Clever Girl... - Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge

Greyall

Hot damn, he's back

And to get the nitpicks in before Firepower this time ( :D )...The cape seems to be lacking something, compared to the exquisite detailing of the armor (OMG, dat shield).  Maybe a little trim detail?  And yeah, he's not supposed to be the focus of the image, but the way the Death Guard victim just fades out makes it look a little...odd.

Feels like I'm pointing out a hairs-breadth-off brush stroke on a Monet.  Wonderful work, Greyall.

You're not, mate, drawing prostrated Astartes sucks, most of all because the backpack makes for some strange angles, so I just lazy out on those when I include them ;)

The tabard is on purpose, he's sort of a penitent, so for all the bling on his armour, the robes are simple ones.

Many thanks, Zephyr. Cheers.

Let me just do some public service and point you - both veterans and newcomers to 40K - to BoK's current featured artist, Paul Dainton.

No one bar Karl Kopinsky has made Space Marines as believable as Master Dainton. Dainton, Kopinsky and - let me add Adrian Smith - still create artwork for 40K and, while I wouldn't like to tarnish newer artists' evident skills due to personal preference, I do wish they'd get more. The recent artwork for the Imperial Knights Codex is proof enough, if any were needed, that they should be around this hobby for a very very long time.

No one bar Karl Kopinsky has made Space Marines as believable as Master Dainton. Dainton, Kopinsky and - let me add Adrian Smith - still create artwork for 40K and, while I wouldn't like to tarnish newer artists' evident skills due to personal preference, I do wish they'd get more. The recent artwork for the Imperial Knights Codex is proof enough, if any were needed, that they should be around this hobby for a very very long time.

The art of these three, more than any of the other artists that have done work for GW, is 40k to me. Dainton and Kopinsky bring a realism that none of the artists do, and while Smith's style is a bit more exaggerated, I think he scores more favorites for me than any other GW artist.

I just finished reading this thread all the way up from the first page and... Him on Earth, man, you're brilliant.

If you're ever inspired to draw something from the Knights of Blood (40k wiki and Lexicanum links), I and all the others who represent that little-known chapter would count ourselves extremely lucky.

Archived