+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

Point of reference: 6th edition has been released

Question for Captain Semper: Given that a new FOC slot opened up for all codeci, is it possible to submit a vow for the new fortifications options and have that count in the ETL?

Cheers,

Point of reference: 6th edition has been released

Question for Captain Semper: Given that a new FOC slot opened up for all codeci, is it possible to submit a vow for the new fortifications options and have that count in the ETL?

Cheers,

Nope. Let's stick to the Codex for this one. As it happens I have yet to get my hands on the new book but even so, I'd rather we keep things predictable at this stage... If a new Codex comes out that's another question... ;)

Besides, ETL is not about FOC it's about the units in the Codex.

Look at that cheeky DA hoping his codex comes out with fancy expensive killy squads in it for his brethren to get excited about. Think that'll save ya, Semper? ;) C:CSM could use a morale boost from a new codex though, but I probably shouldn't mention that here...

I need to get to work on my marshal... Only one mini painted and there's Darklight leading the charge with 6 vows... Well done brother! I won't catch up but I'll try to help!

Look at that cheeky DA hoping his codex comes out with fancy expensive killy squads in it for his brethren to get excited about. Think that'll save ya, Semper? ^_^ C:CSM could use a morale boost from a new codex though, but I probably shouldn't mention that here...

I need to get to work on my marshal... Only one mini painted and there's Darklight leading the charge with 6 vows... Well done brother! I won't catch up but I'll try to help!

Hahaha, I was actually referring to Chaos... I think they deserve it more than anybody really... Besides latest rumors place the DA Codex in early 2013... :(

I sure hope Darklight delivers, his zeal is noted by the Inner Circle... But the stakes are very high for him now. If he fails on the seventh vow then all previous six will be erased from records much like the lost legions. :)

Hahaha, I was actually referring to Chaos... I think they deserve it more than anybody really...

Nothing personal, I'm sure there are "nice" guys who play Chaos :cuss , but really, all they deserve is chainswords, bolter rounds, and flames.

No worries on the Fortifications thing.

Cheers,

Look at that cheeky DA hoping his codex comes out with fancy expensive killy squads in it for his brethren to get excited about. Think that'll save ya, Semper? :P C:CSM could use a morale boost from a new codex though, but I probably shouldn't mention that here...

Hahaha, I was actually referring to Chaos... I think they deserve it more than anybody really... Besides latest rumors place the DA Codex in early 2013... :(

I sure hope Darklight delivers, his zeal is noted by the Inner Circle... But the stakes are very high for him now. If he fails on the seventh vow then all previous six will be erased from records much like the lost legions. :cuss

Oh I'll Deliver, don't you worry about that ;)

@ Roesor: I've updated your status and added your new vow, but you'd better make the teleport homer and bionics visible... ;)

Just be thankful I felt rushed and didn't feel I had time to give all my sgt's GS admantine mantles =)

Sgt's come with facial bionics, but yeah I'll only include as many Homers as I actually have the Homers for. Also frankly I only added them to bring our termiantor squads points total up to that of a vanilla one. xD

I was only sad you guys already ruled on not representing tank hunters etc... I first figured I would totally deck out the squad with all manner of scopes and 'Tank Hunting' equipment as well as various Tank related trophies =/

Second vow's progressing quicker than the first, I forgot to ask if the general picture I took of all the models I intend to vow was acceptable ( I assumed >_<) in the sense of before and after, or would you prefer pictures of them squad by squad? (If so for these ones I can take a half painted picture and do proper before ones for the rest to come)

Go Brother Darklight Go! =D

Vow 3 Complete. 1 Marshal with Master-crafted Lightning Claw, Storm Shield, Adamantine Mantle, Holy Orb of Antioch, Artificer Armour, and Terminator Honours for 210 pts. All wargear is present :)

Please excuse my before photo. Im my zeal to paint i completely forgot to take a before picture in just primer. I immediatly took a picture as soon as I realized this. I hope this will be acceptable.

Before

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af155/Nards08/2012-07-01004153.jpg

Completed

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af155/Nards08/2012-07-01130245.jpg

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af155/Nards08/2012-07-01130323.jpg

Currently planning my 4th vow and shall post it soon.

Ok time for vow number 4

“I, Nards08, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 1 Predator Annihilator with sponson lascannons and dozerblade from Codex: Black Templars of total value 150 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Ok time for vow number 4

“I, Nards08, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 1 Predator Annihilator with sponson lascannons and dozerblade from Codex: Black Templars of total value 150 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Heh, nice one, my next vow's gonna be a Predator Annihilator as well. Hopefully I'll have time to vow my 5-man Assault Marine squad as well...

I have a destructor after this to vow. Hopefully I will get the bits I need and be able to convert my 5 man bike squad for the ETL as well. With 6th being out now also gives me an excuse to convert a new chaplain so I may be able to stuff that in here too.

