Grey Knight Rumors Thread

Marmande

Is it me, or does it seem the Grey Knights are going to have trouble with enemy tanks?

It really depends on the the stats for the psycannon.

At the moment, the old rumour is that they are S7 AP4 Assault 4 Rending. If thats true, there will be no AV issues. It needs to be confirmed though.

At the moment, the old rumour is that they are S7 AP4 Assault 4 Rending. If thats true, there will be no AV issues. It needs to be confirmed though.

The stats now seem to be Str 7 AP 4 36" Assault 2/Heavy 3, Rending

Ciaphas Cain said he thought it was heavy 3 and not 4 and he wasn't sure about it ignoring invuns or not.

So yeah, I'm still waiting for the weapon profile to be confirmed.

Ciaphias Cain, Thank you very mcuh for all your hard work, but 3 questions please ?

1. Re: Valeria ... What is the points cost fo the Ordo Xeno Special Character ?

2. Do the Ordo Xeno Inquisitors have Prefered Enemy Xenos instead of Demons ?

3. Servo Skulls ... How many points are they each ? I know they are 0-3 weargear, but do they add +1 Initative each ?

You gave us a heap of stats & Wargear but no points cost,

and as a Deathwatch Player I'm keenly interested.

The essence of these rumors is that fans of Puritan Grey Knight armies will be very happy, but those of us who played Daemonhunter (RIP) armies have to pack up our models. Of course we will adapt, but if the rumors are true, the variety once possible in our codex is diminished, and I think we are poorer for it. I think this will be especially painful in 1000-point games (or team games) where we can't afford the elite toys and don't have the choice to bolster our ranks with IST or other inexpensive troops. I think we will miss those little 5-man melta/plasma squads mounted in Rhinos for ~120 pts. I remember fondly the first time my ISTs took down a Greater Daemon with plasma fire. Tougher than they look, and not super human, just men, with blessed plasma to guard the back of the Emperor's champions. :)

Couldn't have put it better myself.

I love my IST's ^_^

Point Question for Mr. Commissar Ciaphas Cain

How many points would this be, approximately?

That super bad ass lord of titan fellow with 5 Paladins including an Apothecary in a “scouting” Redeemer with Multi Melta.

That first turn, no scattering, deep strike guy, with 5 Ghost Terminators

2 x 5 man scouring Terminator squads with Psycannons

2 x Dread knights with that cool sword and the 30” move if that costs extra.

If I could fit this in a 1750pts army it would make me very happy in pants.

Tying things like ISt to an Inquisitors warband is sensible. There was little fluff justification for a group of Grey Knights to be accompanied by a couple of IST squads, which only happened due to the out of date rules and uncompetitiveness of the army.

With this in mind, Inquisitorial Warbands have been greatly increased in varity and options. With at least two ways of letting them 'score' (Coteaz or using 'the Grand Strategy', if it can be use don non GK units).

There is rumour of powerful, cheap, Warband builds, using normal Humans with Wargear like Storm Shields, Power Weapons and Storm Bolters. Quite unheard of previously.

There are options to build Puritan and Radical Deamonhunter, Hereticus and Xenos themed warbands. And imgaine one with a lot of heavy/rapid fire wepaons that get a Weaponsmith's Rending roll.

The function, role, and capability of the Inquisitorial portion of the Deamonhunters has been expanded, and given a fresh bite. The new Codex only looks like a good thing for both pure GK players and Inquisitorial players.

And the point remians that if you really want a purely human force, and not a mixed GK/Inquisitorial force, then the IG codex is probably the best best to represent this. It was with the old DH codex, and will remian the best choice after the GK codex.

That super bad ass lord of titan fellow with 5 Paladins including an Apothecary in a “scouting” Redeemer with Multi Melta.

410 + Swords

Educated guess from rumous already given: 2,085 not including DK swords or any other upgrades.

The only "problem" I have with the new dex (if these rumors are true) is that the GKSS come with swords. This is going to be a pain to remodel all the PAGK I currently own or pay the points for the Halberds. Not a huge problem I know, just saying.....

