Campaign: Liber Astartes

Cpt_Reaper

I was referring to the fact that most of the Frater want their Chapter in parts 4, 5 or 6. Way things are going I won't have anyone to fight because they've all been shoe horned in at the end. It was meant as a light hearted comment, but I can see that it could have been taken another way :(

I was just puzzled, is all. :lol:

I think perhaps my bionic sense enhancer isn't working right.

That's the last time I trust Brother 'Honest' John the Techmarine with the repairs. :lol:

So, which part(s) are your Reavers going to be in?

I'm sure someone will step up to the plate and have a shot at them.

I wasn't in much of a good mood (Work has left a sour taste in my mouth, so it wasn't your bionic sense enhancer ;) ) last night and despite myself tried to make a funny. When I'm in such a mood I usually stop posting until I'm my usual self again. But I digress.

I figure my 'Reavers would be best suited in 2C. They're in the right area, the right Era and once I've made a tweek or too regarding their fluff, perfect for causing trouble by stealing relics :(

my chapters fit any, but the characters i wanted to focus on are basically M41.900 onwards. What is the average age of a Chapter Master in command or captains or Chaplains? that will help me see if I can rework some date with my chapter. as of now my chapter master was born in M41.890 and my Chaplain Zealot is around M41.900-920 range. If i rewrite them for the M41.830s that would put them well over 200 years of age for non-BA geneseed(since BA are young when there like 400). Is that plausible or are we talking old marines at over 200 yrs of age if there not BA (my children have Ferrus Manus genesed).

I just really wanna see my name sake Chaplain Zealot Khalidus utterly destroy a word bearer dark apostle. I could write into the story of how he took the skull of dark apostle maefus, and in that battle khalidus lost his left eye and right arm during the battle. that would be a nice backstory to why Khalidus is all bionic'd out and its mentioned in my IA so its nice background fluff :(

I can do pretty much any of them as my guys are fleet based with a homeworld on the eastern fringe. You can put my guys anywhere, I just particularly dont wana fight orks (i find them boring species compared to others) so place me where needed.

we are allowed to have our chapters fight in two time slots?

You could probably explain it with bionics? I mean, the whole reason an old person gets old is because their flesh becomes weak. If you replace that weak flesh with steel, then it'd be just as new :lol:

good point!

my chapter isnt big on bionics but that does make sense. and i read that is seems most space marines that are of non-BA lineage, they can be well into their 400s, 500s.

sign me up for my one of the last parts, and if possible a beginning part since the COE are one of the grandpas of this project. I need to fight some Word Bearers lol. So Looks like the tail end of these campaigns in 41.830s is when Ch. master Cadmus Vaggoth will rise and Arca Khalidus will begin making a name for himself as the newly appointed Chaplain-Zealot of the Children of Eternity. So the legend begins.... :lol:

My Marines Invictus are set to take part in the Anti-Ork campagins - 2B and 3. Assisting the Black Swans in defense of their homeworld and then avenging them in the crusades of honour.

I've only seen one other chapter step forward -

SECTION 2B - Rigrot waaagh!

Marines Invictus

Sons of Pyron

SECTION 3 - Crusades of honour

Marines Invictus

This is what i'm seeing so far.

btw the black swans were an elite mujahideen unit in the Bosnian army 7th Muslim Brigada against the serbs. it was mostly foreign fighters leaving afghanistan in the 1980s. they had bosniak elites join the Black Swans as well. they basically obliterated serb forces left and right and were heavily feared by the serbs. many retired after the war and were given citizenship by Bosnian President alija izetbegovic in Bosnia and apparently live there today. There symbol was a black swan with two crossed scimitars and muslim declaration of faith (the shahada) underneath the swords.

just thought id throw that out there guys. Blacks Swans!

I prefer the movie The Black Swan, Error Flynn at his best.

EDIT:

Black Swans

Marines Invictus

Sons of Pyron

Black Swans

Marines Invictus

Sons of Pyron

I can take part if Section 3 also if needed. Here's what I had in mind (needs to be sometime M38).

- Sons are fighting along side their Astartes brothers.

