Most Powerful GK Build

Gentlemanloser

There is a curiosity in the rules for inquisitors. According to the psyker upgrade you replace one of the weapons with a force sword, however a Malleus Inquisitor can already take a Nemesis Hammer, which is already a force weapon.

I suppose you could take a model with sword and hammer.

Being able to boost your strength with hammerhand, and then double that with the hammer sounds like good fun.

Huh?

Summoning doesn't make you scatter...

You just place the models in the same way as DS, 6" of the Librarian.

What that means is that the models surround the central model, and you can't assault, but you can still shoot/run.

Huh?

What that means is that the models surround the central model, and you can't assault, but you can still shoot/run.

The Summoning uses deep strike rules, says it in the power. But it also says place the models within 6"

The FAQ team is going to have a field day with this codex.

Huh?

The Summoning uses deep strike rules, says it in the power. But it also says place the models within 6"

The FAQ team is going to have a field day with this codex.

As HM is pointing out, deepstriking as a rule requires scattering, so if they deep strike they have to scatter, hence why anything which doesn't scatter specifically states it.

~Gil :D

It's also probably why the Librarian may purchase a Teleport Homer when a Grandmaster or Brother-Captain cannot.

What's the exact wording?

cause if it says place....

Same wording as Gate of Infinity when it comes to them leaving and coming back on the board except that The Summoning requires that they are placed within 6 of the Librarian.

My understanding is that Summoned units can enter play via DS within 6" of the Librarian. So, using DS rules, you place a model as a marker down on the table within 6" of the librarian, then you roll for scatter as normal. Once the final location of the center model has been established, you add the rest of the models from the unit around the DS model --not around the librarian himself. A teleport homer will not work in conjunction with it because the units are DSing, but not truly teleporting. It's just like you can't use a teleport homer for DSing jump packers because the jump packers can DS, but don't teleport. It's a cool rule, but there's a very narrow margin for error since the chance of scattering into the librarian's own unit is quite high given the close proximity. That's why I included the Mystic in my Librarian's squad since the Mystic works like a homing beacon (which any DSing unit can use --not just teleporters). Putting both the Mystic and Librarian in a Stormraven allows for additional freedom in placement since it's a big model with lots of space around it for the DSing units to occupy without things getting too cramped.

There is a curiosity in the rules for inquisitors. According to the psyker upgrade you replace one of the weapons with a force sword, however a Malleus Inquisitor can already take a Nemesis Hammer, which is already a force weapon.

Being able to boost your strength with hammerhand, and then double that with the hammer sounds like good fun.

Yeah I noticed that myself --and took advantage of it. ^_^ replacing the Stormbolter with the sword instead of replacing the hammer allows you to choose a weapon that will strike in initiative order or one that will double your Strength. Plus, with terminator armor you can take full advantage of the sword's 1+ invulnerable save in CC no matter which weapon you opt to swing with. ;) Add my super librarian into the mix, (Hammerhand, Might, and Quicksilver --even in the enemy's assault phase) and your Inquisitor can have up to 4 S5 I10 swings or 4 S10 I1 swings that do 2D6 armor pen. Brilliant.

If I remember correctly the rules for the teleport homer are " ...if gkss,interceptor squads,or models in tda, wish to teleport via deep strike and choose to do so within six inches of a model carrying a homer then they won't scatter..."

so by my read if a Libby has a homer then DS units won't scatter. is that a correct read?

My understanding is that Summoned units can enter play via DS within 6" of the Librarian. So, using DS rules, you place a model as a marker down on the table within 6" of the librarian, then you roll for scatter as normal. Once the final location of the center model has been established, you add the rest of the models from the unit around the DS model --not around the librarian himself. A teleport homer will not work in conjunction with it because the units are DSing, but not truly teleporting. It's just like you can't use a teleport homer for DSing jump packers because the jump packers can DS, but don't teleport. It's a cool rule, but there's a very narrow margin for error since the chance of scattering into the librarian's own unit is quite high given the close proximity. That's why I included the Mystic in my Librarian's squad since the Mystic works like a homing beacon (which any DSing unit can use --not just teleporters). Putting both the Mystic and Librarian in a Stormraven allows for additional freedom in placement since it's a big model with lots of space around it for the DSing units to occupy without things getting too cramped.

Yeah I noticed that myself --and took advantage of it. ;) replacing the Stormbolter with the sword instead of replacing the hammer allows you to choose a weapon that will strike in initiative order or one that will double your Strength. Plus, with terminator armor you can take full advantage of the sword's 1+ invulnerable save in CC no matter which weapon you opt to swing with. ^_^ Add my super librarian into the mix, (Hammerhand, Might, and Quicksilver --even in the enemy's assault phase) and your Inquisitor can have up to 4 S5 I10 swings or 4 S10 I1 swings that do 2D6 armor pen. Brilliant.

Is it a force sword or a Nemesis force sword?

