Most Powerful GK Build

Gentlemanloser

Ok, while I agree with you that the RAI/RAW debate can get a little out of hand Crynn, I have a few things that I take issue with in your arguments in your last two posts.

1) you make yourself sound like a total jerk when you talk about calling out your opponent in front of a whole crowd and embarrasing him like that. A competent TO would have kicked you out or DQ'd you from placing for unsportsman like conduct (my thinking at least), and your opponent should have killed your sportsmanship score for that. A disagreement over rules is between the players and if that doesn't work, the TO...not everyone in the room...I can tell you right now that if I ever was to go up against you in a tournament I wouldn't hesitate to forfeit the match because I didn't want to deal with you. Acting like you did is only going to set you apart as the guy nobody wants to play against. nuff said.

2) on to the important part of this post. RAI/RAW debates are normal in a game that has a permissive rules set, because you can never cover every situation. And while I think that some people take it too far, the idea that you just go "nope it isn't written there so I'm not going to apply that rule," much like the debate over the Crucible of Malediction in the other thread, is absurd. We have precedents that are set for certain things like transporting Terminators and other such rules, but just because matt ward forgot to put in a clause that says "no you may not use these to transport your terminators" doesn't mean that's the way it works. There are errors in the Codex and BRB. If there wasn't there wouldn't FAQs and Errata published. The game was meant to be fun...not meant to be about finding loopholes to use to your advantage.

3) what Whitefireinferno said...you deserve a dread-socking...

Crynn you fully just lost some interwebz respect from me. And you must remember just because a rule does not say I can do something does not mean you can do it . There is no rule saying I cannot smack someone over the head with a Rugby sock full of Metal Dreadnoughts sure the Laws of any country say it would be assault But hey in 40 K my Dreads are fully able to assault their enemies. Look putting Termies in a Chimera is a Derp move and really does deserve a dread socking.

I would let you do it but in the same you are going to have to put up with my army having re-roll able 2++ saves.

I just thought it was a bit silly putting what are arguably the most armored troops in the game in one of the flimsiest transports. Seems like you'd get further in a shorter time frame by just DSing in, but thats just me I suppose. Still, it tweaks my sense of absurdity, so I might try it out anyway. Its not really broken, we're talking about 6 Terminators in a 12/10/10 box that you need to take with a warband.

Personally I believe GW intended to allow TDA to embark in chimeras. It is a costly solution to a built in limitation on HQ. I have actually just finished building a couple chimeras for my army and one will be carrying the only terminator in my entire army, my grand master :) He rides with some death cultists and crusaders and pours out 4 bs6 psycannon shots from top hatch while waiting to chuck a few psycho grenades. And remember that while 'flimsy' the chimera has a greater transport capacity than either a razorback or rhino.

Cool story about embarrassing some guy you don't even know without explaining what you actually did.

Wow completely missing the point, but okay mate, I will indulge.

- 1 The guy got very :cussty and arguementitive over something which I was completely able to do, he even agreed, he just didn't like it because it didn't seem right to him. I saved not explaining the exact details because it was irrelivant to everyone and would take quite a bit of text.

- 2 He preceeded to tell me that no one would ever let me move My DC that way because it was unfluffy and not in the spirit of DC. I asked if he would like to put it to the crowd? He thought I was bluffing and said 'Sure'.

- 3 Needless to say the guy who was having a big fuss and making his annoyance ruin the rest of the game shut up when the overwhelming number of people told him to grow up.

- 4 I did know him and hence I knew he was the kind of person to sport hit because he didn't like the outcome of the game. Hence I confronted him about it. He appologized and I in turn appologized for taking it so far however I told him that when in a friendly games sure if you want house rules go for it however do not come to a tournament and get annoyed with people who don't play by your rules or wishes. He understood. Sometimes people need to be told. I took the liberty to tell you, you should thank me haha.

I hope that clears it up for you a little mate, maybe you too need to keep your opinions about what you think the rules should be to yourself or go apply for a job at GW head office because frankly no one cares whether you like a rule, only what the rules themselves are.

Army list

HQ. Corteaz xxx pts

Troops 3 man squad of henchemen, giving up the chimera for a 5 strong terminator squad to ride.

Multiply untill points limit reached. haha

Regards,

Crynn

Ok, while I agree with you that the RAI/RAW debate can get a little out of hand Crynn, I have a few things that I take issue with in your arguments in your last two posts.

1) you make yourself sound like a total jerk when you talk about calling out your opponent in front of a whole crowd and embarrasing him like that. A competent TO would have kicked you out or DQ'd you from placing for unsportsman like conduct (my thinking at least), and your opponent should have killed your sportsmanship score for that. A disagreement over rules is between the players and if that doesn't work, the TO...not everyone in the room...I can tell you right now that if I ever was to go up against you in a tournament I wouldn't hesitate to forfeit the match because I didn't want to deal with you. Acting like you did is only going to set you apart as the guy nobody wants to play against. nuff said.