- During battle, call from Pryon comes in about Ork attack

- Once allies have advantage, Sons withdraw and set off towards Pryon

- Loss of Sons turns tide of battle, now its not a clear victory anymore

On to Section 3, I don't see the Swans taking 2k years to start to reclaim thier honor ... but thats just me.

- After battle begins, Sons return

- Other Astartes look poorly on Sons because of their earlier withdrawl

- Sons throw themselves into the battle in silence, with no regard for their safety

How's that sound for my part?

These are the only two Tempestus Section for all these folks. (plus me)

Tempestus
Gryphon Guard 3 Sigismund Himself
Knights Griffon 14 Firenze
Eagle Claws 11 Gree
Hounds of the Hunt 21 Madwolf Shadowmane
Sons of Lightning 22 Shinzaren
Lions of Radiance 26 Captain Forcystus
Night Scorpions 26 Gil Galad

Interesting, are you going to write up the chapters background? I dont think its a bad name, a swan can be seen as a symbol of purity

if feratta wanted me to write something up fr the black swans i will. im not sure how much detail he wants of them known

btw the black swans were an elite mujahideen unit in the Bosnian army 7th Muslim Brigada against the serbs. it was mostly foreign fighters leaving afghanistan in the 1980s. they had bosniak elites join the Black Swans as well. they basically obliterated serb forces left and right and were heavily feared by the serbs. many retired after the war and were given citizenship by Bosnian President alija izetbegovic in Bosnia and apparently live there today. There symbol was a black swan with two crossed scimitars and muslim declaration of faith (the shahada) underneath the swords.

A Black Swan also appears on the flag and coat of arms of Western Australia , is in the name of several books and there is The Black Swan Theory but very few people are going associate any of these with the name Black Swans, Let alone an elite mujahideen unit :) . Did you know the name “Thule” from a character from Dawn of War was worn an the Cuff titles of the 5th Grenadiers of the 3rd Waffen-SS division during World War 2? Just relax, at the end of the day it the name of a bird :thanks: .

I like the name Black Swans, but are they Space Marines or just an Imperial Guard unit? I can’t remember it saying?

Ecritter - I like how you are fitting the campaign into you IA, i dont think my chapter would have a problem with the Sons leaving, more likely as stubborn sons of Dorn they would see the chance for more glory.

With regards the Black Swans honour, i think Ferrata ment that the swans attacked the Def Mek worlds alone immediately after the assault on their homeworld and were destroyed. The crusades of honour come 2,000 years after as our chapters seek to avenge them and recover Petrok's banner.

The Black Swan name was taken randomly from the B&C chapter name creator. ;)

With the dearth of later-founding Chapters, I'd like to see if anyone has an issue with me switching out the Sanguinary Phalanx (22nd Founding) for the Five Suns Chapter (a 4th Founding Chapter that I am putting together). It just seems that everyone is signed on late (maybe I missed the people who said they'd party on in Part 1) and I'd like to make sure that we have ample support in the first few parts of this.

Thoughts?

A Black Swan also appears on the flag and coat of arms of Western Australia , is in the name of several books and there is The Black Swan Theory but very few people are going associate any of these with the name Black Swans, Let alone an elite mujahideen unit :D . Did you know the name “Thule” from a character from Dawn of War was worn an the Cuff titles of the 5th Grenadiers of the 3rd Waffen-SS division during World War 2? Just relax, at the end of the day it the name of a bird ;) .

I like the name Black Swans, but are they Space Marines or just an Imperial Guard unit? I can’t remember it saying?

banelord i wasnt upset at the name at all, i just instantly thought of the Bosnian Black Swans lol. I picture the black swans SM as being like these low key recon teams, like super scouts. hmmmm maybe ill make my own astartes called the Blood Swans :D

I concur that a lot of people are focussing on the end and the earlier sections are being forgotten. So, I will say this, can people only select from the earlier parts of the the campaign unless they can only fit (late founding) sections. I think the last couple might have a lot of chapters present but really small forces from each (like a squad)

I concur that a lot of people are focussing on the end and the earlier sections are being forgotten. So, I will say this, can people only select from the earlier parts of the the campaign unless they can only fit (late founding) sections. I think the last couple might have a lot of chapters present but really small forces from each (like a squad)

im up for early part as well as a later part. for later part in 41.830s i basically just wanted to get a couple squads of my zealots (like 10 marines) involved, and have my newly appointed chaplain battle a dark apostle.