I removed unit prices in case anyone is offended by them. I am making this primarily from one good look at the dex at my FLGS and the leaked version that has known descrepencies. That being said, this should be considered no more than an idea at this point.

List Name: Damn Dirty Apes ~2486 pts (Ard Boyz list???) Ape-Blower?

Coteaz –

Grand Master & Servo-skulls -

Non-FOC:

Henchmen –

5x Jokearo –

3x Gun Servitors w/ plasma cannon -

1x mystic –

Chimera –

Troops:

Henchmen –

5x Jokearo –

4x Warriors w/ meltaguns –

1x mystic –

Chimera –

Henchmen –

5x Jokearo –

2x Warriors w/ plasmaguns –

1x mystic –

Chimera –

Henchmen –

5x Jokearo –

1x mystic –

Chimera –

Henchmen –

5x Jokearo –

1x mystic –

Chimera –

10x GKSS –

8x Dudes w/ swords

2x psycannon –

Rhino – hunter killer –

10x GKSS –

8x Dudes w/ swords

2x psycannon –

Rhino – hunter killer –

Fast:

10x GKIS

10x dudes – no upgrades, just there to play fire-brigade.

The Jokeoro are key. Not only do we have 25x bs3 wpns that can fire as Multi-meltas, Lascannon or hvy flamers. By having 5 per unit, they give us the ability to always have 5 firing heavy weapons out of each chimera while statioinary plus we have a 1:3 chance of always having 12" extra range on non-template weapons for every weapon in the unit - including jakearo's themselves! So, that means we have 36"/18" multi-meltas and 60" lascanons. Plasma guns can fire 36" while moving and we still have rock hard scorers to help out in some Rhinos.

We have deep strike defence with Coteaz and the servo-skulls while our own deep striking counter attackers -GKIS - can move in on any mystic's chimera or servo skull and make sure the rhino/chimra wall stays intact. Then we have Warp quake from the GKSS and GKIS themselves.

I like grand strategy from the Grand Master, but wonder if a libby w/ shrouding wouldn't be better. Coteaz is actually pretty awesome with his deepstrike defense (ala old mystics) and his abilty to re-roll the seize the initiative dice as this is a first turn type of list.

After playing around with list ideas and trying to figure out a good balanced list which brings enough CC punch and long / mid ranged firepower to bear, I came to this.

Grand Master

(Rad Grenades, Servoskull(s))

5 man Purifier Squad (2 Psycannons, 2 Halberds) + Razorback (TLLAS)

10 man Purifier Squad (4 Psycannons, 5 Halberds, 1 Hammer) + Rhino

5 GKSS (Psycannon) + Razorback (TLLAS)

5 GKSS (Psycannon) + Razorback (TLLAS)

10 GKSS (2 Psycannons, 1 Hammer)

Rifleman Dread (Psybolt ammo)

Rifleman Dread (Psybolt ammo)

Dreadknight (Teleporter)

1849 points

Here you have a few capable close combat units, some good ol' Grey Knight mid ranged fire and some Psy-rifleman dreads with Razorback support to help balance it out. Stick the GM with the GKSS and use the skulls to get them placed where you want and either drop Scout on the Purifiers / Dreadknight or give scoring to things you feel need it. The Razorback GKSS squads will do loads to helping fortify and protect your Psy-rifleman dreads from Deep striking meltas (looking at you suicide drop pod squads). And give some late game objective claiming. I may or may not think of list(s) that I find better before buying up my models but this one felt right from a PGK list standpoint.

A purgation squad has "Astral Aim" and can shoot through walls, vehicles, etc. So....I can shoot through entire rhino when outside the rhino...but can I shoot through half a rhino when still embarked..thus allowing 4 Psycannons or Incineraters to shoot from inside a vehicle?

I have not seen the actual dex yet, so thought I would ask if this is covered in writing.

BDS

A purgation squad has "Astral Aim" and can shoot through walls, vehicles, etc. So....I can shoot through entire rhino when outside the rhino...but can I shoot through half a rhino when still embarked..thus allowing 4 Psycannons or Incineraters to shoot from inside a vehicle?

I have not seen the actual dex yet, so thought I would ask if this is covered in writing.

BDS

this is on the cusp of cheesy and brilliant all at once! the power says you cannot target an embarked unit, and the power targets the unit in the vehicle itself, definatly cannot use it with Incinerators though as the template would be touching the vehicle and you're not using a fire point. looks legal.... might have to throw this one on the FAQ request thread.

so you throw a OH inquistor in there with them with the psyocculum with psilencers: 24 shots hits on 2+ rerollable to a psyker unit, and because you're in the vehicle their super psykic power cannot get to you. hilarious, or is the word i'm looking for sad?

BDS

this is on the cusp of cheesy and brilliant all at once! the power says you cannot target an embarked unit, and the power targets the unit in the vehicle itself, definatly cannot use it with Incinerators though as the template would be touching the vehicle and you're not using a fire point. looks legal.... might have to throw this one on the FAQ request thread.

so you throw a OH inquistor in there with them with the psyocculum with psilencers: 24 shots hits on 2+ rerollable to a psyker unit, and because you're in the vehicle their super psykic power cannot get to you. hilarious, or is the word i'm looking for sad?

