Thanks. Right now I'm just happy to have hands I can use in my own builds, but it's food for thought. I'd like to figure out what resin product they're using either-which-way since having the option to bend some components is a really useful feature. Normal resin can do it pretty well but I'm sure purpose made materials are much easier to work with.

Random question; I'm gonna make a donation to your GoFundMe once I get some serious travel expenses back from work, how long does it take to get the store credit?

Also, donation is the wrong word - I think your products are truly amazing (especially the Arcis!) and I get you need investment to make it work!

Edited by ChazSexington

I'm very flexible on the timeline for returning the investments made through the GoFundMe; contact me whenever your interested in what I've got in production and I'll be happy to work it out. Now that my partime work is done for the summer I'm actually going to be updating it to get it back on track and see where it can go. It's a slow burn project inline with the bigger plans for the studio but no matter what happens I'll be honoring every investment made. *Sigh* That reminds me, one of these days I need to get the Arcis back in production. I'm just at the starting point where I've got too much to do for one person but I'm not big enough to expand... yet, so I just need to stay the course. Thanks for understanding. :smile.:

On your straight grip hands, can I suggest you look at knuckle placement? There isn't enough difference in size of the fingers and the angle of the palm to the first ( or second if you count the ones at the palm ) set of knuckle on the straight grip in particular looks very unnatural. The line of the knuckles is too straight to my eye when it should be more of a curve, with the fingers perhaps drifting a bit apart like a hand naturally does. Just a bit of deviation there would make it look a lot more natural.

Are you leaving the wrist flat? I would imagine you might want some wrist-like shims to put in there to adjust the angle of things sometimes. Could also put a bit of convex surface on it that you could match on arms with a round dremel bit -- match the angle of the bit and you have some play for pose-ability esp if you extrude the hump out a little bit to give you place for some greenstuff or something similar if you do decide to angle it. ex:

GeArF1m.jpg

Alternatively you can put just the peg on it and drill down further into the arm -- obviously something nice and standard like 1-1.5mm would be nice -- then you can use something like a godhand spin-blade ( https://hlj.com/spin-mold-godgh-csb-1-3 ) to create a socket with a really nice surface to adhere to.

I'm rambling -- I've just seen hands done previously by other 3rd party producers and they all typically end up needing to be pinned ( which isn't inherently bad ) but they could have more interesting mechanical options for connecting them to arms etc..

:smile.:

Love your rebuild Warpsmith, although I find the horn on the new head slightly distracting, plus I'm not sure whether or not it's an improvement over the somewhat brutal, faceless helmeted version -- maybe you shoud go for something even more original. I keep thinking of the Havoc heads with their many cables and lenses...?!

Also, if you are still taking votes on the axe/polearm arm, you really shouldn't have the weapon held across the body, as that just makes the whole model look way too busy and cluttered. I think Warpsmiths really profit from a more detached, regal look. Anyway, just my two cents! :)

Thanks for the feedback and input. Paradogmatic, I want to reply in more depth but it'll have to wait for my next post. For now I just wanted to drop a screenshot of some work-in-progress...

tnqMyo7.png

∙ Mild insomnia fueled late night (early morning) teaser image because I'm so pleased with the results so far; first up, the Combi-Flamer.

Still need to do a final few finishing touches with the Flamer but it's almost done. I've also got the Melta attachment in the final polish stage and a few different magazine/ammo-drum styles but I still need to get the Plasma and second Bolter worked out. Keep your comm-link active, more coming soon.

I personally don't like that combi-weapon configuration, as putting a secondary weapon (the flamer) ATOP the primary weapon (the boltgun) will obstruct the primary weapon's sights, making it difficult to aim. Although the flamer fuel tank's position makes it easy to replace for refueling or repairs, I doubt many people in-universe will like having a container of flammable/explosive liquids near their own face. Better mount the flamer UNDER the boltgun barrel.

By the way, have you considered modeling bullpup boltguns? That should give you a long enough barrel to mount a full-length secondary weapon, without unbalancing the boltgun. Bullpups can use drum magazines, as this image of the QBB-95 (a variant of the QBZ-95 assault rifle) demonstrates.

That looks great mate, love the full length heatshield design!

I think a little more texture on the handguard at the bottom will fit better with the official bolter design but that's nitpicking.

Counterpoint to the "obstructed sights". It will drastically reduce the recoil to have the barrel of the bolter be lower.(disregarding the whole "bolters have low recoil/marines are strong" argument)

I personally don't like that combi-weapon configuration, as putting a secondary weapon (the flamer) ATOP the primary weapon (the boltgun) will obstruct the primary weapon's sights, making it difficult to aim. Although the flamer fuel tank's position makes it easy to replace for refueling or repairs, I doubt many people in-universe will like having a container of flammable/explosive liquids near their own face. Better mount the flamer UNDER the boltgun barrel.