My Marines Invictus are set to take part in the Anti-Ork campagins - 2B and 3. Assisting the Black Swans in defense of their homeworld and then avenging them in the crusades of honour.

Marines Invictus

Sons of Pyron

Marines Invictus

That's not true at all. My Sons of Lightning volunteered right after Ecritter for the task of slaying Orks :D Though that was back like 2 pages already...

The Sons of Lightning would gladly respond to aid their fellow Astartes in Chapter 2B or Chapter 3. As I'm not overtly attached to any ideas about their undefeated-ness, I have absolutely no issues being defeated/forced into retreat/stalled/troubled by the Orks. I'd obviously like to win them all B) but I am a realist and I know we can't win all the fights all the time :)

EDIT: Not to mention Sigi's Gryphon Guard volunteered themselves for Chapter 3 as well.

Marines Invictus

Sons of Pyron

Marines Invictus

That's not true at all. My Sons of Lightning volunteered right after Ecritter for the task of slaying Orks :) Though that was back like 2 pages already...

The Sons of Lightning would gladly respond to aid their fellow Astartes in Chapter 2B or Chapter 3. As I'm not overtly attached to any ideas about their undefeated-ness, I have absolutely no issues being defeated/forced into retreat/stalled/troubled by the Orks. I'd obviously like to win them all :( but I am a realist and I know we can't win all the fights all the time :)

EDIT: Not to mention Sigi's Gryphon Guard volunteered themselves for Chapter 3 as well.

I just had a mental picture of the scene in Star Wars where everybody is volunteering.

This sounds very interesting. Since I've got four chapters to work with - where do you need more? And is there any other assistance I could offer?

Assuming you'll still take me. :)

This sounds very interesting. Since I've got four chapters to work with - where do you need more? And is there any other assistance I could offer?

Assuming you'll still take me. :)

Haven't seen you around in a while ... was starting to miss you. :confused:

I'm not in charge, or anywhere near it, but I vote we let you join our merry band.

To assist with the earlier parts of the campaign, the Five Suns will participate in Part 1 for sure and any other part where they might be required. So remove the Sanguinary Phalanx from the later stages (unless I incorporate them into some fluff later).

summary: Hellbenders - 2C - willing to suffer losses

My Hellbenders marines are having their history records corrected due to new material uncovered by scribe-adepts toiling in the Chapter vaults (or perhaps I got my hands on some new background and I'm reworking it)

It turns out they are actually a 23rd or 24th founding chapter, based on events I tied their creation to, so they are available to fight for the bones in Section 2C as a younger (barely out of their first millennium at best) chapter out to make a name for themselves and it's near our side of town. Also, I'd be happy to have a concrete event unassociated with the Sabbat worlds to keep my numbers down (read as: more than willing to incur significant losses in the battle) for my (still very WIP) IA.

Being embattled in the very heart of the chaos worlds rimward of the Sabbat Crusade by M41, our ability to contribute anywhere in the 4/5/6 concluding sections would necessarily be limited to a demi-company at very most, and probably no more than a token couple of squads.

edit: actually, this may be better suited for later in the process, but I wanted to write it down to record it. Being of Salamander descent, we'll want to hold to the last man, so our losses might be incurred while covering the Imperial retreat.

I would like to have in the last section only a small delegation from my Chapter. As the only fought in the first section I think Maybe two or three members from the Chapter. This would consist of the Venerable Dread who was the commander of the first force that fought alongside Petrok, the current Chapter Master or, mor likely, the Company Captain and maybe a tech serf or techmarine to lok after the big guy who is starting to loose it.

For part 5 I think I will just have a small group of members from my Chapter with a bunch more accompanied by Captain Damian Brute and Brother Darius the Undying, an Ironclad Dreadnought coming to aid them in part 6

As it is im debating 4 again, with a group guarding the Tempestus relic on it's journey and then sticking around thus becoming the group in part 5 that contacts the Chapter in Part 6 for reinforcements when things all go to hell. I would spread them out more but Tempestus seems to be oddly inactive and the fact they are 26th founding makes my options limited

Archived