My descent into Heresy continues.

Using the short story Riven as an inspiration.

Those that follow are the beginnings of an Iron Hands command structure of shattered and bitter survivors of Isstvan V.

KULLDAK

gallery_61107_6077_19506.jpggallery_61107_6077_51099.jpg

gallery_61107_6077_48928.jpggallery_61107_6077_15950.jpg

SLAEGUR

gallery_61107_6077_48358.jpggallery_61107_6077_47429.jpg

gallery_61107_6077_17745.jpggallery_61107_6077_78822.jpg

This thread got better and better as I scrolled down the page. You've got an eye for posing that really makes these miniatures into characters. Great job!

Edited by Commissar Molotov

gallery_61107_6077_55407.jpg

I have pretty much finished up my second Mark One Terminator.

Really enjoyed the challenge of making him as a rendition of Greyalls work and trying to make him distinctly a son of Ferrus.

A few peices are just blue tacked on for both painting and the possiblility I might push the conversion of the peices abit further in the future.

Tried to keep close to orginal image while twisting it slightly to make it my own,. I hope Greyall likes it.

Any suggestions or comments welcome.

gallery_61107_6077_66540.jpggallery_61107_6077_26833.jpggallery_61107_6077_8703.jpg

:,) My god, how did I miss this? This demands retribution...

Fantastic stuff as usual. Kulldak has the best pose I've seen in a long time.

"I'm waiting..." (enemy flees) :happy.:

Amazing stuff! Cant wait to see them painted up.

My question for you is about the chains: How did you keep them from clogging? I assume you used a thin glue for it (i have done this before, however it was fragile, and some of the links clogged).

Just read this through. :blink.:

You have dome some truly amazing work here. Well designed ideas skilfully resolved into some exceptional models. You really capture movement & character with each build.

I am thoroughly impressed.

Keep up the good work! :cool.:

Cheers,

Arg 

Holy #%$ that is some amazing work! I would cut off a finger for greenstuff skills like that!

Thank you for sharing your awesome work!

Careful, you might not be able to use them any more.

These fellas really are spectacular, thanks for sharing your work with us.

Wow guys thanks for all the positive feedback glad you like them.

My question for you is about the chains: How did you keep them from clogging? I assume you used a thin glue for it (i have done this before, however it was fragile, and some of the links clogged).

It took a while to work out a method. Thankfully when it does get clogged you can pull chain out and heat it with a lighter and burn off the clogging.

To fix the chain I drill a small hole and use a needle with the eye cut open to apply the glue in the drill hole, after I apply the chain and I am happy with it I add a tiny bit of green stuff to reinforce the chain.

Absolutely phenomenal - each time I look at them, I notice a new detail which makes me giddy.

Much of that detail is inspired by your computer work Iron Hands Fanatic so credits to you.

Current challenge is to move past the cog motifs and work out a way to do your fine circuit board motif (at this rate you'll owe me a whole ribbon of green stuff before I get it right ;) )

Slaegur has a few hidden symbols on his person kind of glad they don't stand out but hopefully they are visible when I finish a bit of a back story to these two.

Edited by jokaero weaponsmith

gallery_61107_6077_92425.jpg

A work in progress and my descent into heresy has begun

@jokaeero weaponsmith - Nice idea. Minor nit pick, that is very obviously a Two-Handed Sword or at least a Bastard. The hilt is too small.

For you guys that havent seen it yet check out Iron Hands Fanatic work over in the heresy forum http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/295603-30k-vehicle-automata-concepts-massive-auxilia-rules-post/page-5 His drawing is the basis of the below work.

LEGION MALEVOLANT DREADNOUGHT TALON:

gallery_61107_6077_49974.jpg

It is still a WIP so a lot is held in place by blue tack so maybe a little crooked and there is still alot of pipe work and detailing missing.

Still trying to forge out the character of the battle brother interred before I start embellishment of the dreadnought.

@jokaeero weaponsmith - I love that Dreadnought!

That pose and certainly the head reminds me of the Gopher from Caddyshack:laugh.: