Mordent Hex's workshop:currently FW Knight WIP. pg11-12

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqm86coiF91r0byljo1_250.gif

thanks very much, means a lot, your pervert marines are great as well. :thumbsup:

EPIC! Not the small kind either ;P

lol I actually got the little guys floating around in a box somewhere back home. thanks.

I'll update with more work later tonight. I also got to start packing up all the crap in my work room for the move in a month or two. Thats not going to be so much fun as painting this, but it has to be done. the wife will be back home tomorrow and i have to show her some kind of progress on that as well or I will get a lecture.:sweat:

Edited by MordentHex

I believe that is free balling. Aka holy winnie the pooh bear that's awesome

:thanks:  He isn't free balling, he had his cod piece.

Awesome - well worth the effort I say !

I reckon that model and paintjob totally deserves some mood lightning to showcase the magma :smile.:

mood lightning?

Man, that is one unique paint scheme. I love it.

Thanks, means a lot coming from you and your great work!

Im working on a way to turn all my Knights into Lancers also. Magnets and such to add another accessory to the Gun arm and Destroyer arm. Just my style, I can't ever seem to do anything simple. This is why the arms are still being worked on.  I'm not buying another Knight anytime soon so i got to accessorize them.:tongue.:

Im not happy with the hand print  or the Wolf emblem either, I will work on it

Edited by MordentHex

Looks awesome in its finished state. Job well done!

Its not finished :pinch:

Haha just noticed the arms are missing. Sorry brother.

My brain sleep needs.

It happens even to the best of us, carry on bro ;)

Thanks guys,

Update time before heading out for the weekend. The real world calls and i must remove my butt from my hobby room.

Lance Conversion!

gallery_64782_9069_34090.jpg

Uber Meltacannon of doom! WIP

gallery_64782_9069_237243.jpg

Battle cannon WIP: did you know this weapon has different stats from 30k to 40k? strange right?

gallery_64782_9069_262828.jpg

ANND TADA! LANCE WIP!

gallery_64782_9069_97476.jpg

Now, none of these are actually finished but you can see the directions im stepping in. the metal on the main gun housing is finished as where the rest is not. The lance will be a nice blue metal much like grey knights, but more blue. It will have a small shield that goes on the side. All the weapons are magnetized for me to swap out easily. The lance itself is not a very complex conversion but it was time consuming. My advice if you wish to make one, go slow, it sucks to drill into something and then screw up your part and have to replace it with a bits order and these bits for this guy are not cheap. this conversion was done only with plastic card and some wire and a hell of a lot of time. I worked on it literally all last night to get it work and look right. trial by error mostly. now that i look at this picture, i think im going to redo the cabling on the gun blue as well to match. The green looks out of place. the Energy coil on the back was just wire rapped around a circular piece of plastic. Anyone wishing to do the same can probably figure it all out just by looking at it. anyways, when i get back home on Sunday I'll try and finish up everything. Oh i almost forgot, the Left arm will magnetize a nice giant shield, no not that FW crap that's been circulating, a real shield! I want a Titan storm shield and i will have one! Also fixed the hand print, looks a little better now. I got to work harder on my freehand techniques.

Edited by MordentHex

Oh another thing, when using the Metallic Medium, base coat with a dark or medium metallic color. I use the old GW chainmail or Boltgun Metal. If you only do it over black the black will bleed through the Medium and it will take on a very blue tint.

So the body is now finished. I forgot to stain the metal around the exhaust vents. I will do that after i finish this post though. I changed the Legio emblem. I like this one more.

The arms are in the works, also mostly finished but nothing to post at the moment. I need to fabricate a large shield for the Left arm. I will try and have a template of that out tonight as well hopefully for transferring to plastic card tomorrow. I also printed out some really nice decals for the shield that i think will look amazing when finished. Anyways, less talk more pictures right?

gallery_64782_9069_94793.jpggallery_64782_9069_154134.jpg
After i give this a varnishing, Im thinking im going to also go back and give the flame armor a satin finish to really make the color pop.

C&C welcome as always.

Edited by MordentHex

I got 1 shield done for this Knight. considering the materials im working with im pleased with the result. Its not anything fancy, this is a test model after all. I'm hoping to do better ones later, i just wanted to make sure that it could be done before i set myself to the task. Right arm is done. Shield is done. Body and Legs are done. Base and Left arm are still Wip however. I got to paint up that little bugger on the blade and create my steal effect on the metal of the arm. I'm almost done with my first knight. :smile.:

Shield:

gallery_64782_9069_183034.jpg

Knight with Shield:

gallery_64782_9069_74842.jpg

Cheers,

MordentHex

Edit: I see that i got red on the black wolf on my shield. Didn't see that before. It shall be fixed.

Edited by MordentHex

ETL III is coming... Are you ready? I am!

Dreadnoughts, Marines, Superheavies and more! Lock and load people!

gallery_64782_9168_75216.jpg

Cat not included!

gallery_64782_9168_203377.jpg

Im staying at my other apartment(1 of 3 currently :pinch:) and sense im going to be at home away from home, i brought along my goodies to keep me busy and active when all hell breaks loose! If your not in on it, get in, It great fun no matter what your painting and really helps get those old projects off the shelves and out of shoe boxes and on the the table looking fresh and pimp!

I would say no animals where hurt making those pictures, but that would be a lie, the cat got a foot in his butt.

Cheers!

Looks like you're set then :wink:

Yes I am, I actually got more than i can put together and paint in 3 months time. I will have to pick and choose carefully. lol

The paintjob on the Knight is really cool, but the best part for me is all pf the extra conversion work. Absolutely ace.

Thanks! My next one will probably be even better now that im more comfortable with the model and changing it around.

I consider our friendly wager is motivating :smile.:

Of course it is. lol  I just wish real world things will settle down soon and i can then settle down and paint more too:pinch: .

Well I threw down the proverbial gauntlet and Jaspcat picked it up and slapped me with it.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/290392-e-tenebrae-lux-iii-horus-heresy-strategium/?p=3669785

So its on like Donkey Kong! but wait that's 2340 points and although i have the models i forgot my books at home! The horror!!!:wallbash:

So here i am sitting at this desk that seems to be made as a prop extra for the Imp and a laptop with which is also similar proportioned with no point of reference for how many points I actually have with me to paint up and slap him back.

I have 4 contemptors with assorted arms, 3 standard dreads, a fellblade, 9 bikers(outriders i think they are called), a vet squad, a Knight, 3 Rapiers laser destroyers, 4 terminators with lightning claws and 1 with a thunderhammer and a shield, and I think every single bag of bits I own. Looks like im going to need to put those bits to use today and make some more squads. 

at least i didn't forget my camera at home:sweat: 

Damn you Jasp!