Mordent Hex's workshop:currently FW Knight WIP. pg11-12

Christmas 2013! Unfortunetely my seemingly bottomless pit of funds for FW is at an end. Trying to open up my own little company here in china and this will have to be my final purchase for a while. With that said, who knows if i will keep to that, but im going to try too. I got enough crap laying around to finish that i don't think i really need anymore for the near future.

Also belowr i have added a WIP of the chainfist for my Reaver titan. It will have a triple toothed edge for that maximum bite into Tyranid booty. hopefully i an start working on those teeth tomorrow and have a semi finished limb by Christmas to share.

gallery_64782_8966_68228.jpggallery_64782_9069_197125.jpg

Cheers.

I've been busy with other things, so no pictures, but my chainfist are is ready to accept the teeth of the blade.  It will be dual bladed with saw teeth.  That means I'm having to make about 60cm of chainsaw teeth for this bad boy, that's a lot of teeth and the hard part.  The armor on it will lbe easy by comparison. also I'm going out of town for spring festival here in china.  Gf's family time and other business.  Will keep me away from my ruler and hobby knife a lot.  but i hope to have more up shortly as i work like a berserker on what i can do before its time to pack up and go. Im behind schedual on this thing, thats my fault because i have been playing more video games than spending time on this.  Killing things in giant stompy robots is to much fun. :)

gallery_64782_9069_349202.jpg

I Added this to my titan Carapace today. Legio Mortus it is! Also added Edging, a 4mm strip to the carapace and 2mm strip the the engine armor on the back. worked on all this through out the day. About 6ish hours, giving coffee breaks, smoke breaks, dinner, internet stuff, GF stuff, screaming and chasing the cat out of my hobby room...you get the idea...

There is scroll work added below the gate but i took this picture with my phone before i added that. try to get that in on a future update, maybe tomorrow. In other non photo related progress, my SoH assault squad is mostly done. 75% i would say. They are looking rather pimp i think but they have been shelved until i get more of my titan finished.

Travel cases! they are big and deep. yeah thats right, i said it!

They come in Black and Silver. If anyone is interested in getting one, let me know.

Each is 45x35x28cm internal and comes with two locks on the outside with two sets of keys so they are childproof. Foam does not come with it, but it is easy to find if you want that also.

All these bag companies get their stuff made in china, I know how to find other sizes also if you wish something of different dimensions.

Pictures:

gallery_64782_9168_512303.jpggallery_64782_9168_155502.jpggallery_64782_9168_250.jpggallery_64782_9168_165822.jpg

Later this year when i have to move, i'm very confident that all my models will reach my new home in relative safety thanks to these and my other two smaller ones.

Edited by MordentHex

Final update on my titan for about a month. heading out today for holidays and business for a month. That means no scratch building during that time. I will be bringing my paints and models with me though, so on my down time i should be able to paint a good amount of things. It will give me some time to think up more ways to make it a little cooler i hope. It will also give me time to work on my Alternative HH story line and come back with plenty to start the real action of the story with. Sorry about the bad pictures, i had rather bad lighting it seems.

Top Carapace: Its mostly done. I don't know what else to do with it besides add scroll work and battle honors.

gallery_64782_9069_41906.jpggallery_64782_9069_397504.jpg

Structure armor: Looking rather Orky at the moment, but i want my Titan to look brutal. It is brutal so maybe the large rivets will help.

gallery_64782_9069_311242.jpggallery_64782_9069_182553.jpg

Engine armor: Added some more detail to it to bring in in line with the rest of the titans armor plating. Bad picture sorry.

gallery_64782_9069_158264.jpg

Edited by MordentHex

• 4 weeks later...

I so so so hate your skill

Im no blackadder, but thanks! Still on holiday so no more work done that i can show with pictures.  I got a SoH Rhino finished. Work almost finished on a very weathered Worldeater Predator Infernus, and a 5 man devastator squad with Plasmacannons.  I hope to get more done in the next two weeks of holiday. I think im going to try my luck with 1 of my two Super Heavies, we shall see.

