That champion is fantastic. The pose, the greenstuff, it's amazing. I'm looking forward to seeing how that other guy turns out.

Also, where did you get the bionic arm that's holding the sword? I could do with a few like that for my own Iron Hands.

My descent into Heresy continues.

Using the short story Riven as an inspiration.

Those that follow are the beginnings of an Iron Hands command structure of shattered and bitter survivors of Isstvan V.

KULLDAK

gallery_61107_6077_19506.jpggallery_61107_6077_51099.jpg

gallery_61107_6077_48928.jpggallery_61107_6077_15950.jpg

SLAEGUR

gallery_61107_6077_48358.jpggallery_61107_6077_47429.jpg

gallery_61107_6077_17745.jpggallery_61107_6077_78822.jpg

Now I mean this in the nicest possible way.

I hate you.

These are awesome, my jealousy is verging on violence.

Bloody hell joker....nice...

All the things awesome

Love the old school dread...reminds me of ED209

Edit: forgot to mention ...love the strog style servitor conversion too...

Edited by Andvarr A

Thanks guys for the positive feed back

@ Luna707 your own Iron Hands have been incredibly inspirational so must I thank you

@Vairocanum I can honest say I had not considered a bolter round as I thought it would be an outright kill if it had done that much damage to the helmet but I think you could be onto something will seriously look into this

@ Feirros the bionics are from maxmini probably my favourite bionics even if the stock poses are some what awkward but they are great if your are not afraid to hack them up

@Andvarr A most of the credit for the old school dread can be laid squarely at the feet of IHF please take the time to have a look though his work

@ The Hydra and MikhalLeNoir for taking the time to write and for your positive feed back it means a lot .

@ Kraad Belaak thanks for the praise I think, seriously like you're avatar name would mind if I possibly used it for a character?

In the Space Wolf novels by William King, a sergeant got shot in the head which blew out a chunk of his skull leaving the brain exposed and he didn't die (but couldn't fight or even walk anymore). I don't know if this would fit in with current canon cause the Space Wolf series is pretty old. But looking at your guy the skull is still intact, so maybe the helmet took the brunt of the shot leaving him very very angry and with one hell of a headache.

@ Luna707 your own Iron Hands have been incredibly inspirational so must I thank you

@Vairocanum I can honest say I had not considered a bolter round as I thought it would be an outright kill if it had done that much damage to the helmet but I think you could be onto something will seriously look into this

@ Feirros the bionics are from maxmini probably my favourite bionics even if the stock poses are some what awkward but they are great if your are not afraid to hack them up

@Andvarr A most of the credit for the old school dread can be laid squarely at the feet of IHF please take the time to have a look though his work

@ The Hydra and MikhalLeNoir for taking the time to write and for your positive feed back it means a lot .

@ Kraad Belaak thanks for the praise I think, seriously like you're avatar name would mind if I possibly used it for a character?

Mate, I can assure you of one thing. Cheese is the greatest invention known to man or god.

That and it was 100% praise, you're killin me with how good those blokes look.

Use the name in any way you want mate, I'll just use the character as a display picture!

Mate, I can assure you of one thing. Cheese is the greatest invention known to man or god.

That and it was 100% praise, you're killin me with how good those blokes look.

Use the name in any way you want mate, I'll just use the character as a display picture!

Sometimes there's an epic talent, and usually the story is told better because of epic work

I thought I would do a proper WIP for once for this guy.

So far I have roughed out the stance and the leg armor and have started adding detail to the upper thigh armor.

I have also roughed out the body armor and started detailing the exposed bionics below the damaged chest armor. I just wish the photos showed it a bit more, but hopefully you get the idea .

gallery_61107_6077_30302.jpggallery_61107_6077_1638.jpg

Got a pretty good back story fleshed out in my head for this guy which helps guide the design process as to how his armor would look and the detailing he would embellish his armor with prior to the head wound.

Any comments and criticisms welcomed.

Omg. Gimme that marine. I want it so bad for my own marines. Sooooooooo good.

I thought I would do a proper WIP for once for this guy.

So far I have roughed out the stance and the leg armor and have started adding detail to the upper thigh armor.

I have also roughed out the body armor and started detailing the exposed bionics below the damaged chest armor. I just wish the photos showed it a bit more, but hopefully you get the idea .

gallery_61107_6077_30302.jpggallery_61107_6077_1638.jpg

Got a pretty good back story fleshed out in my head for this guy which helps guide the design process as to how his armor would look and the detailing he would embellish his armor with prior to the head wound.

Any comments and criticisms welcomed.

I have progressed a bit further by have reached a cross road and I am unsure as to how to progress which do you guys think works best.

gallery_61107_6077_27500.jpggallery_61107_6077_2525.jpggallery_61107_6077_11409.jpg

Do I have him with a shield which would allow me to have some chapter iconography, although after looking at these shots the shield needs to be up higher so he is glaring over it more and slightly tilted back over chest a bit more.

gallery_61107_6077_1983.jpggallery_61107_6077_40917.jpggallery_61107_6077_14829.jpg

Or without the shield although the chain would need to loop up to his empty hand and I am not sure I have pulled off the damaged shoulder pad very well.

Either way I think I will do a chain loincloth and have a pipe running from the left of the helmet to his chest as it looks a bit bland.

Edited by jokaero weaponsmith

If you keep the shield that will hide the damaged shoulder too much. I like the idea of the chain going to the other hand, might give you some colorful options for some decoration on the end of the chain. 

Also, what is your technique to keep the chain rigid? 

• 3 weeks later...

In the nicest possible way - your stuff is ridiculous! Fantastic stuff. The posing and composition as well as the technical skill on display is awesome. A technical question with your greenstuff work, do you mainly build up in to the shapes you want or have more of a subtraction shaping of it (or a combination)? Either way you must have exceptional patience to get these guys looking like this. 

Edited by Hrolf the Cunning