The only "problem" I have with the new dex (if these rumors are true) is that the GKSS come with swords. This is going to be a pain to remodel all the PAGK I currently own or pay the points for the Halberds. Not a huge problem I know, just saying.....

It's part of their master plan. All our current metal PAGKs could be used as Purifier squads though, they get cheap halberds ;)

I guess it means I will be buying at least 3 GKSS boxes though. I currently have more GKTs than PAGKs ;)

Nemesis Dreadknight: WS5 BS5 S7 T7 W4 I5 A3 Sv2+/4++ 130 Points

Wargear: Heavy Psycannon, Super Incinerator, 2 close combat weapons.

Options: Personal Teleporter

Special Rules: Monstrous Creature, Deepstrike, Psychic Mastery 1

Psychic Powers: Hammer Hand, Holocaust.

Feel free to check here, for any other known rumours regarding profiles, rules etc.

@ Anyone else: If any of this is confirmed as being wrong please give us a heads up so it can be change it.

@ Anyone else: If any of this is confirmed as being wrong please give us a heads up so it can be change it.

A couple of things that come to mind:

- Commissar mentioned that the Venerable dread is 175 points (130 in the summary)

- Commissar also mentioned that Stern gets caught in the effect of Zone of Banishment, not just the models around him.

- Terminators don't get Personal Teleporters (re-confirmed by Bestial Fury)

- You could define which characters/HQs are ICs (all of them except for Mordrack and Thawn?)

- Draigo and Mordrack should have "Grand Strategy" like the generic Grand Master, not "Grand Mastery" from all indications :P

- Marshal/Bestial mentioned that the Vindicare has Stealth

- Bestial Fury says that the Razorback does not have powers; more details below.

- You might as well add the profile for the Ghost Knights since you're forced to buy 1-10 of them along with Mordrack. Based only on confirmed things it looks like this:

Ghostly Bodyguards

Ghost Knight: WS? BS? S? T? W1 I? A? Ld?? Sv ?+/?++ Points 32 (Should be similar to normal terminators, but only W and points have been directly specified)

Squad Size: 1 - 10

Weapons: Nemesis Force Halberds or Nemesis Daemon Hammers (both free), (Storm Bolter, grenades unknown)

Options: Nemesis Falchions (+5/model), Nemesis Warding Stave, Psybolt ammo, Master Craft any weapon (+10/model), Brotherhood Banner (+25), (more?)

Special Rules: Stealth, (Psyker or not unknown)

Psychic Powers: ?

- Finally, there's new information concerning dedicated transports from Bestial Fury (Source 1, Source 2, Source 3):

* Rhino: Gets Fortitude as a power but not fast. Costs 40 points base.

Can be taken by: Strike Squads, Purgation Squads, Purifier Squads, Henchmen Warbands. SS with Teleporters can't go into/take a Rhino as a dedicated transport.

* Razorback: Fast but no powers. Costs 45 points base.

Can be taken by: Strike Squads, Purgation Squads, Purifier Squads, Henchmen Warbands. SS with Teleporters can't go into/take a Razorback as a dedicated transport.

* Chimera: No powers.

Can be taken by: Henchmen Warbands.

Point Question for Mr. Commissar Ciaphas Cain

How many points would this be, approximately?

If I could fit this in a 1750pts army it would make me very happy in pants.

Can you not do this again? Look through the previous pages in the thread and look at the point costs he gave us.

Asking him to build a army for you is just ridiculous.

Now the real questions still remain:

1. Do SBs really give the +1 attack bonus,

2. Are Warding Staves really 2++ invul (1 or 2h weapons)?

It is a little painful, but I think I'll just pay the extra 4 pts per model (IIRC) for the Initiative 5 attacks for 90% of my army. When you add it all up, it isn't that bad, really. I figure it at 112 points to buy 28 of my GKSS models their halberds; that is actually a bargain, as far as I'm concerned. Probably another 30 points or so to upgrade them for my Terminators (depending on upgrade costs).

