Clever Girl... - Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge

Greyall

Thanks, everyone, it's awesome to be back.

Aye, Firepower, you're right, my cloths need work.

Working on Aquilanus' symbol, now =)

Ooh! Happy bunny here, as I'm 38 years standard tomorrow and it'll be a perfect surprise laugh.png

Hey frater, your Tywin is incredible ! Well, always a pleasure to see your exquisite work, keep-on the sharing, its huge.

Dunno, personally, I would have seen Tywin as a BT, more austere than the Lion's chapter heritant. His sons would be the perfect guess for a DA (or the cross between a BA and an EC...).

DS

Thanks, matey =)

Hmm...well, I chose the DA for the obvious Lion similarity, then it was a matter of forging a place for him. The man's treacherous and ruthless as hell, so I could see him leading the DA successor chapter in charge of dealing with all them pesky witnesses and inquirers. Actually, that'd make for some great stories, I think, with some heavy political intrigue - not to the point of boredom, of course.

Thanks, matey =)

Hmm...well, I chose the DA for the obvious Lion similarity, then it was a matter of forging a place for him. The man's treacherous and ruthless as hell, so I could see him leading the DA successor chapter in charge of dealing with all them pesky witnesses and inquirers. Actually, that'd make for some great stories, I think, with some heavy political intrigue - not to the point of boredom, of course.

Hehe, you undoubtfully've got a point with the treacherous DA heritage 8)

"hmmm Heresy's raging on Earth, I doub't we arrive in time for the fight but we sure will be there in full regalia to praise the winner..."

Tywin would make a cool Jacq Draco's face too... Hmmmm auld times !

Well, since Firepower went to town on you already (and said what I was going to say about the cloth, anyways) I'll just say that the lion on the shoulder pauldron looks like he's stifling a giggle.  Maybe that's in character (I know jack spit about GoT), but it just seems a little odd just on first impression. 

Love the facial expression for the Marine and the roaring lions on the grieves, though.

Thanks, Death Knight =)

Hmm, not for now, I think. I just wanted to vent all my excitement for GoT's last season. For now I have about 6 more drawings and a lot of productive routine-building to do.

Plus I'm not really into cross-overs. I'm immensely thankful to Deviantart for giving me a stand on which to show my artwork, but the truth is you start seeing some creeeeepy cross-over stuff - and promptly fear the very concept. A pity, really, but it does irk me a bit. This one came out nice, but then I'd be drawing pretty boy-Rob as a grimdark Space Wolf/Space Winter Marine and my eyes would implode.

PS: Nothing against the actor playing Rob, I quite like the guy, but it's just not 40k material.

@Zephyr: Sorry, brother, meant to answer you sooner. I think I got the shoulder lion pretty faithfully. It's an ugly piece, to be honest, much like cathedral gargoyles.

http://cripplesbastardsandbrokenthings.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/richest-fictional-characters-tywin-lannister-game-of-thrones.jpg

It says something about Tywin that a lion with human features isn' the ugliest thing about him...

Probably because it really got itself stuck in my head. Specifically, the part of the brain that fuels nightmares...seriously, that thing's just horrific, I considered drawing a normal lion just to cool down the creep-o-meter.

It says something about Tywin that a lion with human features isn' the ugliest thing about him...

Very, very true.  But as a side note, you have to give the costume/armor designers a lot of credit in that show for taking a visual concept and running with it.  Charles Dance's armor is in some parts a replica, and in others wildly divergent from a set of Lion armor circa italy in the 1500s which is on display at the musee de l'armee- which they believe was made as a pair with the suit that inspired Jaime Lannister's armor in the scene where the two speak as Tywin is carving up a deer, rather symbolically.  As ugly as those pauldron lion heads may seem, they are nothing compared to the gormless, flat featured lion faces on the originals.  The end product is a lot more visually striking and conveys the power behind the Lannister name.

You could say the Hound's and Bronn's fighting pragmatism would fit the Space Wolves or Flesh Tearers, but they're a bit too much on the "bad" side of things.

Incidently, the Starks are more like the Imperial Fists or Ultramarines, what with their love for duty and morals.

Even with the multitude of Chapters you have - and those you can create, these aren't two very interchangeable universes.

Archived