Campaign: Liber Astartes

Cpt_Reaper

Hmmmmm....this actually fits nicely with my chapter fluff. Since they are out playing around beyond the reach of the Astronomican for all but the M41 stuff, I will have to make this part of the 'random stuff the inquisition has the chapter do to prove their loyalist status' and sign up for the last three parts. I can do that, right?

Consider the entirety of the Dragons of the Void fleet at your disposal (or whatever smaller part you need, but remember, at least one 50 man company!)

No. 6. I want my Captain of M41 to take part, so yeah. I also want to see my marines, seeing almost total chaos on the planet to feel they have free reign (so they think). Cyrian can be a disobedient little bugger sometimes...

I love the write up! Looks like we're fully underway now.

I'll opt in for Chapters 5 and 6. As my Chapter is 26th Founding they should have a decent enough presence to contribute something, in Chapter 5 probably only one Company but several more for Chapter 6. Chapter 5 sounds great for my humanitarian marines they would be horrified by the pilgrims.

Hmmm, not sure now. I'm not sure if my new guys fit any of the Chapters :) Maybe 2a or 2 C They would work in 6 but, hmmm.

Iron Dragons would probably work well in 5, stiring up the uprisings of Pilgrims. That would work pretty cool, actually.

Looking at it my new loyalists (who I really have to settle on a name for) would fit into 1, helping Petrok take the worlds. Then maybe 6, feeling honour bound to help the sector again. The Iron Dragons Pre-Heresy would actually work fairly cool in 1 as well. I think that would add a little bit of good story telling to them. Their loyalist at the start and then come back as traitors later in the piece to stir up trouble.

I would like to sign up my Sanguinary Crusaders in Chapter 1, Chapter 2 (A), and late Chapter 5 through Chapter 6.

My chapter was originally a fleet chapter that went on crusades, and was founded before Chapter 1 (so Chapter 1 fits). So they helped.

Then Chapter 2 (A) would be after my chapter had shifted their crusades to the Obscurus Segmentum. They hate heretics, rebels, and the taint of chaos, so they embarked on a crusade there.

Late Chapter 5 would be them responding to the mass rebellions.

And finally, Chapter 6 would be them saying, "Oh, our chapter helped this guy get his powers, we have been slighted! We have helped the enemy!" so they would go across because of honor.

Anyway that Chapter 2B The Rigrot Waagh! can be set early to mid M38 instead, if so I have plans for my Sons of Pyron here. If not, I'll have to rethink things.

EDIT:

If 2B takes place too early for my plans, put me in for Chapter 3 instead ... won't be as fun, but I still get to kill.

Well if my new loyalists get into both 1 and 6 the hero that led them in 1 will be a ven dread in 6. Either that or there will be a dread as the only living marine from them that was in the first conflict. Either or I'm gonna make some cool dread charecter rules.

The Sanguinary Phalanx will opt into 2C, 5 and 6. If required, they can make cameo appearances in 3 (honor debt to Black Swans) and 4 (tie into the last two chapters).

Ooooh Dreads almost forgot them, definatly gonna have some Dreads along but for mostly non-dead heroes I got this guy:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s15/RiderKnight/damianbrute.jpg

Captain Damian Brute of the Radiant Lions First Company commonly referred to within the chapter as the Frater Argentum.

I got a few other standouts too but this is the one I got the most planned for right now.

The Guardian Eagles are fleet-based and have been censured/sent on far-reaching penitent crusades in the past... they could really pop up in any chapter at any time... don't mind to be assigned a place.

However, it would be preference to make an appearance at least once before chapter four, and participate in chapter 5 or 6. I want to explore the Eagles' reaction upon finding out that they had (unwittingly) helped bring about heresy, and watch as they tear themselves apart in paranoia, judgment and self-flagellation. I envision at the end, everyone who had associated with those that helped the 'saint' to be made to undergo penitence/mind wipes, while the chapter master is so upset and paranoid of the heresy tainting him that he demands to be arco-flagellated, while the Prosecutor executes himself for not being paranoid enough and fulfilling his duty.