If you are playing against Orks or Imperial Guard, then it's a waste, as our Initiative 4 is better than anything they've got anyway, but against Marines and Eldar, it will really make a huge difference, either allowing almost all of your models to attack first (against Marines) or at the same time (Eldar).

V

These guys are really looking forward to their update!

gallery_23369_1077_1231.jpg

III. Supreme Grandmaster Lord Kaldor Draigo (You will address him as such or no questions answered for you! )

-He's your GK Mephiston

-He has a Storm Shield and Storm Bolter, yes. And lots of other things."

Sorry sir! Wont happen again sir! :) thanks for the answers man :P Appreciate it. Even if it ends up not being the finished rule set. I just want something to think about and the general direction :FA:

Thanks CCC for all of the awesome info! :)

I still have a few questions though:

1. Are psychic hoods still in?

2. What about wargear like the grimoire?

3. What do servo skulls/empyrean mines/psylencers/ banner do?

4. Do they get anything to counter the shadow in the warp or runes of witnessing?

5. Do they have anything to prevent perils of the warp?

6. Do they get anything akin to descent of angels?

7. Do Stern/ Supreme Grandmaster Lord Kaldo Draigo ;)/ Mordrak get daemon bane special rule?

8. Does the everser assassin still blow up?

Fluff:

Do they explicitly say where their gene-seed comes from? ( I want my GKs to have the Emperor's Gene seed )

What are the various brotherhoods and what is the function of the grandmasters in relation to brother captains? Brother Captains are in charge of brotherhoods, so what do the GMs preside over?

I know that's a lot, but I really appreciate the work that you are doing! Thanks a tone. :rolleyes:

Thanks CCC for all of the awesome info! :rolleyes:

I still have a few questions though:

1. Are psychic hoods still in?

2. What about wargear like the grimoire?

3. What do servo skulls/empyrean mines/psylencers/ banner do?

4. Do they get anything to counter the shadow in the warp or runes of witnessing?

5. Do they have anything to prevent perils of the warp?

6. Do they get anything akin to descent of angels?

7. Do Stern/ Supreme Grandmaster Lord Kaldo Draigo :)/ Mordrak get daemon bane special rule?

8. Does the everser assassin still blow up?

Most of these were already answered:

1. Yes

2. Grimoire has not been mentioned once yet, so it seems extremely likely that the answer is no.

3. Asked many, many times. The commissar will get to it in due time.

5. Warp Stabilizers prevent perils

8. No

And the gene-seed is hinted to be a fusion of the survivors' from the Traitor Legions, not the Emperor's.

Wow... I'm away in Vegas for a few days and the jackpot strikes... on the web :teehee: I wonder what weapons the RB gets? If the TL-psycannon is in, a 12" move and then shoot will get to armour's side quite quickly!

Phil

And the gene-seed is hinted to be a fusion of the survivors' from the Traitor Legions, not the Emperor's.

True, it sounds like the current new generation of the creative team are trying to retcon/redirect/relax much of the older fluff set out by the 3rd Edition codex. For examples see:

• Grey Knights wielding Daemon swords.
  • Grey Knights that become traumatised.
  • Grey Knights that flirt with warp ghosts.
  • Grey Knights that are now (minus their psychic might) just as skilled in combat as your average marine, etc.
  • Grey Knights are completely subservient to the ][ [Debatable]

It's was obvious that things were going to change after eights years but this is looking like a complete inversion of 3rd Ed fluff. I'd be brave enough to say that Ward, Merrett and Co. are trying to alienate many GK veterans...

If proven true:

• It may start putting off the GK old-timers who were largely attracted to GKs by their previous fluff.
  • It could only just add to the annoyance of those who said they didn't want another SM codex, especially under the pretence of 'codex: psychic but otherwise beige marines'.
  • It will be lapped up by all the smug cussers who will be glad to prove that compared to other factions GKs, "ain't all that elite" after all.

Expect to see novels with corrupted Grey Knights soon...

/bitter rant.

Archived