Campaign: Liber Astartes

Cpt_Reaper

So... how do we start this then. I think we've got an overall campaign plot in the form of the Apostasy of the Damned St. Petrok (whatever we're gonna call this). Now how are we gonna designate chapters' to time periods, their roles in the conflict and the more intricate details of the action? We're gonna need some leadership here, and a concrete action plan that'll get everyone started if not soon, then immediately.

I just don't what to leave this hanging in the wind too long - heresy grows from idleness.

So... how do we start this then. I think we've got an overall campaign plot in the form of the Apostasy of the Damned St. Petrok (whatever we're gonna call this). Now how are we gonna designate chapters' to time periods, their roles in the conflict and the more intricate details of the action? We're gonna need some leadership here, and a concrete action plan that'll get everyone started if not soon, then immediately.

I just don't what to leave this hanging in the wind too long - heresy grows from idleness.

Ferrata is working on the unified plot. After he posts that up, things should get rolling.

Alright, I'm back. The campaign summary sounds good to me, so once Ferrata finishes typing up the final copy and we pore over it like crazed penguins over fish, we should probably move on to the next step, which, if I remember correctly, is divide up sectors based on plot and appoint sector chiefs.

Well I must admit I've basically got a whole story planned out in regards to my loyalist Chapter in this, which is funny as I haven't even really invented the Chapter itself yet. A short run down is the force of the Chapter fighting a grueling battle on a shrine/crypt world. Basically the whole world is one giant Imperial Crypt for saint and pilgrims etc. They are fighting against the Tau to A. Protet the sacred dead (not sure what the Tau are doing here, probably something to do with defilling the dead. and B. to recover the Holy finger bone of Saint Petrok, said to be able to heal any affliction. The other option is instead of Tau I go Nurgle Traitors. In fact that is starting to appeal to me. A cool idea would be for my guys to become bogged down, with the war looking to carry on endlessly, when help arrives from another Chapter from the Crusade which turns the tide. They stomp the rest of the enemy, only to find that it was a false lead and that the relic is no longer there, instead they find its true location. Que dramatic suit up and moving on.

Meh. I'll still most likely write it regardless, whether its St Petrok's remains or someone elses, it will still see work in some for or another. That is, of course, if I stop procrastinating long enough to write it.

Oh and on the topic of waiting to see what gonna happen with this: <Small child voice> Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Come on Ferratta! Are we ther eyet? </Small child voice>

I'm really looking forward to the opportunity to further the plot-line (if more recent for my Chapter) of The Lost Company of Captain Alastor and to push my loyalists closer to the edge of what the Imperium considers acceptable heavy-handedness versus requiring censure. Either way it goes, I'm definitely on board to make this work out and am willing to contribute both writing, research, plot development and artwork.

Careful. You don't know what your sector will be doing or who you'll be stuck...er...placed with. It's a good idea, though, and will hopefully see use in the end product.

I going to wait to see what’s going on in my sector :P , but as I’m still new to fluff writing going to start off small and see where it goes. :lol:

I cannot wait to get started on writing fluff!! I would already, but I has no idea what us Ultima/early-stagers will be doing yet...nor who we get to kill in the name of Him on Terra.

Silver Phoenix: I like the idea, and I think nurgle marines/death guard are much cooler opponents than tau, and will probvide a more intersting and believable story line. Maybe they want his finger to create a new plague??

Well, personally I'd like to see some kind of primary conflict where all Chapters will be represented at some point, rather than dividing us all up for the entire campaign. So, maybe at the very end everyone sends at least a company to the fight, given that they'd all taken part in the tale previously, and given the way Space Marines behave they'd probably feel insulted that somebody is trying to undo their efforts or turn them to another cause. And when marines get insulted, they get violent.

Also, can I pretty please have my Knights Venator listed as 7th founding? That's what it's supposed to be.

Someone is gonna need to be the overall writer.

Submit the plot points to him and let him write it. The different levels of writing ability will ruin the flow of the project, the better writers being pulled down by the crappy ones.

Nemesor: When you have about thirty chapters, that's three chapters worth of marines. And since we have so many 26th founding chapters, a gathering of that many chapters so recently would have shown up in one of the time lines.

And I'm sure Ferrata will change that whenever he has time.

M2C: I agree to a certain extent. Yes there should be an overall writer, but not for the whole thing. That would result in death and/or serious injury. I'd say more like one person per campaign sector, as those will be more divided up, so a break in writing styles won't be noticed as much.

I would personally rather one editor/leader for each sector. Each participant sends in what they have written and the area lead/editor edits and spruces it up, gets the areas snippets together and then transforms then into the appropriate section of the book. That was one person is not overwhelmed by having to write reams and reams of fluff and everyone has their Chater represented as they want them to be. For example I particularly want to write a piece about my new Chapter, in fact no one else could really because I'm basically developing them as I write. I however, dont have the time nor the skill to write about everyone elses Chapter in my region (whatever that ends up being). And I certainly wouldn't have the termerity to attempt to write about one of Ace's Chapters, or really anyone elses as I wouldn't feel that I had the right to or, for that matter the skill.

who are some of the older chapters? my children of eternity are 4th founding, so they might be the great grandpas in the campaign.

my chapter's based on the ultima/eastern fringe but thats only the homeworld, there really more fleet based and spend time at homeworld for gatherings, pilgrimage, debriefing, etc. so my fellas can go wherever duty calls. the fringe is where the heart is though :jaw:

*Khalidus is sharpening his scimitar, waiting for blood. The Zealots will rise.....*

Archived