Vow Complete! One typhoon landspeeder for 70, Captain.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/kungfu-monk/ETL2012typhoon.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/kungfu-monk/ETL2012typhoon2.jpg

Edit: picture codes and whatever. :/

Just be thankful I felt rushed and didn't feel I had time to give all my sgt's GS admantine mantles =)

Sgt's come with facial bionics, but yeah I'll only include as many Homers as I actually have the Homers for. Also frankly I only added them to bring our termiantor squads points total up to that of a vanilla one. xD

That's cool! Good luck! :o

I was only sad you guys already ruled on not representing tank hunters etc... I first figured I would totally deck out the squad with all manner of scopes and 'Tank Hunting' equipment as well as various Tank related trophies =/

Yeah, this ruling was made early on to keep things simple and level... Special rules that do not have a generally accepted item to represent them are open to abuse, so better safe than sorry.

Second vow's progressing quicker than the first, I forgot to ask if the general picture I took of all the models I intend to vow was acceptable ( I assumed >_<) in the sense of before and after, or would you prefer pictures of them squad by squad? (If so for these ones I can take a half painted picture and do proper before ones for the rest to come)

General picture is acceptable. Carry on Templar! :P

Vow 3 Complete. 1 Marshal with Master-crafted Lightning Claw, Storm Shield, Adamantine Mantle, Holy Orb of Antioch, Artificer Armour, and Terminator Honours for 210 pts. All wargear is present ;)

Conrats for completing such a beuitiful model Nards! Bravo! I have updated both your completion and your next vow! Good luck - you are doing great!!!

Vow Complete! One typhoon landspeeder for 70, Captain.

Cool stuff Montressor - excellent Typhoon there! The BT team never cease to amaze me! Congratulations - table updated with your completion too! ;)

Normally I wait till I complete my vow to post my before picture but this time I couldn't resist. I wanted to share a little of the old school flavor I'll be painting up for my next vow. It is slightly modified to make it look a little more like the current models but I think it will still add a little character to my crusade.

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af155/Nards08/2012-07-02161926.jpg

First Vow complete

One Venerable Tank-Hunting dreadnaught with Twinlinked Lascannon and CCW

Since tank-hunter was said to not count then my vow counts for 145 instead of 155 points

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg525/scaled.php?server=525&filename=img1775k.jpg&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg213/scaled.php?server=213&filename=img1784f.jpg&res=landing

Venerable Brother Midas has joined the crusade to slay the enemies that dare challenge us

Second Vow

I redmapa answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete One Terminator Sword Bretheren Squad of five men equipped with two Cyclone Missile Launchers from Codex: Black Templars of value 250pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end

Getting bored waiting on the last bits for my next vow so I figured i'd just take the before picture now and get started on what I got.

Before pic, quite armless

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7127/7490329134_e9fa748834_z.jpg

Third vow:

“I, Reinhard, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 1 Emperor's champion and 1 Reclusiarch with a Crozium, Terminator armor and Stormbolter from Codex: Black Templars of total value 215 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

I trust the rather unorthodox take on how I'm modeling my emperors champion will not be a problem for the purposes of the ETL, or will it Captain Semper?

That looks to be an awesome way to model the Emp Champ. Also I'm loving that Reclusiarch. What are you using for his helmet if you dont mind my asking.

What are you planning to do to cover the power cables and librarian symbols on the chest piece Reinhard? Both those conversions are pretty inspired so far. (Think the chaplain helmet needs a lower jaw though)

Not sure about the power cables yet but for most else: purity seals. I think I counted 11 purity seals (as well as additional large sheets) on my standard GW terminator chaplain, and this guy has just what, 7-ish? Can add few more without it looking too much I think. The demon horns on the librarian skulls have been simply cut off, but ill have to work a bit more on chest piece especially before it'll be unoticeable (hopefully anyway) Same deal with the blood drop symbols.

So that leaves the cables pretty much. One idea is to simply cut them off too then put some chains, perhaps, to cover the undoubtedly ugly tracks that'd leave.

@ Nards: That's a sweet annihilator there old timer! ;) Brings back memories...

@ redmapa: Congratulations on completing your Dread - awesome stuff!!! ;) Your first vow status is updated to "Complete" and your second vow added. Good luck!

@ Reinhard: Your EC is fine - good luck! Can't wat to see this one completed... :wacko: Table updated with your third vow!

E TENEBRAE LUX – 7th WEEK UPDATE

The 7th week was not as productive as the 6th. There are two main reasons for this: Firstly the 40k 6th Edition hit the shelves which meant that people focused on the new mechanics and topics like allies, power weapons, etc dominated the interest across all forums. Secondly, (and that affected Europeans mostly) we had the semi-finals and the final of the UEFA Euro-2012 – well done Spain! ;)

So, despite all that, what did happen during this week in the ETL? Well, for one thing we had 8.5k worth of completions. That is to be compared to 15k last week. Total completed points reached the 42k level and the overall completion rate climbed to 22% from 18% last week. Even more interestingly another 8.3k pts were added as follow-up vows! So virtually all completions were replenished by new vows and the dynamic appears to be ascending still!