By the way, have you considered modeling bullpup boltguns? That should give you a long enough barrel to mount a full-length secondary weapon, without unbalancing the boltgun. Bullpups can use drum magazines, as this image of the QBB-95 (a variant of the QBZ-95 assault rifle) demonstrates.

SMG sized weapons are just too small to get an underbarrel weapon. The miniature scale does not help either.

With the previous rules I would agree with you but since the non-bolter weapon now is a full-fledged weapon of its kind I can see why you would align that weapon better than the bolter. Then agian I still don't understand why sergeants and up cannot take special/heavy weapons but can take combi-weapons.

Please make them two part and magnetizable like Anvil Industry did.

More on the combi weapons (still need to make Chaos versions) and feedback to the always welcome suggestions and input in the near future, but first, I couldn’t help but take care of the reasonably straightforward Heavy-Bolter-to-Chaincannon barrel upgrade bits.

q6h6pwo.png

∙ To suit the larger caliber of the Heavy Bolter shells I did these rotary barrels larger and lowered the count from the normal six.

Not only do they better suit the Heavy Bolter they’re going to attach to in my opinion, but it also makes them unique and distinct from the official Chaincannon. Since they’re a Chaos only bit I was able to forego doing them ‘clean’ and got down to creating them with Chaos design elements. While they’re not parts that require really complex fits, as with any preliminary 3D build, I won’t have any idea how good the final fit will be until I can get a few printed.

I keep procrastinating reviving Solus because getting parts ready for print takes another round of preparation and I’ve been too distracted with 3D modeling to get it over with. As always, the current juggle of tasks forces me to split my attention, but it won’t be long now before I can preview some of the several 3D models I’ve been showing over the last few weeks. The finishing touches are almost done for the next batch of prints so stay tuned.

As someone who's actually touched a Gatling gun- specifically, the M134 Minigun, which I performed maintenance on as an aircraft armament systems repairer in the US Army- I have to say your design is too simplistic. The barrels are mounted to a cylindrical rotor, in whose grooves the firing bolts move back-and-forth to load rounds of ammunition, fire them, and extract spent casings as the rotor rotates with the barrels. Unless you add a rotor housing that extends from the rear of the barrels and cover up a heavy bolter's entire top half, your designs will make more sense as upgrades for the assault cannon.

Note: In the real world, Rheinmetall designed a rotating barrel assembly for the MG3 machine gun, but the barrels do NOT rotate as the gun fires, nor does it increase the rate-of-fire. The barrel assembly's purpose is to allow a vehicle crew to replace an overheating gun barrel, allowing the gun to continue firing when the heat would otherwise force it to stop. Is that what you intend to make for the heavy bolter?

As much as I appreciate Bjorn's critique in that it is both well-meant and based on his experience with a real rotor cannon, I feel obliged to say this: screw what Bjorn said; THIS LOOKS  WICKED COOL!

Hidden Content

Nothign personal, Bjorn, take it with a tongue in cheeck. I still love you! :wink: 

I'd buy at least six of these!

Looking forward to the finished product on a bolter. Are you going to use the MkIII/MkIV heavy bolters for this? Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Those are sweet! I'm guessing that the rounded parts in the back slots into the groves along the barrel on the heavens bolter, are those all the same size, or do these fit the raptor HBs specifically?

You mean Havoc HBs, but that's a question I'd like answered as well - on which HB's do these barrels fit? :)

asking because there's a ton out there - the classic CSM HB, the MKIII and MkIV HB from BoP and BaC, respectively, the SM Devastator HB, and the new Havoc HB are the most common space marine sized ones, I'm assuming. 

Awesome work on your Warpsmith! :wub:

From where are the bits you used for his backpack? Wondering if one of these tentacles could works as whip for Adeptus Titanicus scale Knights :whistling:

Thanks! Yeah, I'm pleased with how he turned out but I think there's still a bit more tweaking to do. the Havocs are an excellent base for character models that's for sure.

The backpack is all left over AdMech bits. The arm is from the Onager, the mechatendril attached to it with the claw is from the Dominus mini, and the thin mechtendril arcing under his arm is the Dataspike bit from the Ruststalker/Infiltrator kit.

Yes yes yes yes yes. Those guns are all awesome!

I'm glad they meet with peoples approval. The first 3D sculpts of the preliminary Chaos versions of the combi-weapons are done and I'm writing an update with some images right now. Servitor Solus has also been filled with blessed reagents and the given the appropriate rites of activation so new bits are on the way in the very near future.