levity would help show I didnt mean any personal offense, apparently this failed. Im sorry if you felt insulted, but as for my posts- Im a mod, its my job to talk to people... and ask them to calm down on occasion and point out when a conversation seems unconstructive or likely to cause a fight.

4) Im glad Im not the only one seeing that as an issue.

5) And I bet its black and clings under his skin like every other marine :P While not 'high brow' I find that kind of thing humorous when its not ill-intended.

6) Ah, got it. Seems a bit more offensive in the :P form eh? Still, ^_^ itself is caught by the filter- and trying to dodge the filter will get you a warning, so please dont try to do it on purpose ok?

As for this:

Oh snap, well my stuff might all get deleted now -_-

But I'm sure the mods are 40k freaks like me and he'll give me something good to think about...

No, I dont see any of this getting deleted. Your more than welcome to correct me if you think Ive gottent he wrong idea about something, and while I dont enjoy being called a troll your allowed to state your opinion. Still, I think the couple posts between us have been enough off-topic eh? So please send me a PM if you want to continue this instead of posting here, though you dont have to, or send a post to one of the admins if you feel I truely am an out-of-line -_- whos just trying to flame you.

Well, I guess it wouldn't be fun if there wasn't something in every marine codex that makes you want to play that army, adds flavor to the game! But I stand by my point that BA's need to lay off worrying about their precious SR being given to other armies, they got plenty of "blood" goodness in their codex.

Those 20 scouts would be hard pressed to live in certain scenarios, but you are pretty much guaranteed survival in a dawn of war set up.

I'll def lay off the dubya tee effs

Cmon you gotta admit the rule haggling wasn't so bad after you won every game with your old Codex :P That thing was a Beast wrapped in barbed wire and sent out to ravage kittens. I ended up having to go heavy shooting with my BT's when facing a local wolf player just because my guys were in such bad shape during close combat engagements, the hitting on threes all the time helped but in the end it was just too much fur.

Cmon you gotta admit the rule haggling wasn't so bad after you won every game with your old Codex ;) That thing was a Beast wrapped in barbed wire and sent out to ravage kittens. I ended up having to go heavy shooting with my BT's when facing a local wolf player just because my guys were in such bad shape during close combat engagements, the hitting on threes all the time helped but in the end it was just too much fur.

I'm willing to bet the large part of "winning every game" was tactical acumen. No Wolf army has ever been easy to play, and when you've had almost a decade to practice with the same army, you tend to get pretty good. Moreover, it sounds like you were trying to take Wolves in CC, which is never a good move even as Templars; you're trying to kill a good assault army with a mediocre assault army. That's not anything particularly powerful, it's just common sense to avoid doing. (Little else in the thread caught my interest, but this did, so here we are! :))

On topic:

No, the WD does not show in any way that the SR can be taken by other armies besides BA.

Will it happen in time?

IMO yes, but not with the same rules or cost of the current BA one.

If you see the rumours for the GK SR, it costs more, it is a psycker, it has different equipment than the BA one and it occupies Fast Attack slot on the FOC.

Will I allow it in a game?

I wouldn't like having to face it in a Vulkan list, with hammerators and an Ironclad riding it, but

I would probably allow it in a friendly match (as long as it's not becoming a habit ;) ), even though I wouldn't like it...

You see, I'm just one of those guys that actually have fun when playing by the rules. :)

I even strive to have WYSIWYG in all the models I play with, though I don't force my opponents to do the same.

That's all...

Archived