• 4 months later...

Finally had a break from the grind of life to post these.

gallery_61107_6077_24061.jpggallery_61107_6077_5662.jpggallery_61107_6077_34710.jpggallery_61107_6077_41405.jpg

Hes all but sculpted with the exception of his boarding shield that will lay broken on his base once his squad has been sculpted.

I thought the boarding shield would obscurer the sculpt too much so created a Iron Hand gauntlet on his hand which i dont know if it shows in the photos.

Once a gifted captain a bolter round prematurely detonating on his shoulder pad while saving his life all but destroyed his brilliant mind .

Now instead of a cold calculating strategist all that remains is a instinctive brutish savage more akin to a World Eater than an Iron Hand.

His tendency to break formation sees his bolter fixed to his chest should he regain coherency during battle.

His ball and chain weapon was a gift by a now fallen battle brother to keep him grounded during his meteoric rise to captain, the ball representing the burden of command and each chain link a brother lost under his command.

It seems that this symbol of his old station bears heavily on him and manifests in a need to avenge each link of the chain in a bloody frenzy.

@ dogfender each chain link is crushed flat so it represents a more oval link than a typical round link of jeweler chain this stiffens the chain so it is more ridged and allows more surface contact for the glue as I wont paint the chain if it does break I burn off glue with a lighter and re-position it

THIS IS AMAZING!!! I've just read through the whole thread and every single conversion you've done has marveled me more than the last one, you are great with greenstuff but your skills with plasticard are EVEN BETTER! I've of course subscribed, this last marine with the chain-maul is breathtaking, the broken faceplate with the skull behind looks ace and the pose is so dynamic. Also your servo-skulls are awesome, the one with the legs and the tiny arms is such a great idea! Edited by Bryan Blaire
Please don't replace letters with symbols, it is a violation of the B&C rules on Swear Filter dodges.

I never get tired of looking through your thread, and the newest edition is top notch! So much action shown in this model, it's very impressive and my favorite of yours to date. Is it a counts-as Thunder Hammer?

It's so great to finally see this complete! Really stellar sculpting and awesome details. I think you made the right choice with not using the boarding shield and I really like the fluff you wrote for him. Looking forward to seeing more!

• 4 years later...

gallery_61107_6077_9731.jpggallery_61107_6077_11385.jpggallery_61107_6077_5716.jpg

ImmortalArt.jpg

Hi Guys, it has been an age since I last posted as I have moved country, Covid and life.

Haven't been idle though and do have a bit of a back log to show now that I have sorted my camera.

The model of Iron Hands destroyer is based off the above image.

I would have liked to make a direct homage to this model but was limited by the components available.

Thanks to the mods for the assistance in firing up my old post.

Edited by jokaero weaponsmith