There is interesting potential also in exploring how the Eagles would interact with other more lenient chapters, so a 'team-based' environment would be cool too. I wouldn't mind the Eagles being a sort of antagonist in the actions they're involved in/be destroyed in the resulting internecine fighting.

BTW, very nice outline. Thanks for the time and effort put into making this!

The Angels Unrelenting stand ready to serve in chapter 2C. We are a fleet based DA successor chapter from the (app) 13th founding, recruiting from Pacificus. If you need us in any other chapter of this, we will be there.

EDIT:

Changed my mind. :devil:

The Red Lords would fit best with 4 and possibly 6 if I can get away with it.

In an ideal world, they'd also feature earlier in the Campaign, although they'll only play minor roles and/or suffer heavy losses so everyone else gets to do the cool stuff.

The Rift Lords (and their henchmen) can play antagonist all the way through for the Obscurus lads if needed, although I'll probably have Chapter 4 as their big moment, and only a small contingent for part 6, to keep the focus of the fight on the evil saint guy.

Of course, if these plans don't meet with approval, I'll think up something else. ^_^

The Sons of Lightning would gladly respond to aid their fellow Astartes in Chapter 2B or Chapter 3. As I'm not overtly attached to any ideas about their undefeated-ness, I have absolutely no issues being defeated/forced into retreat/stalled/troubled by the Orks. I'd obviously like to win them all :devil: but I am a realist and I know we can't win all the fights all the time ^_^

Chapter 2(a): The Timmingburg Rebellions

Time: M36 (during Age of Apostasy)

Lord-Inquisitor Timmingburg was granted the sword of Petrok after the Commanders death. However, the fate of T’burg would leave the swords in the hands of chaos (at this point, nobody knows that the sword was the one that corrupted T’burg). Slowly descending from puritan to radical to Chaos worshipper, T’burg manages to become the leader of a number of war bands across the Thaddium systems. His preaching leads to out-right rebellion that requires a number of Space Marine chapters to put down. The sword is eventually claimed and purified by the Imperium and placed on display upon Thaddium Prime.

I just realised that this part of the story especially is perfect for the Rift Lords, if we can go into any depth with it.

This is doubly true if I can do a little background on the Inquisitor in the run-up to his fall - The Rift Lords might, for instance, give him a moral nudge or two in the 'right direction' after Timmingburg attempts to track them down and destroy them with his nice new sword.

As a bonus, the suggestion that they were a factor in corrupting the Inquisitor's mind makes it less obvious the sword had anything to do with it. :)

Chapter 2©: The Limetiri Conflict

Time: M39

The bones of Petrok are stolen from the Imperial Guard recruitment world of Imurth. The raiders, initially known solely as the Limetiri, are chased by a combined force of Astartes and Guard. The Limetiri are linked to a traitor chapter that have used the bones as bait to lure in the Imperial forces. Before the full plan comes to brunt, the Imperium makes a hasty fighting retreat. They manage to claim the bones, but are badly hurt in the conflict. The worlds are lost to the rebellious forces but at least they got the Saint's bones back.

The Dire Wolves would fit this story , they might even sacrifice a company to defend a doomed planet as they would never retreat from a fight with traitors :P . But they were not founded until M40 ((25th Founding)), so it’s a no go, unless the time line could be changed? :) If pushed I could change the founding. :)

Chapter 6: The Saint Awakes

Time: 837.M41

Petrok finally rises from his slumber, only as a prince of Chaos. He rips the fabric of reality and the warp and daemons flood forward across the Tasryn. Forced to abandon the planet, the Astartes send for reinforcements in a hope to stop this plague spreading further. This now turns into a standard military campaign like the original, only this time Petrok is on the other side. He is finally slain and the relics destroyed.

My Direwing company could be sent to hunt chaos, Specially if they suspect Fallen involvement, but again Ultima is a long way from Pacificus so if would only be as a support role. :P

Edit: This could make an interesting link, revenge for the lose of a company in The Limetiri Conflict….

Archived