2) on to the important part of this post. RAI/RAW debates are normal in a game that has a permissive rules set, because you can never cover every situation. And while I think that some people take it too far, the idea that you just go "nope it isn't written there so I'm not going to apply that rule," much like the debate over the Crucible of Malediction in the other thread, is absurd. We have precedents that are set for certain things like transporting Terminators and other such rules, but just because matt ward forgot to put in a clause that says "no you may not use these to transport your terminators" doesn't mean that's the way it works. There are errors in the Codex and BRB. If there wasn't there wouldn't FAQs and Errata published. The game was meant to be fun...not meant to be about finding loopholes to use to your advantage.

3) what Whitefireinferno said...you deserve a dread-socking...

Look I understand if I come across like an :). In person I very very rarely recieve anything but high sports results, and frankly my reputation on the 'interwebz' does not bother me in the slightest. I know I am blunt online and that will not change so I completely understand where you are coming from.

This is not about finding loop holes. You have been able to put terminators in chimeras for a long time and this is hardly stretching the rules. If they FAQ it fine I have no problem witht that, I am not even arguing that you should be able to put terminators in chimeras, however I am sick to death of people expecting other to play by their rules and not the ones written.

As for this person I humiliated, there is a reason there was crowd support, it is because many people had faced him only to be given bad sports because they won a game and the person in question was not happy about it. This guy constantly whinges and the gaming community just tolerate this pathetic fools attitude because they are non confrontational. I am not that kind of person and when I played this guy for the second time (I had played him before) I tried to be as amicable as possible. When things started to go pear shaped I decided I had had enough and that this sports hitting attitude that some gamers have when they loose a game had to stop, hence I addressed the crowd. I put mysefl on the line to openly speak my mind about this issue and somewhat to my surprise, people seemed very happy that someone finally said what everyone else was thinking and saying in closed circles.

I am quite happy to get a T.O. for ambiguous rules however this was not one (remember my opponent agreed it was perfectly legal, not even a stretch) nor is the the rule that sparked this discussion.

If you would like to talk to me about my tournament conduct, please PM me, I don't want to take up more of this thread with my long winded responses. However this is a TACTICS THREAD not a RULES discussion thread. If you don't like a rule take it somewhere else. If you want to discuss a relevant rule in realtion to tactics because it is unclear sure. Marmande did not say he believes the rules function differently, rather he said he would be really pissed if he played that guy and he put his terminators in a chimera. Frankly, I don't think many people in a tactics thread really care if he would have a whinge about it. This is tactics, drive those termies in that tissue box transport I say and dont ridicule people for coming up with ligitimate ideas.

I'm done, personal attacks welcome, just PM me.

Regards,

Crynn

what do you guy's think of this 1500 point build?

i may be off with the points as i dont have the new codex and used the leaked one.

Troops:

grey knight terminators (5)

justicar MC deamon hammer

1 x psycannon nemesis force sword and psycannon

3 x force halberd

grey knight terminators (5)

justicar MC deamon hammer

1 x incinerator nemesis force sword and incinerator

3 x force halberd

Heavy support :

Dreadknight nemesis great sword, great psycannon, hammerhand

holocaust

Fast attack:

stormraven twin linked multi melta, fortitude

Elite:

Paladins (4)

1 paladin force halberd, psycannon

1 paladin brotherhood banner, psybolt ammo

2 paladin force halberd, psybolt ammo

GK grand master psychostroke rad grenades, frag and krag,

iron halo, MC nemesis force sword, psybolt ammo

GK librarian termin. Armour, MC nemesis force sword, master lvl 2, 3 servo skull

shrouding, summoning, quicksilver

the only problem i may have is that the DK and stormraven being easy targets for heavy weapons but i hope i can counter this with the libby's shourding and flat out movement. the second problem may be, that i really have a low model army, but again i hope they'll last because they come via deepstrike. also the 2w pally's with GM hopefully soack alot of fire.

the libby and a 5 squad termi are going in the SR. the other squad and the pala's with GM are deepstriking. the DK i hope to make scouting everytime with the Grand strategy and if i roll two or more the SR will also scout.

i'm not aiming for tournies, just competetive fun games.

thnx for advice

After sitting down with the Codex for a full 2 weeks now, I have come to realise there are no top tier builds in this codex.

That may be true. But what there are are counters to many of the other nasty lists out there. This codex is a book of hard counters. Though, I'm still having fun with it.

Archived