Thanks,lol. K, Incinerators are out of example. So, if the wording allows a purgation unit to fire while embarked regardless of fire points, # of models...then one could load them in a razor back and fire away same as a rhino.

I read the rull in the PdF and it does not mention it specifically. Codex generally trumps BRB. Most likely need a FAQ. But could be covered in the actual codex (READ: help here if you have access to one please).

But if legit....will make for some fun drive bys..even if only wiht 6" movement........Unless! you fire the squad from inside a fast moving skimmer...say like a StormRaven.. :P

Whether or not this is legit the purgation unit has some possibilities. With Grand Master possibly making the troops...a 5 man with 4 psycannons and Assault Cannon Razorback with Psybolt ammunition will net you 20 Shots at 24" range S7 AP4 Rending....not much that is going to walk or drive through that....a cheaper version not needing a Grand Master is pretty solid as well with a GKSS or GK Purifier squad. The GKSS will have 2 psycannons and Psyacback for 12 S7 Rending shots...the purifiers can still do 4 Psycannons and the Psyacback if taking a full 10 man.

Lotsa Dakka,

BDS

BDS

i was actually thinking of putting all 10 in an LR since even the stormbolters have the same range so just pump the whole unit out.

and i'm reading from the actual codex... nothing stating otherwise.

Astral Aim doesn't require LOS to shoot a unit, but it does NOT negate the need for firing ports in order to shoot from the inside of vehicles. These are two different rules. An Embarked unit needs a firing port to shoot from a vehicle, Astral Aim simply says you don't have to have LOS.

IG mortars aren't able to shoot from Chimeras because thier weapons don't require LOS (like Astral Aim), they can shoot from Chimeras because it has 5 damn firing ports.

So, Astral Aim does NOT negate the need for firing ports - pretty sure on that. The Codex doesn't have to say it doesn't cause it doesn't say it DOES and since Codex > BRB, we would need the codex to specifically say that Astral Aiming units don't need fire points, right?

using astral aim in a rhino would enable you to shoot 2 guns as the rhino has 2 fire ports, even if you have no LOS (as that is what astral aim negates.) It does not magically make your bullets go through the rhino hull plating (Without damaging it that is) and off to a target. ;)

Astral aim is good enough as it is, it's not a magic shoot fom inside a landraider gun ;)

No, but it can become a magic-shoot-through-your-warband's-chimera! If only that was cost-effective ;)

Phil

Well, yeah! The visual just kinda makes me laugh. Even though I can only have two guys shoot through a "fire point," I could stand behind a piece of terrain 5 times a model height, width, and depth that is imppassable......but no, not from inside a rhino.

But, wait, can I shoot through the entire rhino when outside of it, or a Land Raider, or even a Titan Warhound....well, yes you can do that.

Makes perfect sense to me... :) ;)

Eventually I will be able to take a psychic test that forces you to forget your army at home and stop and bring me a pepperoni pizza.

BDS

I'm not sure I like the Inquisitor and Henchmen, but having the Mystic was the only way I could pull off a perfect mass Summoning.

Uh... not to burst any bubbles, but that Summoning with no scatter thing may not work. "Placed using Deep Strike rules" does not necessarily mean the units arrive by Deep Striking. They could arrive by Summoning.

I am no expert, but I heard a similar thing happened with some Ultramarine gate power. So it may get FAQed.

2000 Points:

Kaldor Draigo = 275

Paladin Squad = 325

-4 Paladins

-One Apothecary

-Nemesis Daemon Hammer

-Nemesis Force Halberd (MasterCrafted)

-Brotherhood Banner

Paladin Squad = 325

-4 Paladins

-One Apothecary

-Nemesis Daemon Hammer

-Brotherhood Banner

Paladin Squad = 325

-4 Paladins

-One Apothecary

-Nemesis Daemon Hammer

-Brotherhood Banner

Paladin Squad = 325

-4 Paladins

-One Apothecary

-Nemesis Daemon Hammer

-Brotherhood Banner

Paladin Squad = 325

-4 Paladins

-One Apothecary

-Nemesis Daemon Hammer

-Brotherhood Banner

Grey Knight Strike Squad

-4 Grey Knights

-1 Justicar

-1 Psilencer

-Psybolt Ammunition

-Mastercraft on the Justicar's Force Sword

That is if you wanted a mini Nob biker like list.

A full blown squad could look like this if you wanted to be a jerk:

Paladin Squad = 690

1.Apothecary

2.Daemon Hammer

3.Daemon Halberd

4.Incinerator + Hammer

5.Incinerator + Halberd

6.Warding Stave

7.Falchions

8.Sword

9.Brotherhood Banner

10.Daemon hammer + mastercrafted