However we are still in the difficult period (even without the distractions such as the 6th ed. or football) where first month’s enthusiasm waned and people still feel there is a lot of time to complete their vows and thus can afford to be complacent. But can they? I believe that the forum that keeps going during this period will benefit immensely and put some safe distance between them and the competition.

So here’s how things look at the end of week 7:

E TENEBRAE LUX – 7TH WEEK UPDATE
Black Templars 80 33,909 424 8,808 26%
Blood Angels 52 27,227 524 4,870 18%
Dark Angels 75 39,337 524 5,175 13%
Codex Space Marines 51 32,942 646 3,850 12%
Space Wolves 44 30,234 687 7,948 26%
Chaos 48 19,782 412 7,720 39%
Ordos Inquisition 19 5,591 294 3,408 61%
Total 369 189,022 512 41,779 22%
Index Astartes 26 15,900 612 3,715 23%
Liber Astartes 14 9,663 690 135 1%
Ultramarines 11 7,379 671 0 0%

Comments:

The Dark Angels had a disappointing week. With only 265 points completed (vs. at least 1.1k by every other forum) they now are fourth but with considerable distance from the third... DAs do not seem to have their heart into it and the only thing that keeps them afloat is their numerical superiority, which also gradually erodes as we move further in the ETL. Their completion rate is a meager 13% vs. an average of the ETL of 22%. I don’t know what it’ll take for the DAs to get dynamically back into the game but if they carry on like that they don’t stand a chance! C’mon guys, you’ve made your commitments, now honor them -lest the Wolves and the Templars have a funny story to tell during the cold winter nights…

The Wolves keep their position as a close second with almost 8k points and an above-average completion rate of 26%. They retain their high points/vow ratio and they appear to be able to keep the pace so far by completing almost 1.6k pts on the week. This for the wolves is a race against fatigue. If they manage to carry on vowing and completing at the current rates there is nothing to deny them victory in the end. However we are still almost in the middle of this so I hope you guys have the energy to see this through! The 1.6k worth of new vows this week is a very encouraging sign.

Blood Angels recovered somewhat since last week, managing 1.3k pts worth of completions. Despite that, previous weeks’ weakness created a significant distance vs. the leading forums that requires a better-than-average performance to catch up. But their completion rate of 18% remains below average and (perhaps more importantly) the renewed vows of only 250 pts do not seem hopeful. So guys, a lot of work has to be done still for you to become a serious contender for the first place. It’s about time for your legacy to kick-in!

Black Templars are comfortable leaders of the ETL. They have a completion rate higher than the average (but not crazily so), they have completed 1.3k pts this week and have re-vowed 1.7k! This is as solid as it gets! Especially if you combine it with the fact that they have the highest number of vows by now which translates to a very manageable average vow of 424 pts. With 8.8k pts completed so far they are a good 1k points ahead of the Wolves – a large but not as yet safe distance! Still the dynamics are in their favor and unless the competition greatly accelerates on a consistent basis the BTs currently seem like the favorites to win this.

Codex Forums are going through an internal re-organization phase right now (compliments to The Yak for organizing things a bit). But the harsh reality is that there are no completions to speak of. Apart form Arizonajirt’s completions that currently stand for 90% of the entire three forums’ total little else has happened! Amazing as this is, Arizona cannot win this single-handedly… So let’s see some more completions guys – making it to the finish line with just one completed vow won’t cut it – you’ll need to vow again! You have the resources; put them in good use!

Chaos is a very interesting case. With low number of participants and relatively low average vow they still manage a very respectable third place only 200pts behind the Wolves. They added a spectacular 3k pts during the week and re-vowed 2.8k. The dynamics seem to be right and the whole performance very promising if it wasn’t for one thing: Completion Rate! In order to achieve this great performance, the Chaos faction, used-up a much greater part of their resources. With a completion rate of 39% it means that future renewals must come at even higher point values and raise the average vow to exceed the average of the ETL. Otherwise they’ll run out of vows faster than the rest… So keep that in mind when you are making new vows, you are the only forum that actually must bring your completion rate down in order to become more competitive. But as things stand now: WELL DONE!!!

Ordos Inquisition did nothing this week. This is only to be expected given their extremely high completion rate of 61%! In fact the Ordos are a more pronounced version of the Chaos forum situation. Few participants + (very) small average vow + high completion rates = out of alternatives earlier than the rest. But let’s face it; the Ordos are a special case! They should measure their success by their completion rate, and their dedication is what will carry them through. I’m willing to bet that by the end of the ETL the Ordos would have maintained the highest completion rate among all other forums! My challenge still stands: can you make 100% completion rate for your first vows?

Until the next weekly update, farewell and good luck to all!

Archived