Edited by MordentHex

Fantastic thread that I totally missed...

Congrats MordentHex - the scratchbuild is very impressive. Sorry that the Fell Blade proved difficult to put together - I've read similar comments elsewhere too...

Regardless, keep ot up mate - great work indeed! :tU:

Thanks Bro!

Yeah, i literally had to cut into the hull and other things to get parts to fit.  I was unimpressed to say the least. Something tha expencive i expect to fight together like a glove, or at least like a high quality japanese Mecha Model.  what would normally have taken my a fw hors took me days...:censored:

• 3 weeks later...

just got back home! glad to be back but not glad to be going back to work on monday.  With massive cleaning to do to this apartment tomorrow and putting away the odd thing or two, I will try to get some pictures up of what i've been up to for the past month.  Jaspcat I think you will like this update tomorrow. :whistling:

Currently my servitors connectors to the Data-Sphere has experienced
sever degradation.(Internet troubles) I seriously suspect scrap code
within the local system as a chief issue. (local DSL provider) Until i
can source the problem and correct it, along with perhaps a few purges
of local inept techs I will be forced to keep my research and writings
stored locally on my Data slate for future sharing to my fellow
colleagues of the Ordos. (Its all written down on my Google Pad and picts on my PC to share
later) Rest assured that I will be hard at work until the issue has
been resolved and put right with all the power at my disposal.

Thought of the day: The Machine fails, Faith does not.

Lord Inquisitor,

MordentHex

Im going to try and post some picts here as an Edit. Its the only way I can with such unreliable Internet. Someone Is going to be burned publicly for making me do it this way...:furious:

World Eater Devastator squad: 4 plasma cannons, Vet S. conversion with Combi-Plasma. The Dish on his backpack broke, it has been glued back on sense

gallery_64782_8966_254827.jpg

Photoshopped collection of picts for my second Predator Infernus, 1 is a little blurry, sorry

gallery_64782_8966_274089.jpg

Edited by MordentHex

Double posting like its going out of style! Sorry Moderator!

Sons of Horus Predator Executioner turrets ready for some battle damage and glowy bits!

gallery_64782_8966_396160.jpg

Fabrication of two Death Guard Rhinos

gallery_64782_8966_290159.jpg

Edited by MordentHex

Great stuff, I really dig the plasma squad there, you have definitely made the colours your own and the unique blues really give it a different feel to that of the basic HH fluff thus far.

Can't wait to see the Fellblade painted up .. SoH or WE ?

Thanks very much. My colors are a little different from norm for sure. Metallic SoH green and Metallic Purple Emperors Children? :yes: For the blue though, ive seen as many different shades of blue for World Eaters as there are SoH greens. I just dont like the FW blue, and i already had my own blue set by then. I'm going back and forth from SoH to Death Guard for my FB. but who knows until i actually start painting it.

the other Death Guard Rhino being repaired after Isstvan III

gallery_64782_8966_91906.jpggallery_64782_8966_351289.jpggallery_64782_8966_282771.jpggallery_64782_8966_231097.jpg

Emperors Children Assault Terminators.

gallery_64782_8966_307171.jpg

Edited by MordentHex

Ok so I have two Super Heavies, 1 a StormLord and 1 a Fellblade.  I have no idea which legion to paint them, so im going to leave it up to a vote of my fellow brothers here. I cant paint them both as the same legion though.  The choices are, World Eaters, Death Guard, Emperors Children, and Sons of Horus as my army is placed during Isstvan 3 and Isstvan 5 for my alternative Heresy. If i can get people to vote on it, i will pick those two legions with the highest vote.  If i get no votes, i'll paint them Rainbow Warriors. :P

I dunno... the stormlord just seems to be something the WE would use, seeing it's best close-up and personal and so it can disgorge it's troops into the thick of the fighting.

So... Stormlord: World Eaters

Good point, considering that a vote

WE colours on Heresy tanks look great, definitely something I would consider for the Fellblade :smile.:

also a good point. considering that a vote.