Most Powerful GK Build

Gentlemanloser

I was too thinking of an Interceptor spam somewhat similar-ish to what Marmande suggested, as I was talking about in the thread about them that I made two days ago. Theres a ton of flexibility with that squad, but the only thing thats toying on my mind is their considerably massive pricetag. Whether or not they will be worth all those points requires playtesting.

hahaha, I think that's pretty awesome, actually, Marmande.

I don't know the point costs well enough to manage it, but I'd go for something silly like this:

HQ:

Draigo

HQ: Grand Master

10x Paladins

10x Paladins

10x Paladins

Storm Raven

Storm Raven

Storm Raven.

Combat squad the pallies, put the HQs in with two of them and then into the storm ravens. The squad with all the guns walks forward midfield, while the rest charge up in storm-ravens. Hammer and Anvil. Maybe squeeze a Vindicare in there for extra flexibility.

Silly List Is Silly

Do you realize that this list will be over 3000pts?!

Don't you mean OVER 9000 in POWER?

It ain't over 3000 but it is over 2500.

Its 2715 without a single upgrade. He talks about combat squadding and leaving the guys with the guns, I'm assuming psycannons, on the field. Now that list totals 2955 without any CC upgrades, and a naked Grand Master and base Storm Ravens.

And he wants to "sqeeze in" a Vindicare...

As I said, over 3000pts.

Something like:

Coteaz

Inquisitor, psycannon

10 Purifiers, 4 psycannon

10 Purifiers, 4 psycannon

Vindicare

8 Acolytes, 3 melta, Jokaero, Rhino

9 Acolytes, 3 melta, Jokaero, Rhino

3 servitors, 3 plasma cannon, 3 acolytes, 3 plasma guns, 2 Jokaero, Chimera

Stormraven

Stormraven

Psyfleman Dread

Psyfleman Dread

I'll just post this here.. don't think it's been mentioned.

Over on Kirby's blog (http://kirbysblog-ic.blogspot.com/), they mentioned that you can put your Termies/Libby's/GKGM into Chimera's.

This is a great way to get a cheap transport for your TDA units.

I don't know about cheap, as you first have to buy an Inquisitor, and then have to buy a henchman warband and give them a Chimera as dedicated transport. That adds to the cost indirectly. And then your terminator models can't even begin the game inside the Chimera.

yeah, some of you take the fluff a little too seriously.

In real life, please wear a sign that says "I am The Rose Princes on B+C". That way if I ever see you, I can throw a cream pie in your face.

PS - Then I would send you to a treatment center so you could detect things like sarcasm, hyperbole and jokes like normal people can.

2500pts

HQ

Librarian

Might, Shroud, Sanctuary, Quicksilver, 2x Skulls, Teleport Homer

Elite

Venerable Dreadnought Assault Cannon/CCW+SB Psybolt

Venerable Dreadnought Assault Cannon/CCW+SB Psybolt

Troops

10 x GKT 4 Halberd, 4 Swords, 2 Hammers, 2 Psycannons, Psybolts

10 x GKT 4 Halberd, 4 Swords, 2 Hammers, 2 Psycannons, Psybolts

FA

Stormraven TL-LC/TL-MM

Stormraven TL-LC/TL-MM

Heavy

Dreadnought TL-AC/TL-AC Psybolt

Dreadnought TL-AC/TL-AC Psybolt

I have about 305 pts left to play with. Not sure if I want to add a GKSS with TL-LC Razorback, a GM or Terminator OMI, Techmarine with various toys. Leaning towards Techmarine plus toys and GKSS squad for home objective keeper and bolstered defenses for my sniping RifleDreads.

The basic plan for the list is to Flat-out move the Stormravens close together first turn, with the Librarian for shrouding and one GKT squad combat-squaded to fill both ravens along with the 2 Ven Dreads. The 2 Rifledreads, preferably in some kind of cover, will sit back and kill any enemy long guns and then Transports. Turn 2 the Ravens will only move 12" firing twice, deploying all passengers, shooting and assaulting as able. The second GKT squad will also be squaded with one to sit back and objective keep or otherwise to DS in as needed.

I realize this isn't really a competitive list, but I like the look of it for friendly games.

IIRC didn't the IG FAQ forbid putting allied GK Terminators in Chimeras and Valkyries?

Wouldn't matter even if it did. The IG Codex has no bearing over Codex: Grey Knights as you are using the Chimera Profile from the GK book. As it is not FAQed yet, Terminators can use Chimeras according to RAW.

"We armed these exo-suits with the latest in Dreadnought close combat weapons!"

"Great, what do they do?"

"Nothing... but they're the best!"

"....Huh?"

"And its got two of them!"

Later

"....and that's why I burned the Jokaero, Inquisitor. He was obviously touched by Chaos."

LOL

Agreed

So it's fine to exploit something you know will most probably be illegal in a few months? :D

This is a joke right? No one is exploiting anything. You don't know what GW intends only what they have written. If we all went on what we thought they meant instead of what is written we'd have athousand different rule sets and imagine the disagreements on 'rules as intended'. You may think you know what GW means here but that is it, you think. We all thought GW would allow extra armour on a Lib Dread but we were proven wrong, so all those people who argued that the rules didn't allow it but they didn't intend that and played it anyway just cheated. If i was your opponent and you told me I was exploiting this rule I'd tell you to shove it because you are the one exploiting something by thinking that because there isn't a rule saying you can't put them in and it is a little bit unclear, you would ask your opponent not to do something because it is benificial for you while being perfectly legal in rules.

All of this, 'I think this' and 'this was intended' crap has to stop. I was at a tournament the other day and after moving my Death Company in a way perfectly legal but in his mind not in fluff my opponent got very annoyed. I grabbed a mike and proceeded to tell the crowd how I was going to get sport hit because this guy thinks he should be writing the rules and explained this idiots problem. After an aplause the guy felt like a little stupid for effectively asking me to cheat in his favour and was quick to appologise.

Simply put, no one knows what GW are thinking at any one time, we can only go on what they write, It saves arguements from people having differing opinions on how they think a rule should be and makes for a more simple game. Please please grow up and realize it's a game with rules that lay out what you can and can't do. Right now he can, and I bet in the heat of battle if an inquistor really needed to get some termies somewhere, he'd have no problem letting them hi-jack a chimera.

Regards,

Crynn

Crynn you fully just lost some interwebz respect from me. And you must remember just because a rule does not say I can do something does not mean you can do it . There is no rule saying I cannot smack someone over the head with a Rugby sock full of Metal Dreadnoughts sure the Laws of any country say it would be assault But hey in 40 K my Dreads are fully able to assault their enemies. Look putting Termies in a Chimera is a Derp move and really does deserve a dread socking.

I would let you do it but in the same you are going to have to put up with my army having re-roll able 2++ saves.

Archived