Mordent Hex's workshop:currently FW Knight WIP. pg11-12

While I wait the rest of the week to see if anyone else wants to vote in on the legion of the two super heavies im going to go back and refresh some of my older models to update their colors and fix minor and major things. Notably my army theme has changed sense its no longer a standard Heresy army anymore. So i think i should go back and add some more Nids parts here and there to bring them all back into theme.  The Deathguard are going to get their white darkened a bit, they and my WE's white look to much the same. Also i noticed over the course of my few years painting them, the green is not consistent. So i will fix that with my new formula which has the benefit of also being fast. I may replace some of those home made DG shoulder pads with the official ones while im at it too.  Hopefully this will bring my Legions up to date, they will look better, and i will feel better about them.  While im at it, i can finish those three Rhino's too. Death Guard all around this week it seems!

Ok, so I lied, i did very little actual work this week. I did manage to add the missing parts to the hull of the Rhino's and added some studs to different parts on two of them. The other one I'm not going to put studs on. Keep up the more personal touch of each Rhino, make them seem a bit more of a work of art than the press stamped ones of the 4ok.

I did how ever Start working on a diorama/show board for my models instead of always taking a picture of them on my work table or wherever the mood strikes me.

Its still a bit wet, and needs more painting, sand, and detail work, but you get the picture. Hopefully it will be strong enough to survive the move this summer. Fingers crossed!

I get an average of around 200 views each time i post something here and only get like 3 comments tops, so either people just don't give a damn, or they are lazy, maybe both.:sweat: So far Jaspcat you seem to going to get your wish about the Fellblade. I will check again on Sunday for final count, i got plans with the woman out of town for the weekend. :cool.:

So some pictures:

gallery_64782_9168_219605.jpg

The Rhino's(Wip)

gallery_64782_8966_612865.jpg

My World Eater "Fire Support" Aerial photo taken during Isstvan V defense

gallery_64782_8966_617035.jpg

Edited by MordentHex

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I've been farting around the house a little aimlessly the past week. I managed to pull out a few projects and start on them, notably my 3 DG rhinos. They are stil a wip, but getting close to finishing them. Other than the missing parts on them, they seem to be missing something and i cant figure it out. They just feel dull and without character. maybe that will change when i finish the rest of the assembly. C&C welcome. other pictures, Techmarine kicking ass, a poor dead dude becoming lunch, and a genestealer who likes to watch people being naughty. Pitures are not so great because i took them real quick like with my phone.

DG Rhino 1 progress.

gallery_64782_8966_256247.jpg

DG rhino 2 progress

gallery_64782_8966_116919.jpg

Techmarine: not lunch

gallery_64782_8966_244289.jpg

Dead marine: Lunch

gallery_64782_8966_347714.jpg

Lurker:

gallery_64782_8966_302980.jpg

Board looks as if it's coming on well, he Stealer is indeed a nice touch!

I think the only thing that makes the rhinos look off, as you suggest, is the fact that the top doors are missing, then they'll be recognisably rhinos

maybe that's it, just the lack of heavy conversion work.i'm so used to heavily mixing and match and cutting things now it feel odd not too..

• 2 weeks later...

2 of the Legion, My Garro, and another champion yet unnamed.

gallery_64782_8966_1249443.jpg

Emperors Children StormLord Fellblade WIP I'm working on "updating" the kit to make it look less imperial guard and more Legion. Smoother armor plates and better looking weapon systems. I currently have twin linked heavy flamers equipped on the side turrets but i think i will switch them out for Heavy bolters. I got enough spare parts from the Demo's predator kit that i think i can pull it off. I need to add iconography and some gilding as no great tank of the Legion would be unadorned.

gallery_64782_8966_149800.jpggallery_64782_8966_209880.jpggallery_64782_8966_47397.jpg

I got 4 bottles of metallic medium from Vallejo the other day. Metallic purple should be coming after the conversion is complete.

Also im still working on my Death Guard, but i've been feeling uninspired recently. ADHD striking again. Im hoping to have rekindle the passion for them any time now but this kind of thing just cant be forced. :pinch:

Metallic purple you say. Interesting. And I can't believe you removed all the rivets :thumbsup:

Yes, all my Emperors Children are Metallic Purple.  Yeah i removed probably 99% of them.  They take away from the model rather than make it look better.  It would end up looking more like an Ork vehicle than a Legion one. It also has the added benefit of me having a flat surface to add iconography and such if i so choose. The riveted parts are only those plates that have been reinforced for added protection, like the front. I may change that as well though!:whistling:

Edited by MordentHex

Hi MordentHex, I'm one of those lurkers that's been bothering you with lack of comments! Just thought I'd say I'm loving your models & painting and to keep up the good work! Really looking forward to seeing your heavy tanks - I'm keen to add a fellblade (or version of) to my world eaters, so will be watching (lurking) with interest.

Cheers

Thanks Tommy, Speaking of Fellblades, I will be doing one up in World Eaters colors some time in the future because well, Jaspcat wanted it, and secretly deep down so did I. so thats that. For now, the StormLord and the Death Guard crap i got laying around sprinkled with Titan bits.

I got my Imperial Knight household of five Knights yesterday. Needless to say they just got my undivided attention. :drool:   My birthday present early according to my dear woman......we shall see about that...hehehehe

Whats the name of the Titan Legion that supported the Worldeaters? I forgot.  Sense im doing an alternative heresy, guess who just got knocked up/down to a Knight houshold? hehehe:laugh.:

Let the conversions commence!!

Edited by MordentHex

Was it the Legio Mortis that fought with the world eaters? They definitely sided with Horus, and had the Dies Irae Imperator at their head...

[Edit] I found this http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WikF72Iz3L8/UhR95k3wXkI/AAAAAAAAAi8/Yz_SqczSZRQ/s1600/Legio+Mortis+-+War+Maniple.png that might help with colour schemes if these guys are who you meant...

Edited by T0MMY

Audax, awesome, are we going to be seeing grapples for titan take downs?

yeap, and after looking at all the fiddly bits and my cat utterly destoying the assembly instructions im thinking they are going to be more stripped down and less decorative knights.  Maybe, if i can, turn the legs into reverse jointed like a Warhounds.  we shall see. time for work.. the bane of my life...

So, i put together most of 1 of my Knights.  Its a little confusing to do without my instructions but i think i got it down pat.  converting the Chainblade "destroyer" to a power weapon on this guy.  No picts yet as im still working on it and i need to make a Ursala's claw setup on it.  not sure where or how yet.  In other news, my metallic medium worked really nicely with some blue i mixed with it and on its own.  Looks like chrome actually. Im very pleased with it so far.  Im trying to finish up these Death guard Models to get them off my work table and make room for continuing my Storm Lord conversion. After those two things are finished i will see about the knights or maybe finish up a batch of marines to give the medium a real test with metallic purple. :)

No pictures, nothing yet of advanced enough progress to warrant photos.